Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Reinforcements! The Velocita Railgun!

Bipp

Hello, Tenno!

I come to you with another great idea! While thinking about the many wicked weapons this game offers, I thought about what new weapons could be added.

"And now, let me show you... the future! (Zanuka! Kill!)" ~Alad V

Introducing... the Velocita Railgun!

The Velocita Railgun is a high-power rifle capable of multiplying it's damage when fired through multiple enemies!

*Mastery locked at... say 5 or something?

Main Stats

80.0 Impact

80.0 Puncture

50.0 Accuracy

1.0 Fire rate

2.0x|5% Critical

20% Status Chance

1 Magazine

1.0 Reload

Charge Trigger

Misc. Stats

-Rifle Class weapon but uses Sniper ammo. Like the Miter.

-Non-hitscan

Advantages

-High Impact and Puncture damage. Perfect for Grineer and Corpus.

-Near hitscan projectile speed

-Can hit multiple enemies in a line while multiplying it's damage

-Punch through increases with charge

Disadvantages

-No slash damage

-Slow charge rate

-Constant reloading can be troublesome

(I'll think of more)

What I have done with the Velocita Railgun is create a potent alternative to many weapons we have ingame, a weapon that does not include an OP crit rate or damage but still maintains good use for general play and doesn't become boring or a pain to level. Something that is good no matter what.

The Velocita will make great use of the AI's rushing and grouping together to multiply it's damage and wipe out crowds. 

It seems to me that we have OP weapons and then rubbish weapons that really aren't worth it at all.  It's time we got some real useful weapons, damage dealers or not. A good example of this would be the Tysis pistol. While not a damage dealer, it is one the few true support weapons in this game, perfect for softening up tougher armoured targets with it's 100% status chance and innate Corrosive damage. But enough about that...

It functions similarly to the Bow weapons and perhaps the Lanka in the sense that they are all charge weapons and share a similar concept, but will feel a lot different. It'll feel more powerful and satisfying than the weapons mentioned before. Not to mention it's unique Damage Multiplication ability.

The Velocita's unique damage multiplication feature

When fully charged, the Velocita will be able to punch through 2(?) metres. Punching through an enemy will add 10%(?) of 2 metres to the remaining punch through and multiply the damage done to the next target by 50% (so the next target will take 1.5x damage). This unique feature allows great damage potential while still keeping it under control.

Managed to make some concept art and a picture to explain how it works. Now if only I knew how to get pictures onto this...

Let's see if we can't get some more interesting (and flipping useful *looks at Venka*) weapons into this already great game!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Keybopsef

it doesn't make sense to gain momentum from hitting things that's not how railguns work at all. I don't actually hate that idea though im thinking it would have to have a different explanation. otherwise its just a puncture lanka to me.

it doesn't make sense to gain momentum from hitting things that's not how railguns work at all. I don't actually hate that idea though im thinking it would have to have a different explanation. otherwise its just a puncture lanka to me.

Velocita uses an experimental round reverse engineered from Orokin void traversal tech, which absorbs the kinetic energy on impact, and converts a portion of its mass into energy, propelling itself through the target until the projectile loses all mass.

Boom. Explanation.

Edited by dragonboss

The damage may be lowered because its a bit high and then its hits one it will increase maybe a little too much. This also reminds me of the chemrail from Elysium but anyway i like your concept

Thanks for your feedback! I understand what you mean and that with traditional technology, it wouldn't really be possible. But this is a futuristic game so, Space-ninja-tech--

Velocita uses an experimental round reverse engineered from Orokin void traversal tech, which absorbs the kinetic energy on impact while, and converts a portion of its mass into energy, propelling itself through the target until the projectile loses all mass.

Boom. Explaination.

--But this would sum it up perfectly. Thanks for the great explanation, dragonboss. Orokin technology never ceases to amaze, huh? :D

...The concept of the weapon is good, but Lanka was spelled incorrectly..

I must have gotten the wrong Lanka, mine isn't a charge-trigger rifle with projectiles that go through targets and deal increasing damage to each one

I want my money back >:I

The damage may be lowered because its a bit high and then its hits one it will increase maybe a little too much. This also reminds me of the chemrail from Elysium but anyway i like your concept

chemrail is a fullauto weapon and should be in this game I posted a suggestion to this link HERE

also killing an enemy with a bow also kills every other enemy behind it regardless of health etc, only does not work on bosses, but bosses are usually alone or not easy to line up multiple enemies anyway so this gun wont have any advantage.

I tested this on a freeze bridge in the void. I had dread with max damage at around 800. killed a corpus shotgunner with a headshot and took out 2 heavygunners and an ancient on t2 survivel t2 survi

Edited by (PS4)Failbotronic

chemrail is a fullauto weapon and should be in this game I posted a suggestion to this link HERE

also killing an enemy with a bow also kills every other enemy behind it regardless of health etc, only does not work on bosses, but bosses are usually alone or not easy to line up multiple enemies anyway so this gun wont have any advantage.

