Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Cheated Out Of Dark Sector Rewards

TheDoctor33

Don't you just hate it when you go into a dark sector "mobile defense", expect a reward of 60,000, but the host changes the reward mid mission and you are cheated out of 60,000 credits. It should be where the reward that is set when you enter the dark sector conflict mission, that is what you get when you complete the mission. You could compare it to when alerts have very little time left; when the time runs out you aren't just kicked out of the mission, as long as you finish the mission you get the rewards promised. That's how the reward system should work for dark sector conflicts, when you enter the mission you get the reward stated when you begin, no more no less. Please fix this problem of clans cheating players out of credits that they promised if players supported them.

I've considered this before, but then clans could pay 100,000 credits with a storage of 200,00 and get thousands of tenno to join, raid the opposing rail, and then pay them with money that doesn't exist. Screwing over the market.

Edit: They have the storage listed so you need to make an educated guess whether they will still have credits when you finish, they can run out, but not modify the pay

Edited by cam-o-flage20

They can't change the payout before the reserve is empty, that's why you occasionally see clans/alliances fat-finger the battlepay and be helpless for the remainder of the conflict. They can however run out before you finish which can be prevented if you play them right.

As for the system in general though, I don't like it.

What I would like to see is a system where they're restricted to posting battlepay once every 15 minutes, but once the 15 minutes are up it's available to be changed regardless of how much is left in reserve. That way if clans are putting up high battlepays with low reserves in order to purposely bait people into running for them then they would be punished instead of rewarded. It would give more incentive to put up amounts to ensure everyone running the rails for those 15 minutes will still get paid, instead of rewarding the clans that are screwing people over.

It would result in lower battlepays per run, but at least you'll be paid consistently.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

No, I'm talking about the clans with 10 million credits and 60,000 credits was just and example. I don't care what the reward was but if they change the reward to 0 it makes me pretty angry that I got nothing for doing that mission. The clans with 500,000 in their vaults I guess I wouldn't get anything from doing that mission; it's plain obvious in that circumstance.

No, I'm talking about the clans with 10 million credits and 60,000 credits was just and example. I don't care what the reward was but if they change the reward to 0 it makes me pretty angry that I got nothing for doing that mission. The clans with 500,000 in their vaults I guess I wouldn't get anything from doing that mission; it's plain obvious in that circumstance.

I have never seen a clan offering more than 1 million credits in total. Most likely the clan for which you were doing the mission for ran out of money.

They can't change the battlepay until the reserve is empty. If you're getting paybaited into running rails with high payout and low reserve that's your own fault.

clans can't "bait and switch" in mid-run.

they cannot change the reward until the reserve is exhausted.

what you're seeing is the large number of players that usually hit the DS conflicts when the battle pay is reasonable.

clans will offer up 60k per run with a reserve of like 6,000,000 credits. (that's 100 players -or- ~25 full team runs)

this is known as pay-baiting. and considering how long its been going on and how little DE has done to alter it, it's apparently how it's meant to be done.

this is why i generally skip dark sector conflicts completely and don't give a rat's @$$ who owns what, except to skip any clan with a resource tax at all and any credit tax above 40%.

and only then when i'm running for resources i need.

the system sucks entirely.

Edited by xethier

The example you used was fundamentally flawed from the start. The host of the match has no control over the rewards, and the clan/alliance who does set the rewards cannot remove it. Once the reward is set, it's set for good. They cannot change it to 0 on a whim. The only way for it to go to 0 is if the clan or alliance runs out of funds with which to pay the reward.

No one is cheating you out of anything. Dark Sector rewards have always been first come first served until the banks run dry. The higher the battlepay is, the faster said bank will run out.

what you're seeing is the large number of players that usually hit the DS conflicts when the battle pay is reasonable.

clans will offer up 60k per run with a reserve of like 6,000,000 credits. (that's 100 players -or- ~25 full team runs)

this is known as pay-baiting. and considering how long its been going on and how little DE has done to alter it, it's apparently how it's meant to be done.

this is why i generally skip dark sector conflicts completely and don't give a rat's @$$ who owns what, except to skip any clan with a resource tax at all and any credit tax above 40%.

