Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Rid Of Nyx's V Polarity

(PSN)da-link-went-1

Question

I use Nyx a lot. I've leveled every frame in the game and now I'm starting to just do the things that I want to do. Like formaing the eff out of Nyx, Saryn, Loki and maybe Nekros. 

Anyway, Nyx's V polarity perplexes me. I feel like there is absolutley no need for it, but I'm tentative about formaing it out..... I would hate to waste a forma or an existing polarity mark.

I feel like it's there for a reason and I am just to stupid to figure it out. I pretty much run the cookie cutter chaos spam/absorb build and this V mark does nothing for it.

So....feedback please.....

Edited by da-link-went-1

i'd like to take her V polaraity...

lol.

Just change one of her ability polarities to the polarity you need instead. Mind control is only 3 points if you want to use it without a polarity and Physic Bolts is never going to be used on a serious build. It will give you more than enough points for most builds, even with the incorrect V. 

Why would you, really? Max Fleeting and Overextended is so much better in almost every situation. 

For me a maxed fleeting and a maxed continuity is the best balance between being able to deal with respawns and not having to constantly recast chaos.

Yeah, I forma'd it into a D polarity for overextended, the V is pretty much useless on nyx.

Also, Oberon has 2 V polarities. WHY!?!

Intensify and Rage, why else?

I've added a third to mine to accommodate Blind Rage.

I like Continuity in the V slot, but not always. The slightly longer Chaos is good for causing enemies to kill each other (less time proportionally spent stunned), while the shorter chaos has better coverage.

Most of the time I use Rage there. Figure the only time I'm ever gonna be at risk of dying is when I dont have enough energy to cast.

Why would you, really? Max Fleeting and Overextended is so much better in almost every situation. 

If you're using corrupted mods and not offsetting their penalties, it's generally a bad idea.

Intensity boosts how much damage absorb does. Continuity increases how long chaos lasts. Fleeting and overextended both LOWER those stats. I can't really see an argument for something else you'd be putting in those slots, unless you're n00bing it up with redirection or vitality.

If you're using corrupted mods and not offsetting their penalties, it's generally a bad idea.

Intensity boosts how much damage absorb does. Continuity increases how long chaos lasts. Fleeting and overextended both LOWER those stats. I can't really see an argument for something else you'd be putting in those slots, unless you're n00bing it up with redirection or vitality.

Duration is BAD for Chaos, especially in Survival. 

Intensify is not needed to offset Overextended because you can easily make up for the slight power loss with a few Castanas or Penta nades, which boost the Absorb damage to levels far beyond what intensify can. Sure, you could use intensify but it is arguably a wasted slot. 

Duration is BAD for Chaos, especially in Survival. 

Intensify is not needed to offset Overextended because you can easily make up for the slight power loss with a few Castanas or Penta nades, which boost the Absorb damage to levels far beyond what intensify can. Sure, you could use intensify but it is arguably a wasted slot. 

Actually,

Chaos has saved my squad in T4 survival. It's quite handy if you think about it. 

Actually,

Chaos has saved my squad in T4 survival. It's quite handy if you think about it. 

I'm sure it has... I know it is a great move?

If you want more duration, simply don't max Fleeting - 3 points with streamline will get you to 70% energy efficiency or 4 in both for 75%. This already removes then need to use Continuity in that slot. 

Actually,

can you even read? he told that duration is bad for chaos, not that chaos is bad. of course it is one of the best abilities for high lvl missions.

but it benefits from shorter duration, here is why:

if there are enemies effected with the chaos, you can not recast it, while the other enemies, that have spawned/arrived after you did cast, are still attacking you. with high efficiency you can spam that ability, but if an osprey or something decides to hide somewhere, you can not cast it until the effect wears off - which means shorter duration is better in this case.

