Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Excalibros Radial Blind Broken Or Am I Doing Something Wrong ?

-Kyuubi-

Question

So i wanted to level my newly build Venka and thought " hey lets take my old friend Excalibur and only equip him with the Venka and try to do a t3 survival with some friends, they might not be very power full but the 4x melee damge from Radial Blind  will do the rest " so guess what ?  i got owned because i could hardly kill a thing because the melee bonus did not apply to my attacks.

So was it too OP that they nerfed it ?  Did they change the mechanic behind it ? Do Loki and Ash suffer from the same problem ? Is it a bug ?

I hope its a bug and not intended because it reduces the most power full ability in Excalibur arsenal to a mere generic  stun

sorry for grammar.

hope someone can give me an answer.

thanks for reading.

Edit: whoops mixed german and english in the title <_<

Edited by -Kyuubi-

12 answers to this question

"Changes:

13.8.1 Unlisted change: Enemies now have basic awareness on contact or sound of invisible units, and will investigate last known position of this sound/contact.  There are a number of threads bringing up issues/discussions with this that are being read and relayed, thank you for posting
"

Coming into contact with an enemy that is blind or while you are invisible, will disable the 4x stealth multiplier as you will be detected.

If I recall correctly, after bumping into an enemy and backing off for several seconds, the multiplier will be re-enabled.

This does make it more difficult to get the stealth bonus, especially with shorter melee weapons such as fist weapons and the claws.

"Changes:

13.8.1 Unlisted change: Enemies now have basic awareness on contact or sound of invisible units, and will investigate last known position of this sound/contact.  There are a number of threads bringing up issues/discussions with this that are being read and relayed, thank you for posting"

Coming into contact with an enemy that is blind or while you are invisible, will disable the 4x stealth multiplier as you will be detected.

If I recall correctly, after bumping into an enemy and backing off for several seconds, the multiplier will be re-enabled.

This does make it more difficult to get the stealth bonus, especially with shorter melee weapons such as fist weapons and the claws.

Yup.

Also, only your first attack has the x4 bonus against an enemy (logical since the guy you just hit probably realised something's wrong^^), so "stealth" has been "nerfed"(?).

I find it... dumb to start with this though. Why not start with "standard stealth"? Make it viable? In a game where we're supposed to be ninjas... Maybe because it would be a massive undertaking, considering stealth is almost non existant.

srry missed the second the second to last post

But I think that this is the start of the complete overhaul of stealth (making be stealthy really rewarding, without press 2 and everybody will die, regardless of lvl button)

Edited by Rainofgod