Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Earth Warframe?

NoggDog117

There is no "concept of 4 elements." This is Warframe. Not Ancient Greece or Avatar.

You said elementals, and you ignored 2 male elementals.

Tell me where I said elementals in my original post. I brought up the 4 elements because of someone else's post, but if anything, it would be the 5 elements, since Warframe takes alot of East Asian influence. Earth, Metal, Fire, Water, Air.

Edited by NoggDog117

Tell me where I said elementals in my original post. I brought up the 4 elements because of someone else's post, but if anything, it would be the 5 elements, since Warframe takes alot of East Asian influence. Earth, Metal, Fire, Water, Air.

What I'm saying is that Frost and Volt shouldn't be an exception to a basis of assumption that DE is trying to keep gender balance within the element-themed frames. Why exactly would DE make a sub-group of elementals and just shut out electricity and ice? It doesn't make sense.

Edited by Ionus

What I'm saying is that Frost and Volt shouldn't be an exception to a basis of assumption that DE is trying to keep gender balance within the element-themed frames. Why exactly would DE make a sub-group of elementals and just shut out electricity and ice? It doesn't make sense.

I guess. This is kind of off topic, though. What I want to answer is if we are going to get an Earthframe or not.

I'm glad they skipped it. We don't need another boring elemental frame to be added. DE also said that they do, in fact, consider Oberon to be "earth" or something.

dude, we need multiple kinds of the same frames- trappers, casters, deffensive, offensive, manipulation, etc.

and multiple elements would help facilitate multiple kinds.

imagine a new water frame that could cast a bubble like frost's globe, but it moved with the frame?

imagine a new fire frame that cast a ring of fire that kept enemies out, like bastille, but also burned those who got within 1 meter of it. (does not retain enemies in it)

we need tons and tons of frames, and if that means a bit of similarities in designs, so be it.

Oberooooooo.....key.

Well.... earth doesn't mean he has to be able to manipulate rocks or metal... which would be cool, no doubt about that.

But hey, now we have a new warframe theme we can look forward to: Toph A earth bender warframer!

She can turn lockers into practical mimics, rig things to explode, and electrify ziplines. She's a trapper.

That seems more along the lines of boobytrapper, hacker, or (more generically) matter manipulator (which, in a weird sense can make an Earth-based frame without having to be connected to dirt). 

Booben is the Trap layer frame.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Frost.

What about Volt and Frost?

Uhmm what about frost?

There is no "concept of 4 elements." This is Warframe. Not Ancient Greece or Avatar.

You said elementals, and you ignored 2 male elementals.

I said classic elements. I am not denying that Frost and Volt are elemental frames but i used "classic" because its a popular term to describe the four elements of water, fire, earth and air. Also perhaps the reason the next frame is not earth themed could be that they wanna have a equal gender balance between the classic ones.

And yes i know ice is water frozen into a solid state but i am pretty sure that most people consider the classic elemental water to its liquid state.

Edited by Septin

I want this so badly, also now I have to re-watch every episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender, on a side note the Earth based warframe should definitely be blind unless touching the ground. 

The big problem is that it would be hard to make an Earth frame that isn't... well... like Rhino.

"Iron" (Rock) Skin is sort of out of the question. Stomp (seismic shockwave) is sort of out of the question too.

But yeah. Original Avatar was the best.

The big problem is that it would be hard to make an Earth frame that isn't... well... like Rhino.

One ability could be a giant fissure opening in the ground, or making some kind of Golem(the Hebrew kind not J3) and of course chucking rocks

chucking rocks

Or a Rocknado?

This is Tenno space magic we are talking about. I wouldnt be suprised if a earth frame would be able to petrify enemies.

That is a neat idea. "Fossilize" Maybe a CC technique that disables enemies in a radius around the player? Freezes them in place for no damage, makes them vulnerable to attack, and after a certain amount of time they break free and resume?

"Iron" (Rock) Skin is sort of out of the question. Stomp (seismic shockwave) is sort of out of the question too.

But yeah. Original Avatar was the best.

What about plants?

Or glass?! 8D

How is rhino an "Earth" type?

first ability: Rhino charge. Where he charges at the opponent, LIKE A RHINO

second ability: Iron skin. Where he gives his skin the properties of being very tough, LIKE A RHINO

third ability: Roar. Where he roars, LIKE A RHINO (not that i even know if actual rhinos can roar or not)

forth ability: Rhino stomp. where he stomps the ground, LIKE A RHINO

nowhere in rhino's abilities do they even have a "earth like feel" to them. i don't know where people get the idea from.

I really want an earth type warframe that could have rocks and boulders they could throw around, and giant walls they could put up for defense, or maybe a mud type ability that could make enemies get stuck in place.