Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Sniper Rifle?

Kestral9999

Question

Just curious, I've got a massive arsenal of weapons and only one Sniper Rifle (Vulkar) which I just recently crafted. Now, I don't want to waste my forma on it if there is a better sniper out there. So, if you all could give me a bit of insight as to which is the best sniper available it would be much appreciated.

Oh, and it does actually have to be a full scope sniper, bows and single shot rifles don't count.

20 answers to this question

Well you don't have many options. Vulkar, Lanka, Vectis, and Snipetron are the only snipers I know of, and Snipetron is unobtainable at this time.

Vectis is my personal best, if I had to use a sniper. Lever action makes it 1 shot per clip, which makes Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber very effective on it. Add reload speeds and its a piece of cake.

I cannot stand Lanka for the life of me, because it requires a charge-up before firing. Sure, its like a second and a half, but it makes the difference.

I haven't used Vulkar, so I can't give input on that.

Vectis is the best sniper rifle at the moment. However, snipers in general are fairly bad at the moment. In a game where dozens of enemies zerg rush you, being able to take out a single target with one shot at a time isn't as useful as it could be.

Hmm, I've never even heard of the Snipetron (keep in mind I play primarily on PS4, I just use this account for forums at this point)

Vectis was the one I was going for next, I've been dabbling in snipers only recently since they really aren't all that pragmatic in this fast paced game. Still, I need a good sniper for Zephyr whom I often use to fly up to perfect sniper's nests. Vectis shall be my next venture (especially since it doesn't require research.) Thanks a bunch guys.

Vectis is good, High single target damage with decent crit. Really good if you get proficient at timing the reload to skip the recoil animation; You can nearly double your fire-rate with just the reload mod on.

Lanka is also good, kind of a cross between a sniper and a bow, has one of the highest base damages in the game, decent crit and status, and innate 5 meter punch-through, but difficult to aim the shots from distance and the long charge time makes it almost unusable without a speed trigger.

I have 5-6 forma in both, I tend to use my Lanka more though.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Lanka has it's strenght in the 5m punch through and high proc chance. Most people use this weapon the same way they build every other gun though. MAX DAMAGE BLERGH!!!! Personally though I've found out that with Gas and Electric elementals on it it's a damn beast. Line up shots and you will tear through hordes of mods while proc'ing the nearby enemies in massive amounts.

Now you could switch to the new fire/proc mod and put more crit chance on it. I just haven't formad it enough yet or used it in a while.

this: http://goo.gl/Jsn8kv

IhB7iMB.png

Single target Vectis does more damage and is hit scan, but otherwise Lanka is the better one imo.

Edited by Lactamid

Vectis, if only because the pacing between shots is good and if you have Charged/Primed Chamber, all your shots ARE a first shot so it always takes effect.

Add punch-through and critical chance/damage mods, aim for the weak points and watch even bosses (save Lephantis) get a large chunk of their health disappear.

I rarely snipe but when I do, I always go for the bolt-action option.

Lanka has it's strenght in the 5m punch through and high proc chance. Most people use this weapon the same way they build every other gun though. MAX DAMAGE BLERGH!!!! Personally though I've found out that with Gas and Electric elementals on it it's a damn beast. Line up shots and you will tear through hordes of mods while proc'ing the nearby enemies in massive amounts.

Single target Vectis does more damage and is hit scan, but otherwise Lanka is the better one imo.

I hate to sound like one of the horde but hit scan and damage are what I'm going after lol, it is a sniper rifle after all. My goal is to have every weapon worth having in the game so I likely will end up crafting lanka later on (I've already got the BP and most of the resources anyway)

Well... Dread while not a Sniper Rifle performs the same role as a sniper rifle and performs it better/more consistently...

High single target damage: Check

Capability to deal with multiples in some manner: Check

Projectile with an arc to simulate bullet drop and travel time: Check

Consistent damage: Check

As far as actual sniper rifles go:

Lanka is best for feeling like a sniper rifle, with its scope that zooms in, the charge making it more necessary to be precise, the projectile simulates bullet travel time and it can deal high damage. It's alright for dealing with multiples too with it's 5m punch through and possibility for Electric proc (Also Gas if you mod for it)

Vectis is best for being more viable - The faster attack rate with it's okay damage makes it a pretty average weapon. Though it's not fantastic for taking out multiples and it pretty poor for sniping (No zoom on scope combined with a fairly poor accuracy - It has lower accuracy than the Soma and Latron Prime...)