Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

I'd rather have a polished update that a buggy/crashy update.

You're assuming that they are just polishing the update, when they haven't said that. I bet they're still trying to get stuff finished. Then they'll do the polishing.

In the last devstream, they did say that u14 will be available on both PS4 and PC at the same time so we should start keeping track of the builds before we hype again.

edit: I guess I'm starting to lose it (already hearing voices) sorry everybody.

Edited by PH0X-1

In the last devstream, they did say that u14 will be available on both PS4 and PC at the same time so we should start keeping track of the builds before we hype again.

You sure they said that? Can you give the timecode? It doesn't seem practical/possible unless the PC version gets held back to allow the PS4 version to go through cert first, which I'm pretty sure DE have said they won't do.

I know we all are basically expecting it next week at this point but didn't red text specifically say that they were fitting in one more update till the big one when last weeks update got released?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2cdm4i.jpg

Yeah. Did Redtext say that U14 would be this week, like everyone was expecting? No, it didn't, and Drew has already said that U14 is still under construction "this week".

I'd like to change the discussion at hand to something about the content of the Update (not that discussion about when it comes, and hype, is a bad thing). What do you all think is your favorite part of the update?

For me its the ships - this really gives a sense of "place" in the game's universe rather than the floating starchart that we have now.

My Valkyr will finally be what she should be post-Melee 2.0. When she came out I foresaw her as my second or third favorite frame. But then Melee 2.0 came out and all she was useful for was as a combat medic. Not a bad thing but it is not her purpose. She is a Beserker so I need her to kill threats to Tenno enmasse.

Also she looks like EVA Unit 01 so I think my future killing style fits in my opinion.

thats not how decimals work

*facepalm* smartass...

Something tells me that this does not apply to the naming of software/ update versions.

look it up on wikipedia , if you need to.

Edited by WEREsandrock

I doubt it, but I hope they make an event leading up to it.

Events are always jawsome... but we just had one, that's why I don't think we will get one.

Would be cool though.

Well, while I wouldn't count on it, another mini event is actually somewhat likely. Wind back the clock a few months to the Hunt for Aladv event, which was essentially one event in two parts. First there was Gradivus, which was the precursor standard event that decided how the hunt would play out, followed by the actual introduction of the Gas City tileset via a mini event that was the Hunt for Aladv.

So with that event structure in mind, it's somewhat likely there will be a mini event that will introduce the actual Infested tileset that we got a preview of in the breeding Grounds to the star chart, as it's been confirmed that it will be the new tileset for Eris.

Well, while I wouldn't count on it, another mini event is actually somewhat likely. Wind back the clock a few months to the Hunt for Aladv event, which was essentially one event in two parts. First there was Gradivus, which was the precursor standard event that decided how the hunt would play out, followed by the actual introduction of the Gas City tileset via a mini event that was the Hunt for Aladv.

So with that event structure in mind, it's somewhat likely there will be a mini event that will introduce the actual Infested tileset that we got a preview of in the breeding Grounds to the star chart, as it's been confirmed that it will be the new tileset for Eris.

Damn, you're right....

And now you've given me hopes that there could eventually be a mini event DX

No srsly. it would be jawsome.