Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Feel About Grappling/impaling Being Added To Melee?

Lqn8r

I'm wondering if anyone would like it if we could grapple or impale enemies in melee. This was an idea I had before but has increased now that we have malicious raptor since one of the combos (Venging thrash), is a single target combo that would be better performed if one could actually grab the enemy and then pummel them. So my idea is that in some combos, you would be able to grab a target and pummel them like venging thrash or you would impale an enemy and begin smashing them into enemies or into the ground for crowd control. I personally think being able to impale an enemy on an orthos and then swinging them around would be satisfying. This would also help with dealing with heavy enemies or work well in crowd control. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Hey speaking of grabbing the enemy and then pummel them... This is going to be Hysteria Combos, Soon.

o3N7Ouj.gif

And about Grappling, How about a Melee Weapon with similar properties of Valkyr's Ripline. A Grappling Hook. *Scorpion Feelings*

Edited by RexSol

Grappling? Valkyr

Hey speaking of grabbing the enemy and then pummel them... This is going to be Hysteria Combos, Soon.

o3N7Ouj.gif

And about Grappling, How about a Melee Weapon with similar properties of Valkyr's Ripline.  *Scorpion Feelings*

Totally did not know that. But what I was thinking was something applied to all weapons and more of a grab where you pummel the enemy with a flurry of hits rather than one punch to the face. It does look nice though and I'm excited to be able to do that.

Edit: Is this a real combo or just some parry because I'm talking about combos rather than a parry.

Edited by Lqn8r

Totally did not know that. But what I was thinking was something applied to all weapons and more of a grab where you pummel the enemy with a flurry of hits rather than one punch to the face. It does look nice though and I'm excited to be able to do that.

Edit: Is this a real combo or just some parry because I'm talking about combos rather than a parry.

According to this topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/252171-devstream-31-overview-part-1-player-ships-ui-valkyr-and-more/

This is actually a Finisher. But as far as i know, there are some Combos that opens the target for Finishers. I guess the new Hysteria Combos will be something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly! You use another melee button and when you hold it, you grab the average enemy you're facing, then you can choose to throw him to other opponents,do a strong hit or hold to use him as a shield,etc...That is future. :)

I'm wondering if anyone would like it if we could grapple or impale enemies in melee. This was an idea I had before but has increased now that we have malicious raptor since one of the combos (Venging thrash), is a single target combo that would be better performed if one could actually grab the enemy and then pummel them. So my idea is that in some combos, you would be able to grab a target and pummel them like venging thrash or you would impale an enemy and begin smashing them into enemies or into the ground for crowd control. I personally think being able to impale an enemy on an orthos and then swinging them around would be satisfying. This would also help with dealing with heavy enemies or work well in crowd control. What are your thoughts on the matter?

That would be awesome grappling added to the melee system.

I would love this but in order to make it right a LOT of changes would have to be made to both melee and guns.  The one thing would be that almost ALL guns would have to get pretty decent nerfs, just so melee would be useful.  And then since all the powerful guns are nerfed the enemies are gonna have to be reworked as well to make them challenging but still make it possible to last for an hour in T4 with your now nerfed guns.

Then melee would have to be buffed and perhaps extra defenses added to melee mode, and all kinds of pain in the &#! stuff to make this right.

Though with that being said my pipe dream is for Warframe to one day have awesome melee combat with grabs, impalements, finishers, and other awesome moves like in Ninja Gaiden.

Not enough buttons on PS4

I didn't know that since I play PC obviously. If there aren't any empty buttons leftover, then just make it a button combination or something like that if this gets implemented.

This game is too face paced for extended grappling with enemies. Impaling would be cool. It could be one of those single hit combos on stances. Maybe like a charge that has a great stun mechanic but isn't too powerful and requires you to lead into a combo.

Doesn't throwing enemies off the map instant kill them?

Imagine someone saying "Too OP!"

XD

I would love to have combos that vary depending on location.  In some games such as Fable and Assassins Creed your character will do different attacks based on the area, such as your Fable hero may kick a bad guy off a cliff instead of just hitting him, or Connor or Edward may jump off a nearby wall to come back and finish off an enemy with a pretty cool looking finisher.

There are lots of environmental hazards on these levels from cliffs, to lava, to harmful water, to rotating fans, and many others.  It would be cool if you're meleeing bad guys that every now and then you may push, kick, or knock one into the hazards.

I feel this would be a very.... Gripping mechanic.

r1qbct.gif

Oooooooh!

Wombo combo!! (+1)

Anyway : Grab& toss,throws...All of my yes! That would completely set Warframe to another level. Not just a "ME3 with powers & space ninjas duuude".

streetf4_ken_kara.gif