I tested this on a freeze bridge in the void. I had dread with max damage at around 800. killed a corpus shotgunner with a headshot and took out 2 heavygunners and an ancient on t2 survivel t2 survi

Interesting gun and idea. But what I'm trying to do is create New weapons and more Interesting weapons. Not copy them straight out of a movie or game or something. Besides, what I'm trying to do with this gun is innovate and create awesome new ideas that can and will be useful depending on the situation. Also, how is this not a cool and fun idea? It'd be a fun alternative to Boring OP bows that simply one shot everything. Where's the fun in that?

Perhaps. But what about Bows? In my mind, this gun is a fun and good alternative that'd keep gameplay fun and not turn it stale with boring OP weapons.

Also, can we have it so that it slows you down greatly and it is held downward, different from how all of our weapons are held? So if you stand still you are a strong turret but on the move this weapon is bad, however switching it to pistol should fix 80% of movement slow. Overall it should slow you down by 60%?

And it should have a charge meter with intervals so at each interval the punch through increases as does the bullet spread.

Should be around 5 intervals each bringing more punch through, bullet spread only starting from interval 2 and from 3 onward firing rate also increases. The magazine should have 150 rounds with 300 extra rounds for reloading. Should use rifle rounds and beginning fire rate should be 0.8?

I don't know that's just what I think it should be like to be a unique weapon. Maybe also hidden behind mastery rank 9 instead? Given its strength when modded, not to talk about a few formas slapped on it.

Also, can we have it so that it slows you down greatly and it is held downward, different from how all of our weapons are held? So if you stand still you are a strong turret but on the move this weapon is bad, however switching it to pistol should fix 80% of movement slow. Overall it should slow you down by 60%?

And it should have a charge meter with intervals so at each interval the punch through increases as does the bullet spread.

Should be around 5 intervals each bringing more punch through, bullet spread only starting from interval 2 and from 3 onward firing rate also increases. The magazine should have 150 rounds with 300 extra rounds for reloading. Should use rifle rounds and beginning fire rate should be 0.8?

I don't know that's just what I think it should be like to be a unique weapon. Maybe also hidden behind mastery rank 9 instead? Given its strength when modded, not to talk about a few formas slapped on it.

The Charge Intervals. That's a really good idea and would help give a rough indication of the power behind each shot.

When you say it slows you down, do you mean holding it charged slows you down? Because I have an interesting idea that when fully charged, you get pushed back a little. Just because of the sheer power being released when firing. And what about it being Held downward?

The Charge Intervals. That's a really good idea and would help give a rough indication of the power behind each shot.

When you say it slows you down, do you mean holding it charged slows you down? Because I have an interesting idea that when fully charged, you get pushed back a little. Just because of the sheer power being released when firing. And what about it being Held downward?

Didn't specifically think of it like that but TF2 style, when you are firing you are 80% slowed down, when you aren't it's around 50-60% slow down and if it's unequipped only 5-10% slow down.

The push back feature seems out of place to be honest, it would just end up being annoying if you keep falling off platforms or out of a safe area (like the Ice Globe).

I think that the boltor weapons, because of their design, are technically rail weapons. 

No, not really. I think of the Boltor weapons more like... Overpowered Nailguns.

A Railgun fires projectiles by accelerating them with magnetic energy to tremendous speeds.

Didn't specifically think of it like that but TF2 style, when you are firing you are 80% slowed down, when you aren't it's around 50-60% slow down and if it's unequipped only 5-10% slow down.

The push back feature seems out of place to be honest, it would just end up being annoying if you keep falling off platforms or out of a safe area (like the Ice Globe).

So what you're saying is, using the gun slows you a lot, not using the gun but having it out slows you down too, and having it holstered slows you down? I really don't know about that. Why not do the same with all other big guns or OP guns? Like the Ogris, Paris Prime, Dread etc...

Plus, it's a semi-automatic.

No, not really. I think of the Boltor weapons more like... Overpowered Nailguns.

A Railgun fires projectiles by accelerating them with magnetic energy to tremendous speeds.

I know how a Rail gun works. Yes the boltor is an overpowered nail gun, but the ribbing seems reminiscent of magnetic coiling like in a rail gun

So what you're saying is, using the gun slows you a lot, not using the gun but having it out slows you down too, and having it holstered slows you down? I really don't know about that. Why not do the same with all other big guns or OP guns? Like the Ogris, Paris Prime, Dread etc...

Plus, it's a semi-automatic.

The other guns are guns aren't really that big. When I say railgun I am thinking TF2 size stuff, something meaty something that you will enjoy using but of course needs it downsides as it can already have extreme damage output.

I know how a Rail gun works. Yes the boltor is an overpowered nail gun, but the ribbing seems reminiscent of magnetic coiling like in a rail gun

That's more like a Coil Gun.

The other guns are guns aren't really that big. When I say railgun I am thinking TF2 size stuff, something meaty something that you will enjoy using but of course needs it downsides as it can already have extreme damage output.

I wouldn't say that it has extreme damage output. It certainly has great damage potential with it's unique ability, but it's nothing insane like the Paris Prime or Dread.

The main downside would be it's slow(ish) charging time and constant reloading. The fact that it uses Sniper Ammo could also be one aswell.