Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

If that's true, that's horrible!

If PWE starts investing, they aren't stopping.

It was fun while it lasted, DE.

It means PWE can not ever have controlling interest in this game unless the devs really screw up.

Of all the possible scenarios this is about #2-3 on the list of things that actually is GOOD for DE and the players. #1 being a flat denial.

If PWE becomes what we basically call a silent partner that's just fine with me as long as it remains that way. But you're right. If it advances further we got big problems. This needs to be kept an eye on.

If this was "already planned" then they would've had a statement ready to go if they have anyone even remotely skilled in PR.

Selling shares is different to selling the whole company dude.

why would a company invest in a game when to not have any say in whats going on in it? lol 

You don't need a majority of shares to have a controlling interest.

From what I've looked up about this stuff, outstanding shares don't offer that.

I did see that voting shares have that trait, and it's a little control per share. But that's associated with public companies. DE is a private company.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Hey I just found something from a Taiwanese forum, Bahamut.

Some say the shares PW bought will not be greater than 33.3%, and they may only have a chance to takeover if DE starts to lose so much money after 5 years.

In addtion, PW has agreed that they won't have any influence over DE's decisions.

Btw I don't really know the name of that specific type of shares PW bought in English, but they carry the characteristics stated in my seond sentence.

Therefore, we're good.

The fact that I haven't seen DE state anything against this possibility is worrisome, I've come to love this game being able to do everything on it without needing a single plat and put money into it. believing I'd be supporting such a game. I haven't seen a game like Warframe where you don't need money in order to get everything that you want. There is no bullS#&$ gachapon in which you rely on plat to get rares/end-game items or plat only weapons/mods. Simply a cash shop system which doesn't interfere with the PVE, simply there for convenience and cosmetics. I'd be rather sad to see such a great game get morphed into a typical Pay2Win game, but hey.

Profit numbs the feeling.

Edited by Riate

Judging from what I've seen so far, this was already planned. This was in their hotfix a week ago.

"Our digital certificate has been renewed and players may notice the name change from “Digital Extremes” to “Digital Extremes Ltd.”

When i see this i think  of this Copyright © 2001-2014 Jagex Ltd. Jagex is a registered trademark of Jagex Ltdwhen i think of this i get sad

PS;  If indeed this is a hostile takeover, DE should do a Crown Jewel Defense.

The crown jewels defense - Sometimes a specific aspect of a company is particularly valuable. For example, a telecommunications company might have a highly-regarded research and development (R&D) division. This division is the company's "crown jewels." It might respond to a hostile bid by selling off the R&D division to another company, or spinning it off into a separate corporation. 

So in this case, DE could spin the Warframe division off into a separate corporation.

I don't know much about business, but from what I've looked up outstanding stocks in general are not going to give a company any control.

They are the shares allocated by the company to be invested in by others. If they buy all of the stock then they will just be doing so because of the money they would make if DE does well. They did say they were looking to buy all of it. But that isn't all of the company. All that outstanding is whatever DE issued. It's probably not a large amount relative to the core of the company. It's not like DE is a public company.

Outstanding shares are the only shares that give you control in the company. Outstanding shares have voting rights, treasury shares do not. So if you own 100% of the outstanding shares, you have 100% voting rights on the company's board of directors, which has 100% control over who gets hired as executive officers. So, yes, buying all outstanding shares means buying 100% control of a company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shares_outstanding

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120122220339AA1R8lQ

The sheer lack of any damage control in this thread or on any other mean of forum activity for this game, proves that we should be afraid. Weather DE did the unthinkable and sell out the game to a company that will surely ruin it within an hour, or they are the victim of extremely unprofessional business tactics, we need to stay strong and make our voices heard. We must shift as a community from panic mode to defense mode, and control as much as we can in the spreading of information of what is really happening. We need to get the facts and share them everywhere and let others know what we as a community are fighting for. We have all spent quite a bit of time effort and money on this game, and none of us want to see it end with PWE killing it and essentially stealing our money from us. So I ask all you all to not panic, we need to get information on what is going to happen, and once we learn we need to act accordingly. DE please do not let all of us down, for we have stood with you this long. Do not let us down.

Edit: if this does happen there is no doubt that I will uninstall the game and will expect a refund of the money i have spent to help DE create content and not be used to help sell out the company to people who only want to buy the game to use it as a cash cow for a month and never think about it again.

I'm afraid I must agree with this guy wholeheartedly. 

Warframe is easily one of the best games I've seen roll off the market in recent times, and the only game I've invested this much money into. I support DE with both my money and time invested into the game, but I will not stand by to watch PWE come in and ruin WarFrame like they did Star Trek Online.

Is there any way we could get a more official statement as to what exactly is going on? I'm not sure I completely understand the OP.

P.S. I understand that DE is by no means required to give anyone any sort of refund (I'm not sure I've ever seen a game do that for any reason when it comes to digital content), but if it comes down to DE is going to lose WarFrame to PWE, I'm sure I won't be the only one asking.

I'm sorry, but this is the same exact rhetoric that Cryptic put on the forums before PWE came in to play. The same exact crap. "Old-School" gamers who have been through the SOE Star Wars Galaxies NGE event, Cryptic selling CoH, Cryptic again selling STO/CO and going from subscriptions to F2P. Funcom and AoC and TSW, even Everquest 2 and SWTOR. What getting said is nothing and thats to protect both parties interests. Its not conspiracy, its business.

What other copy/paste standard statements come later?

"This will provide us a better way to offer you customer support."

"This will provide us to continue to develop the game you all love and have put so much time and effort into."

"This is why we promise to continue to keep updating on a regular basis and nothing will change."

"We will keep the lines of communication open as we always have, you the players are the most important, without you we have no game."

You sir, sound like you just simply lack the experience I speak of perhaps or youre simply indifferent. Not your fault, but to call out others as overreacting and pankied is silly. People here are worried about the partner that DE is even considering to entertain and with good reasons. People are listing those valid reasons and letting other players know just who DE is having dinner with. Nothing wrong with that and no one has said anything false or over exaggerated when speaking about PW/PWE and its business models and games.

A 1% interest is not enough ROI for a publisher. Especially PW and its many different regional tendrils. Just because nothing has officially happened yet does not mean it will not. And by then, its done and over with so who cares; new players > veteran players. Were TIRED of getting blindsided by these kind of deals. We ALWAYS leverage the overhead costs -always; we have never seen any savings since Digital Distribution -ever.

All I know is that this time around, I'm documenting all the posts by Devs and Community moderators. Wish I did it with past games that have fallen, because those posts are either lost or have been deleted on purpose(which was the case with STO and PWE).

And not trying to sound like a badass, but I still communicate with an ex-STO developer that left Cryptic when PWE took over because "This is, I think, is the inevitable result of a business strategy that sees customers as resources to mine rather than, well, customers." All they did was request time-gated, money grab P2W development solutions. THATS who PW/PWE is.

I'd rather be labeled a tinfoil hat, overreacting lunatic that can still log into DE's Warframe than be right. I'm down with that. Flame away.

No flames from me. I was in STO for the PWE takeover i know exactly your thinking. I was running this forum name too i'm pretty sure.

why would a company invest in a game when to not have any say in whats going on in it? lol 

More moo-lah. For PW, it would be a win-win if they only invested considering they would make money and DE could use their investment to fund future development. If they took control, they would lose their customers due to greediness and actually LOSE money in the long-run.