Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bs That Is Rank Testing

Kalarual

The tests are @(*()$ easy, if you cant do them thats a good indication that there is something, wrong practice some more. And you don't lose anything even if you cant do it for a whole week.

My aim is fine. I just can't see them. At all. Some kind of graphic effect is turned on and it makes the room overpowering. It isn't brightness. Ever play a game and the NPC and character you play as seems to have glowing skin? Well, the room was like that. Except x1000.

Edited by Kalarual

Agreed, I never had problems either.

What you could do is lower brightness, and lower your graphics. Try Turning off display setting to such as Motion Blur, and Bloom.

Yeah, I assumed it was bloom and already turned it off.

If that is the first test you are talking about... wait until you see the obstacle courses.  Anyway, if its that bad you have your brightness put way too high.  Turn that down and then try again tomorrow(or whenever you can re take it.)

Edited by Rennagade

I do recall failing the first mastery test on account of it starting with me kneeling in a circle, and the first few enemies run at you.

From that information, I made the deduction the enemies would come to me, and I wasnt allowed to leave the tiny circle. This is of course false, but seeing as I've asked around and found its a common mistake with the first mastery test, seems like it could be clearer....

Make sure "dynamic lighting" is switched _on_. Last time I checked the mastery tests require it due to the shaders used.

MR1 test should look like this: 

If your game brighter than that something is wrong at your end, if you can't see the enemies on that video then the problem is with your eyes.

Edited by SilentMobius

Ok, I am level 30, started about a day and a half ago. I start rank one thinking it'd be easy, and I am dumped into a blinding white room I can't see S#&$ in. I literally had to squint my eyes.  I can barely see the enemies, and  they also like to hide. I end up failing due to time out on the first wave. I think, no problem, I can just try again, right? NOPE.

How is this fair? Lockouts like this is a failure in game design, and an obvious method to drag out content. I hope this gets changed soon or I may quit before I started,

I forgot.... People think they should be rewarded for failing.

Edited by Venarge

I forgot.... People think they should be rewarded for failing.

I am not asking for a reward genius, I am calling a ONE DAY LOCKOUT if I fail once in an arena I can not see ANYTHING in despite the settings tweaking I have done bad game design. When did I ask for a reward? Oh, that's right, I didn't. Go be a troll elsewhere.

If anything the mastery tests mean nothing because they are to easy. I cannot agree with the OP entirely. Esthetically he may have a point though I haven't had a brightness problem but, the room is bright glowing white. Perhaps there is room to improve the visuals.

If that practice run thing isn't put in place, I'd suggest giving players at least three tries before a lockout. Also OP, just turn down the damn gamma. As far as I can tell, it's your eyes that are being the big limiting factor here, it's not like you couldn't pause after seeing everything brighter than your comfort zone and think "whoa, gotta turn this baby down..."