I think the main reason it hasn't been addressed is simply because the Dark sector conflicts are in the process of being completely reworked. It would be a waste of man hours to fix a problem that may very likely not even be relevant in a few months.

Sorry for the confusion, I was told that clans could change there battle pay mid mission now I know how the battle pay works I can watch for "bad deals" if that's what you'd call them. Anyways thank you for giving me the correct information.

A crying shame that they released such a broken gamemode and took so long to fix it. We'll see what they have planned for them but chances are I still won't care about them, since putting control into the hands of the players usually ends in disaster one way or another.

Considering PvP is fundamentally broken in Warframe I seriously doubt the PvP gamemode will do anything good for the game. I'm expecting blanket nerfs and changes across the board at some point. Not all of them welcome or wanted for PvE, Warframe's main draw.

A crying shame that they released such a broken gamemode and took so long to fix it. We'll see what they have planned for them but chances are I still won't care about them, since putting control into the hands of the players usually ends in disaster one way or another.

Considering PvP is fundamentally broken in Warframe I seriously doubt the PvP gamemode will do anything good for the game. I'm expecting blanket nerfs and changes across the board at some point. Not all of them welcome or wanted for PvE, Warframe's main draw.

If dark sector PvE is bad - I don't even want to imagine how PvP would be which this game was never designed for to begin with.

Between PvE and PvP certain mods already have separate stats and certain abilities have different effects against Tenno specifically. The game is already being balanced separately for both sides and yet I'm still here explaining this three or four times per pvp thread.

The only thing that's currently "broken" in pvp is a select few abilities/weapons/mod combinations.

I feel like if people actually tried playing some conclaves instead of  rage-quitting the first time they die they would actually know this.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Why would you consider 100 runs baiting? Baiting is high credits with a low run/reserve.

Why would you consider 100 runs baiting? Baiting is high credits with a low run/reserve.

read that again, it's 25 runs / 100 people.

and that's pretty standard. consider that most of these last less than half the time of an alert and tell me that isn't baiting?

The clan most likely ran out of money during the mission. You can expect a lot of players completing a mission with 60k credits as a reward.

I'm pretty sure it's this.

Although so we get paid for missions we need to drive Clans into debt and restrict their access to areas of their Dojo until their credit debt is paid. So when your clan owes other Tennos all you can do in it is get to a special bank area to deposit funds - a Tenno ATM if you will...

Just so they don't just disband their Clan and declare bankruptcy, we should distribute the debt evenly amongst the Clan members so that the debt lives on with them until it's paid. So any funds they collect doing their own missions would be put in a escrow to be paid to the owed Tennos. Worse case, we liquidate their Dojo and acquire the resources from the fire sale.

Edited by (PS4)SUZOOKUS_MAXIMUS

Don't you just hate it when you go into a dark sector "mobile defense", expect a reward of 60,000, but the host changes the reward mid mission and you are cheated out of 60,000 credits.

How are people STILL not understanding now the system works.

You can't change the reward mid mission. If you didn't get anything then the money designated for the rewards ran out.

You can actually SEE how much money there is left in the pool in the UI now. There's no reason not to know this at this point.

How are people STILL not understanding now the system works.

You can't change the reward mid mission. If you didn't get anything then the money designated for the rewards ran out.

You can actually SEE how much money there is left in the pool in the UI now. There's no reason not to know this at this point.

how do people STILL not understand how absolutely ABSURD the system is currently?!

how do people STILL advocate that it's the players fault because this broken-@$$ system all but demands that clans take advantage of pay baiting?!

hyperbole aside... the system blows syphilitic donkey wang (my opinion). yelling at people for being frustrated by it helps nobody.

Edited by xethier

Dark Sector PVP= how many suckers can I get to defend my nodes for me THIS time?

But when you are a slave to a reward system I guess you can't see the sham for what it is

Those of us who play the game as intended don't suffer from these petty issues; the wannabe mercs who've watched too many movies are the only ppl ever complaining about this

/back to watching the trained monkeys dance for loose change