Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fang Primes?

Not_Oliver

They were so beast before melee 2.0, and I still love them, but I find myself hardly ever using them.

Not sure if its the stance, or the limited range, but I almost always choose D. Nikana, Orthos Prime, Dakra Prime, Dual Ichor, Amphis, Bo, Jat Kittag etc over them.

Its really sad but I have to get bored of everything else in order to remember to use them, which stinks cause they are sooooo fun and cool looking!

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

They were so beast before melee 2.0, and I still love them, but I find myself hardly ever using them.

Not sure if its the stance, or the limited range, but I almost always choose D. Nikana, Orthos Prime, Dakra Prime, Amphis etc over it.

Its really sad but I have to get bored of everything else in order to remember to use them, which stinks cause they are sooooo fun and cool looking!

yup :L 

Sorry to say, but I think the oposit, fang and fang prime are the few only worthy melee since melee 2.0

Since it heavy melee have been quite useless and unworthy.

And fangs are the few weapons that are so fast they can pull out combos with the most easiness and flowness on a fight.

As for builts, well, i stay away of everything channeling, as the channeling system still doesn't convince me of its value.

Well i have moded mine with Fury, Pressure Point, Puncture so rending strike and Sundering strike, Spoiled strike and element (forgot wish one but think its Radiation damage) and it works fin for me but as I use Duel Ichor more i havnt tryed them at lvl 50 and higher

Thing is that my Ichors hold up in early T4 survival while the Fang Primes just take too many hits. I think it either needs more raw damage or crit chance/damage... 

Fangs and the Fang Primes honestly need their speed back. Ever since Melee 2.0 Castrated the Fury mod to half its original speed + the fact that Spoiled Strike did not receive an equal rebalance to the loss of speed, Fury and Spoiled Strike, which is one of the mods needed for most builds... gives you a 'whopping' +10%. Whoop de doo.

Fury needs it speed back, or the Fangs/Fang Primes need a Speed Buff.

I'd like to see Fang/Fang Prime get:

● More Slash damage, don't see why they have so little, or none in the case of the Prime.
● Better Critical stats,1.5x/2.0x | 20/25% for the Primes would be nice, and would allow for them to use Berserker if use want to spend 2 Mod slots.

● More Status proc chance. 10-15% the normals, and 15-20% of the Primes would be a good start.

● A speed boost would be nice, it was their calling card back before Melee 2.0.

In real life, two of the things that fangs do are pierce deep into vital spots, or inflict prey with deadly toxins, so atleast decent Critical and Status chances should be a given.

Also, I think a "Dragon Fang" variant, like the Dragon Nikana would be fun. :s

Edited by Flackenstien

I really miss their speed. DE took away the reason we used fang/fang prime. People need to remember damage 2.0 cut their speed in half. :(

Also with damage 1.0 the fang prime and fang were almost side grades. It was pretty cool.