The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tekan 2.0 [Extendable Long Sword] [Contains Art, Gifs, Renders, And Swords!]

blazingcobalt

This is the kind of vibe I'm getting from this suggestion:

ihGkeEtXYDqDg.gif

Oooh yes. I love RWBY. Blake is pretty cool but, Yang is my favorite.

So last I saw this, it looked like a dumb idea with no purpose.

Now that you have those new models out, I couldn't give a damn about it's purpose. This looks awesome!

At first I was like, ;___; then it turned into :D

Edited by blazingcobalt

-Information & Mechanics-

Tekan utilizes a Warframe's power to change it's blade length and lethality. Once a Tenno grabs a hold of the hilt, the sword glows their energy color and comes to life. The more energy pumped into the sword by how many hands placed on the sword decide which form it assumes. If the wielder chooses two hands, the blade doubles in length offering speed and reach. On the chance they only use one hand, the sword becomes slower and much more powerful.

this makes no sense

should be 2H= power, slower, and reach

1H= speed

Ahah, so that's what they're called.

I totally get what you're saying. I named the stances though on which form the blade is in. The blade out be the Blooming Lotus one.

Although I want to fix this, just not sure how to really keep the theme of the names and then have it reflect upon what you said.

You can honestly keep the names the same, just change the description.  Like Blooming Lotus, for a flower to bloom it takes awhile.  The plant has to mature and endure to reach its full potential.  So the aptly named stance is about slow, methodical strikes that are aimed at severely damaging the opponent.  And Withering Lotus, soon after a flower blooms, its beauty fades rapidly.  This stance is focused on quick harrying strikes, made to wear down the opponent swiftly and keep them off balance.  Or something along those lines.

You can honestly keep the names the same, just change the description.  Like Blooming Lotus, for a flower to bloom it takes awhile.  The plant has to mature and endure to reach its full potential.  So the aptly named stance is about slow, methodical strikes that are aimed at severely damaging the opponent.  And Withering Lotus, soon after a flower blooms, its beauty fades rapidly.  This stance is focused on quick harrying strikes, made to wear down the opponent swiftly and keep them off balance.  Or something along those lines.

I like this, I'll change up the names on the OP.

This is a really cool and unique concept. At first I was a little hesitant on adding two new stances for it, but when you explained the chain-blade bit I was definitely sold.

Huzzah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Love the concept.

When I first read through it, I thought that the not-extended form was its sheath, and was the form it took on your back/hip while unequipped, and extended after you equipped it. Now that I look at it more, I believe you intended it to be a variable length-changing blade depending on energy input and hands used to hold it. 

The handle seems a little bit long to use with one hand... Currently, the length of the hilt would be two hands; I think a hand and a half would be sufficient length. Not too long for one-handed use, and not too short for two-handed use. 

And just to get an idea of its length, would the sheathed form be about the length of a short Skana (see the Dual Skanas) and the extended form be about the length of a normal Skana/Nikana/Dakra? Or would that be its normal length and then extend to be the length of let's say a Galatine or slightly shorter?

And just to get an idea of its length, would the sheathed form be about the length of a short Skana (see the Dual Skanas) and the extended form be about the length of a normal Skana/Nikana/Dakra? Or would that be its normal length and then extend to be the length of let's say a Galatine or slightly shorter?

mrLZ1Ch.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would be willing to give this another shot, I mean we have a sword and shield that collapse and change the animations on that are far more complicated than this. However this concept is far more fitting in the realm of the tenno.

Edited by xelectrowolfx