The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now How Would You All Feel If This Game Was Acquired By Nexon Or Ea Or Kog Or Even Gameforge Or Mayhaps Gamersfirst?

SirAuron

Lol. you kidding? They'd shut down these servers at the end of this year.

I guess I'll just say sorry for not being knowledgeable enough. Or for being just forgetful about the server thing.

I mean, I didn't have any major trouble with EA games (there are a few EA games I play from time to time and, well, I can pull it off without too much hassle), but I do remember that feeling upon discovering some of the games I used to play a lot had their servers shut down (Army of Two anyone?).

Again, just blame my lack of experience on this one, I'm usually one who doesn't trust a software house right away, but on the other hand EA is a software house I don't have the means to understand the bad reputation of, unlike Perfect World, GamersFirst, or Nexon to some extent as well.

Also, what the flying hell is KOG?

Edited by Vintovka

I guess I'll just say sorry for not being knowledgeable enough. Or for being just forgetful about the server thing.

I mean, I didn't have any major trouble with EA games (there are a few EA games I play from time to time and, well, I can pull it off without too much hassle), but I do remember that feeling upon discovering some of the games I used to play a lot had their servers shut down (Army of Two anyone?).

Again, just blame my lack of experience on this one, I'm usually one who doesn't trust a software house right away, but on the other hand EA is a software house I don't have the means to understand the bad reputation of, unlike Perfect World, GamersFirst, or Nexon to some extent as well.

Also, what the flying hell is KOG?

That's cool dude. I wasn't trying to sound harsh. I just goddamn hate seeing servers die.

Heck. If you're going to do that and never touch it again. I wish they'd distribute the server files so people can host it themselves.

All that work goes to waste and players can't play the game they love anymore.

The sole reason I supported this game to begin with was the fact that DE was self-run, self-financed, and all in-house.

If I wanted to support a mega corporation, I would buy more spunk-gargle-wee-wee games like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

The more they become (and oh god I know what I sound like) mainstream, with tired copy+paste ideas and artificial drawn-out gameplay, the more they look like sgww AAA titles.

My loyalty is deep, but it stands on the edge of a knife.

That's cool dude. I wasn't trying to sound harsh. I just goddamn hate seeing servers die.

Heck. If you're going to do that and never touch it again. I wish they'd distribute the server files so people can host it themselves.

All that work goes to waste and players can't play the game they love anymore.

At this point one just has to hope it doesn't become a common trend.

(cool for me as well btw)

Nexon is not so much Pay-to-Win as Pay-to-be-Completely-Borked (based on my time with Mabinogi and - may it rest in peace - Dungeon Fighter Online). You could do everything without those ungodly items, and owning them removed any reason to play the game afterwards (e.g.: Kill boss in one hit). Nexon is far bigger on making people pay for a chance to get cosmetics, than actually winning the game. Don't ask me how this works, but they get people to pay tons for chances at outfits that will do absolutely jack S#&$ for them. That said, I haven't tried Vindictus or Dragon's Nest at all.

I could live with EA.

Nexon, PWE or GamersFirst are serious eyebrow raisers.

I couldn't live with EA or PW owning Warframe. I don't know enough about the others to judge. With EA I would rather commit suicide than to continue playing Warframe. Everything EA will want is nerf! EVERYTHING! and buff the ENEMIES! to a point where any new player comes in. They get raped and will never get any progress.

"I used to be a fan of EA like you. Till I took a nerf to the knee."

The sole reason I supported this game to begin with was the fact that DE was self-run, self-financed, and all in-house.

If I wanted to support a mega corporation, I would buy more spunk-gargle-wee-wee games like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

The more they become (and oh god I know what I sound like) mainstream, with tired copy+paste ideas and artificial drawn-out gameplay, the more they look like sgww AAA titles.

My loyalty is deep, but it stands on the edge of a knife.

I was wondering how people like you would feel.

Nexon would block all non US IPs because...

racists!

Then we'll get stuck with some EU publisher who is even worse like Gameforge, Frogster or the dreaded Infernum!

Edit: or Nexon EU but for that we'd have to wait 2 years before re-released in EU.

Id be fine with that. It would be payback to all the games that are region locked not allowing US players.

EA i could manage.

Nexon's higherups will kill the game though. The community managers aren't allowed to talk to the players about important things and you can read any employee review. they all say lack of communication between players and devs, and higherups in the wrong places.

idk who KoG is so i cant comment on that.

I would never have supported Warframe to the extent that I have if they weren't an independent company who answered to nobody but the fans. They're ability to be so devoted to the fans relies on that independence, and given their size and success it is really something special.

Them being owned by a publisher who ultimately doesnt give a S#&$ about us would throw all that away.

I still remember where there was a game called Metal Rage. Similar interface to Warframe, but just with Mechas instead.

Nexon re-acquired it from the US Company hosting it at the time, then suddenly just refused to re-release it, effectively just killing it prematurely while it was barely out of Open Beta for no reason. The only surviving form of the game lies in a Hong Kong server that hasn't been updated in years. Its just weird. =/

Id be fine with that. It would be payback to all the games that are region locked not allowing US players.

I can't name one that does that in the EU. EU don't tend to make games. That's mostly Korea, US and China that does.

Maybe Germany, but even then germany would probably IP block other countries from playing :|

LatinAmerica says Hi.

And also says screw you, self centered &#!-hat

Region locks hurt gamers all over the globe.

Edited by Ayraclus

EA would be livable for me, as they were good back in the day when i was starting gaming ( now they are just moneygrabbers ). I dont have any experience with Nexon or KOG ( whatever is that ) so i cannot say anything about them.

Only two publishers that i would approve are Valve and Bethesda/Zenimax ( they are bug/glitch brothers of DE ). I dont have anything against these two as their business models seem fine. Ubisoft would be fine till some degree, if they wont force their online S#&$.

Guest Tehnoobshow

EA would be livable for me, as they were good back in the day when i was starting gaming ( now they are just moneygrabbers ). I dont have any experience with Nexon or KOG ( whatever is that ) so i cannot say anything about them.

Only two publishers that i would approve are Valve and Bethesda/Zenimax ( they are bug/glitch brothers of DE ). I dont have anything against these two as their business models seem fine. Ubisoft would be fine till some degree, if they wont force their online S#&$.

So you would be okay with the game changing to HatFrame?

Guest Tehnoobshow

As long as people are not more powerful with these hats you speak of, i wouldnt mind.

But Swag is OP.