Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Melee Weapon Do You Want To See?

Aciaj613

This game lacks a significant amount of lance/polearm type weaponry.

I don't consider the Bo and Orthos polearms, way too small imo.

I'm guessing they would never implement Halberds or Lances though honestly. Way too big and unorthodox to animate.

This game lacks a significant amount of lance/polearm type weaponry.

I don't consider the Bo and Orthos polearms, way too small imo.

I'm guessing they would never implement Halberds or Lances though honestly. Way too big and unorthodox to animate.

Well, I think they plan on widening weapon options in all aspects, though I think some weapons need to probably be re-visited.

Orthos is a bit more intimidating than the Prime version in terms of a polearm.

I don't think bo is trying to represent a polearm in any matter though, its similar to a monks combat staff.

Edited by Aciaj613

I would love to see these shotgun fighting gloves. Saw them in an anime but have no idea what it was called.

Basically this girl was beating up people with these metal gloves and every time she punched a pellet shell would go off, soo coool :D

i believe they are classified as "shot gauntlets" 

A gunblade.

More of a blade with gun finishers and less of an actual gun, mind you.

Ah, the option if you need range at the perfect time.

A perfect example would be wh-

"THOSE GOD DAMN MUTHE FU#@ING OSPREYS THAT YOU CAN'T HIT WITH YOUR MELEE WEAPON BE CAUSE AIR COMBOS IS NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!"

613... take a nap you seem to be really really agitated today...

"How about no AND LET ME EXPRESS MY OPINION"

Ok... Ok.. I'll be silent now...

Hidden Blades

or

Hook and Chain

Ash actually has hidden blades (Not that those count and you probably already knew that...)

But a neat idea for the hook and chain is to be able to travel through the environment by hooking it onto a ledge or a rail-guard.

Edited by Aciaj613

Sadly, weapons that use chains like a Flail are hard to animate/implement in this game. Pretty sure I read/heard that somewhere.

A triple headed Flail would be amazing for Impact and Slash.

Hmm if they are able to animate whips I would imagine them being able to animate flails.. Shouldn't be too different even though it is.

I know jack about animating though so don't take my word on it.

Javelins? More likely to be a secondary like the Kunai and Haikou. I would love to see a spear, we need more polearms, but yes to a shield and spear combo.

But I have a neat idea for your Javelin as a melee weapon.

A: Use it as a spear and then have atleast 5 extra spares for when you chuck one, you are able to retrieve or refill it's ammo by picking up a sniper ammo box. (Calls it special ammo.)

B: Chuck it and go into a radius to grab it back. If you leave the room it will automatically teleport back to you.