Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbs, What Could/should Be Changed

Dawn11715

As a veteran player which often does solo runs i know that waiting for health-orbs isnt the best way to stay alive.

They are droping in small quantitys and only heal a very small percentage of your actual health.

Sure, there are ways to live without them, like livestrike and frames with healing abilities but without them you get problems specially in long solo missions.

And as we're on it, why the hell should cloned soliders drop glowing energy bubbles?

So about the red orbs:

Best way for me would be if they were some kind of medikit, no matter what the final name will be.

they could drop from special lockers, so you finaly got a reason to search the area.

The health regen could be percentage of 50% of your total health.

Another option would be to let them drop by some kind of support ememys, like ancient healer, but for this we would need grenier and corpus  support classes which spawn in all levels.

Necros and Oberon would still cause the drop of normal orbs, cause warframes causing enemys to drop glowing orbs

orbs  would match DE-science.

About the blue orbs:

for me, it would be better to have no rng by gathering energy.

The idea of getting energy by killing enemys is great but why dont give us energy each time we kill something instead of letting us wait till one of the things we kill drops an orb?

Example: enemy A got a 20% chance of droping an 25 Energy orb, so in my system anyone standing near the one who is killing the enemy recives 5 energy.

This would focus gamplay make more on skill then on luck.

Thanks for reading

Sorry for orthographical issus

Dawn11715

Edited by Dawn11715

I think if you want to do solo runs with a frame that cannot heal, that is exactly what they made the health restore item/life strike for. 

^This. I am currently building up a surplus of cash and resources so I can build the Medium heal restores in my dojo to compensate me being a solo player.

EDIT: Same also goes for the energy, you can use items to restore that yourself.

Edited by Nalo1993

Health orbs should be 3x more effective then they are now...

Also Solo needs to be buffed... Make RNG less in it, make rare items drop 20% more... DO SOMETHING TO ENCOURAGE SOLO! :o

I don't think nerfing enemies is a good solution, i think just better rewards would be better solution. 

(Defense solo is hard as S#&$. X-x)

^This. I am currently building up a surplus of cash and resources so I can build the Medium heal restores in my dojo to compensate me being a solo player.

get lifestrike instead bro, its much better

Edited by Dawn11715

get lifestrike instead bro, its much better

I prefer not having to get close to an enemy and channel when my health is extremely low. Plus I keep life strike unranked because of efficiency reasons. That and I need something to do while I wait for new updates lol.

I would support this. Lore wise the "health orbs" and "energy orbs" aren't very sound and could very easily be replaced with more tangible items that would act the same way. Additionally, I think health orbs should offer more powerful heals but have it be a gradual effect (ie. 150 health over 10 seconds), and yes as the original post said, have health drops be more consistent/predictable (like from healing units or designated lockers).

+1

My only gripe with Orbs is how they work with Equilibrium:

If you have full Energy but still lost some Health it won't pick up Energy Orbs to heal you, and vice-versa. This limits the usefulness of the mod IMO.

Edited by Brimir

I think if enemies occasionally dropped health orbs, and health orbs had a percentile factor added to how much health they heal (say 25 + 15% your max health) it would make healing without the use of Trinity, Medkits, Nekros, etc. feel more plausible without outright overshadowing them.

I'm not sure how one would go about reworking energy orb drops, but it's evident that something should be done, as in it's current state having energy economy rely entirely on RNG either makes or breaks the game depending on how lucky you get with energy orb drops (and Mag Leaders are not a proper solution to this issue). I'm sure a ton of brilliant energy system overhauls have been proposed, DE just has to pick one and implement it.

Finally, it would be nice if Affinity orbs scaled based on the difficulty of the mission you're playing, it's a small thing but earning more than 100 xp on a level 40 mission would make the time wasted to open the crates feel more worthwhile.

Health and Energy orbs can be turned into a medic pack and energy into power cells, or energy banks. Perhaps make some stuff you are able to interact with that charges you, like how touching the death orb with a prime gives up energy, but a reactor would fully charge you.

My only gripe with Orbs is how they work with Equilibrium:

If you have full Energy but still lost some Health it won't pick up Energy Orbs to heal you, and vice-versa. This limits the usefulness of the mod IMO.

Easy fix: Cast any ability... literally any ability.

Source: I use Equilibrium a lot, it's one of my favorite mods.

What about we have machines ala Star Wars: Republic Commando bacta dispensers installed on the ships and outposts (spawn chance would be enough to make them a viable option)? Then, enemies and the players can both use them when their health is low (enemies will use them when health < 50%), with a 0.75s animation of interacting with the machine to gain back 25% of maximum health?

The machines will be a one-time use (individual for each machine, meaning if there are 5 machines in a map, the enemies/players can restore health at a maximum of 5 times) for all enemies and players, meaning if an enemy uses it, said enemy cannot use it again (but other enemies and players who have not used it yet can still use it). 

Use normal and medium Hp restore devices?

Also there is a blue print that creates instant full help packs that you have to get by farming mats on earth. It is not that important but its nice that these items are actually obtained from a non-normal method.