Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Horror Aspect To Orokin Derlict Missions

psychoticmoth

Warframe has a lot of really cool aspects to it but what it is missing is a more horrific and spooky side to it. Although the Stalker is rather scary, he seldom shows up and only shows up for a brief moment. Now imagine how awesome and blood pumping it would be if Orkin Derelict were as scary as Slenderman with as many jump scares as well put together horror game. 

So i think this would would be awesome to add this kind of aspect to it.
Give it some thought if your not convinced :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242308-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-30/

Not sure if you saw the wall-mouth things. But they're gonna grab you and spit you out somewhere else in the level, separating you from your team. A step if in the right direction for spookyness if you ask me.

(look at the image album in the thread by the way)

Edited by CybrinZ

No. That's just dumb. I don't want to be a prick, but that's just dumb. Jump-scares and Slendy have been over-done and at this point elicit a "Eh... Whatever." reaction. Consider this: Horror and run-and-gun do not go together. Example? I use to run through the Doom games without being scared because I knew the simple solution was to get in the face of any monster in the game and feed it some buckshot or saw it in half. So chances are whatever you'd have jumping out at the player would end up riddled with bullet holes before players even have a chance to realize it was trying to jump out and scare them.

Horror games only work because they take power and knowledge away from the player and in order for that to work in Warframe, you'd have to vastly reduce the carried amount and availability of ammunition, reduce the power and variety among the arsenal, get rid of or severely downgrade the player's powers, restrict movement, change the sound design to something ominous or foreboding, the enemies would need to be more dangerous/dynamic, a reworked inventory system would probably be necessary, the levels would probably have to be redesigned to some extent, and the overall objective of the game would have to be much different. I can't see a game where the objectives are things like rescuing hostages, capturing enemies, and wiping out enemy battalions being something that could fit into the horror genre. To make the game scary, you'd pretty much have to destroy everything that makes Warframe what it is.

There's a reason that there's not really any successful run-and-gun horror combos, at least not that I know of. It simply doesn't work out. 

Jump scares are generally considered cheap at worst, but in the hands of a master they can induce fright without coming off as cheap.

Alfred Hitchcock sums it up, saying "There is no terror in the bang, but only in anticipation of it."

Atmosphere is key. Reason why I love the new infested tileset. It gives off a Dead Space feel.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

There's a reason that there's not really any successful run-and-gun horror combos, at least not that I know of. It simply doesn't work out. 

There are quite a few games with horror elements in them without being survival horror. L4D is an example.

Anyhoo, scary assassin enemy idea.

-No health bar shown.

-A lot of hp, or a lot of it

-Decent offensive powers, such as visor static, etc

-Creepy &#! taunts

-You fight it in phases, or it plays dead or something.

well they lack skill or are relatively new players.....

yes they're a pain but people will get used to them pretty fast

In dark sector infested defence at wave 10 they can make it completely impossible to get near the pod/revive a fallen team mate. Individually they are fine. What makes them totally broken is when you have 4/5 of them criss crossing the same area at the same time. I quite like the concept of them but the number that can spawn at any one time needs to be nerfed. 

Edit: 

Infested defence prior to this event was my favourite game type. Not any more. :( 

Edited by Ralthor