This is the Nyx build that has worked out the best for me, and it makes use of the v polarity, thought you might be interested. That little extra duration provided by continuity to compensate for fleeting can be a boon for Nyx'x chaos, and especially mind control.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx/t_30_12001430013_1-5-10-4-7-5-7-2-5-8-10-5-13-6-3-14-1-5-46-3-5-55-8-5-96-9-3-98-0-3-99-4-3_98-5-14-5-7-9-46-11-99-7-1-7-13-7-4-9-55-11-96-2-8-14_42/en/1-0-14/11428/

can you even read? he told that duration is bad for chaos, not that chaos is bad. of course it is one of the best abilities for high lvl missions.

if there are enemies effected with the chaos, you can not recast it, while the other enemies, that have spawned/arrived after you did cast, are still attacking you. with high efficiency you can spam that ability, but if an osprey or something decides to hide somewhere, you can not cast it until the effect wears off - which means shorter duration is better in this case.

Ooo I didn't really read that properly. 

I just like the fact that chaos has a bit of duration to it. Duration wouldn't just be for chaos as well, it would be for mind control. 

There are times when heals and extra damage are needed for a mission. 

I'm sure it has... I know it is a great move?

If you want more duration, simply don't max Fleeting - 3 points with streamline will get you to 70% energy efficiency or 4 in both for 75%. This already removes then need to use Continuity in that slot. 

I didn't read your post properly. I apologize. 

As for duration, I like a fair bit of it.

I'm a huge efficiency hoarder though so I get conflicted with priorities. The max fleeting expertise can balance out the duration time for Chaos and Mind control. Makes it quite spammy, with a good amount of duration. 

So I'm certainly fine with the polarity. :D

Edited by Verre

I agree that to much duration on chaos is a bad thing, but for me, my 22 second build is perfect. That way I don't have to constantly spam it, I can cast once, and then focus on shooting (or absorbing.) I'd never dream of using a narrow minded, but with fleeting on, using either constitution, continuity, or both helps me play Nyx better.

The best thing to do is forma the V off and put in a polarity that works better for whatever build you use.

Yes, you can use a continuity there just fine, but the problem is you probably will have a downranked one and essentially be wasting potential mod energy. Constitution is better to use when tuning chaos duration, but you'll have to use that forma. Nothing wrong with continuity, but a constitution is just a more elegant solution.

I like a 12-13 second duration on chaos, so I use a rank one constition with a max rank fleeting to get me there on a three forma Nyx.

Rage folks, Rage. Think about it - have you *ever* died when you had energy available? You could just hit 4 and take a breather if you did. 

As for duration on Chaos, its an interesting problem. Chaos is composed of a 2 second 'stun' or flail animation before the enemies start shooting each other. So if you're looking just to distract them from shooting you or teammates, a shorter duration will have better coverage on incoming enemies and thus be better. But if you want enemies to kill themselves, a slightly longer Chaos will be more effective, as enemies spend longer in the 'kill eachother' mode than in the stunlock.

Rage folks, Rage. Think about it - have you *ever* died when you had energy available? You could just hit 4 and take a breather if you did. 

As for duration on Chaos, its an interesting problem. Chaos is composed of a 2 second 'stun' or flail animation before the enemies start shooting each other. So if you're looking just to distract them from shooting you or teammates, a shorter duration will have better coverage on incoming enemies and thus be better. But if you want enemies to kill themselves, a slightly longer Chaos will be more effective, as enemies spend longer in the 'kill eachother' mode than in the stunlock.

A good point, also I think it matters which weapon you're using. If you're up close with a shotgun, it's probably best to spam chaos, but If you've got a weapon with some range on it, and you're hanging back and shooting while the enemies are killing each other (or sniping heavy gunners with a paris prime) duration may be more useful. 

shortest duration chaos will control more crowds than any other chaos

you will have plenty of energy to spam it and mind control as u need it 

just throw intensify in the V and take ur extra absorb damage 

rage is wasted on nyx, continuity just makes ur CC worse 

could throw provoked on for epic bleed out damage

we need more frame Vs