Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

Can't wait for the player ships, not only will they bring a new UI into play but they will also give some realism to the game. "Veterans" don't understand that this game isn't a 'quick join a match and grind what you want' thing, it seems like that because its what you do. Sure the RNG sucks @$$ but until its changed it won't go away.

Melee 2.0 only sucks for "veterans" because it doesn't kill everything in one hit like their op 5 forma potatoed soma does, your not suppose to be that powerful. That just makes the game boring, for all the other "veteran" players out there thinking melee sucks, take a melee weapon you like(personally i'm one of the lucky few who got ether daggers, and they rock) and try stealthing a mission. It may seem boring but don't think of everything in this game as 'fast as you can', try planning out stealth kills and using your weapon, its not as good as a gun but nothing is because guns are guns and they kill things more efficiently. Even though the parrying could use some work to make it actually skill based instead of crappy RNG...(back to ships)

What DE is trying to do is make the game have story, not lore unfortunately, but a story none the less. We are Tenno, space ninja gods! Things like the player ship aren't just for UI, that's only a new opportunity made by them, its about immersion. The feeling that you can do things outside of missions other than kneel in front of cyberspace. The new ships are to show that you are an entity, not just a player waiting to join a mission, but a Tenno ready to do a quest or join that awesome assassin's guild thing that Steve mentioned once apon a devstream :D My rant is over but U14, while lacking in any major fixes, will still be good for starting any story. The Devs could totally make this game lore-tastic easily, I wish they did since it would be as simple as make a new gamemode or two with meaning or make missions affect the game world..

Maybe this is just me but anyone else gonna spend more time just like hanging out in Warframe when player ships come and then eventually player hubs?  I feel like ill just wanna hang out more in the game lol, grounding the game like they are doing is really helping I think.

Maybe this is just me but anyone else gonna spend more time just like hanging out in Warframe when player ships come and then eventually player hubs?  I feel like ill just wanna hang out more in the game lol, grounding the game like they are doing is really helping I think.

I certainly will, I think they need to add more out-of-mission things for you to do. Or they need to add open world missions so you can roam around to find events. With those missions it would be awesome to have civilians and city or other populated settlements to visit, imagine roaming around a section of a large grineer controlled settlement on phobos, parkouring on the roofs until you hear a scream and see some lancers messing with like a market or something so  you have sort of an "event" like alert thing like in most games where you have to kill the grineer.

The U14 ship is still under construction this week, but when it is ready, there will be no doubts, no questions, about its arrival.

You will know.

T-T R.I.P my hype...

Edited by Toppien

Melee 2.0 only sucks for "veterans" because it doesn't kill everything in one hit like their op 5 forma potatoed soma does, your not suppose to be that powerful. That just makes the game boring, for all the other "veteran" players out there thinking melee sucks, take a melee weapon you like(personally i'm one of the lucky few who got ether daggers, and they rock) and try stealthing a mission. It may seem boring but don't think of everything in this game as 'fast as you can', try planning out stealth kills and using your weapon, its not as good as a gun but nothing is because guns are guns and they kill things more efficiently. Even though the parrying could use some work to make it actually skill based instead of crappy RNG...(back to ships)

Stealth wasn't a part of melee 2.0 btw

And most of the "veterans" think that melee 2.0 sucks not because of the system itself, but because of the way DE mixed something that was supposed to be fun with ungodly amounts of grind and the fact that some stances had only 1 (ONE) freaking combo. Also, everything else in U13 was hidden behind an RNG wall (farm dem delta beacons), and that pissed us off even more.

And yes, I've tried "sword alone" runs and they still suck. Melee 2.0 is nice improvement to melee 1.0, but not a complete replacement for guns.

I think that is the main purpose of Kubrows. To give players something aside from grind and more RNG.

The U14 ship is still under construction this week, but when it is ready, there will be no doubts, no questions, about its arrival.

You will know.

The problem is that they have already told us what's inside that update, and we started the hypethreads because we want it for yesterday. Next time DE, don't say anything until you are 100% sure when will you be able to ship this, otherwise people will be just disappointed over and over again and you will lose your players.

I will be doing that, I also hope they do an awesome hub world like the citadel from Mass Effect where you can just hang out with other players

"Posted by Ishki88 on 31 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Remember you created your own false hype.  Not DE's fault honestly.  You guys do this every week like robots with 2 emotions.  Hype and Despair."

And it seems it still applies.   I just people would stop doing this because I feel like their disappointment will evolve into something else. 

you know i was just thinking it would be kinda cool to have like a player lounge kinda thing, where you go in and chat with other people in there WF's.

adn i think this update is gonna be good or the game i really do

The problem is that they have already told us what's inside that update, and we started the hypethreads because we want it for yesterday. Next time DE, don't say anything until you are 100% sure when will you be able to ship this, otherwise people will be just disappointed over and over again and you will lose your players.

Personally, I like seeing all those false hypes, and the tears of disappointment that follows.

Or you could not invent a release date when DE hasn't given a release date. Then you won't hype yourself up for nothing.