Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would This Be Too Pay2Win? (Event Zone Rentals)

Llyssa

The only problem I see with it is that a lot of the events have been group based, and it might be tricky to find a party of people who bought the event during the exact same period you have.

I don't think it's pay2win, since the only thing you're paying for is things that people have already obtained for free.

Well, no, I imagine it would be like alerts and void keys: If someone has it unlocked, they can bring people who don't have it along. And, like alerts, if the person isn't qualified for the reward(in alerts, if they've already done it, here, if they haven't unlocked it), they wouldn't get the special reward, but they would get the regular ones from it(drops and all).

like everyone has said, this would not be paid2win

hell you cant even win in this game, there is nothing to win since there is no pvp (conclaves dont count as pvp)

the group based events might be tricky if u cant find others doing it at the same time thats a good point 

Keep in mind there's always the chance of event mods returning normally.

Like the Cicero mods did with Corrupted Vor.

But I think locking them behind platinum walls without a normal way to get them (e.g. Vor) is a stinky thing to do to quite a few people who can't readily afford platinum or get enough from trading.

That's bordering on gated content. If plat wasn't available from trading and such it would be right up there on the list.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I guess I don't understand why the events can't just be part of the game that everybody can do in chronological order. Makes no sense to create good content (from a lore standpoint, and progression standpoint) and just throw it away.