Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, It's A Nice Gesture But One Question On The Vault..

Destinus

So I have just one question: why?

The original thoughts on removing these weapons from the game were that they were subpar and the market was getting overloaded and needed to be cleaned up. Then why ever bring them back? Was it a mistake to get rid of them? Is this just a way to recycle content and re-brand it? Its not to be taken as a criticism, I just really don't get it at all. Why remove that which you are going to bring back?

If possible, I'd like to here DE's answer, possibly in this week's stream. Other players, you're welcome to comment as well.

There is also a growing school of players inquiring about 'why vault' in the first place. One reason is there are times (like today) when dev has every resource on fixing bugs and polishing changes and content for major updates, and Vault Weapons are an opportunity to release content server side - for free, and for all. Refreshing the In-game Market ever so often keeps the amount of Warframe weapons desirable and less intimidating for new players. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

To make not so knowledgeable people think it's an amazing awesome weapon that is super special, but uh oh they don't have the weapon slots :( guess I better buy some platinum, okay there we go now lets try out this super cool exclusive weapon, wait, this is terrible...

Its likely to stretch content and hope it adds more things for the increased player pool size to do.

By things i mean grind more weapons.

More weapons = more grinding.

More grinding = possibly more time to delay update 14 for "fixes' etc.

And likely done to sate the "needs" of many completionists.

Thanks BrotherIcarus, mustve missed DEMegan's post. I guess that answers part of the question as "yes--its a bandaid". Still seems a little confusing that the reason for removing is that it intimidates new players though...

Alternative: hide items above a player's mastery level rather then label them as "locked" and flood the new player with content they cant touch?

What exactly are you talking about people? New weapons? Where? There was no patch *confused* 

nothings "new" wingsofgryphin they simply mailed everyone a bp for a machete that was previously taken out of the game.

To make not so knowledgeable people think it's an amazing awesome weapon that is super special, but uh oh they don't have the weapon slots :( guess I better buy some platinum, okay there we go now lets try out this super cool exclusive weapon, wait, this is terrible...

You don't have to buy platinum - sell a mod, BP, frame part to get plat for a slot.

I think it's interesting. Although machete is a terrible weapon, it does make things seem that whatever you see now on the marketplace could be taken away at any given time. Giving that sense of "I should build this weapon to get it to at least 30 before DE takes it away" making players grab what they can before its too late. It makes the weapon now feel a little special even tho its terrible.

People are sad about Gorgon. Sure, I had an opportunity to build it, level it and trash it before it was taken away. But, to have it re-release months later for new players or even vets would encourage them to take what they don't have that is free and cherish what's a semi-exclusive item.

Yes it sucks for new players, but new players wouldn't really know what weapon has been there or not unless they've seen someone with it and wiki'd it. Even then, there's soo much more for them to build and do, that it probably wouldn't matter.

It's like wraiths and vandals. I missed out on Braton Vandal and strun wraith and I could use them for mastery rank, but i got soo many other weapons that I won't need to think about them till the end of time. I'm sure they'll get re-released just like the prova vandal, so I'm not worried about it.

Edited by Magnagar

People just up voting stuff due to the fact it's from DE.

"Refreshing the In-game Market ever so often keeps the amount of Warframe weapons desirable and less intimidating for new players. "

How was the Machete, Gorgon, Ether Daggers intimidating to new players? 

So those weapons were more intimidating than the actual high cost for most if not all market items?

I applaud the cover up but come on now lol

They just last week they don't even plan on "refreshing" the market (I believe they were talkin about the prices and not the weapons though.)

I just don't find Megans politically correct statement justifiable.  Honestly I don't care about that.  My whole point is....if you're going to remove sub-par content for w/e reason....at least when you re-release it..buff it a little...add some type of "twang" to it....

Because right now it just seems vault "items" are just going to be used for filler updates........

If I'm completely wrong then have at me 

Who cares I got a free machete with 0 grinding \o/

but...  there wouldn't have been any grinding in the first place, it wasn't available until now...  sure it's free, but not the slot, and it's not catalyzed...

It's not like the Dex Furis freebie we got before where it had it's own free slot and catalyst, just a blueprint.

If I could I would but I'm betting 10 plat no one realistically will use the Machete.  In regards to your typical go-top weapon, it fails miserably, because it's out OUT classed severely.   All the "vaulted" weapons were out-classed, and half of us thought well maybe...they'll buff em up and re-skin em for later...now we just know they'll release them as filler presents......

it's like your grandma knitting you the same sweater every other christmas.....yeah thanks grandma but.....*puts sweater in a hole in the closet*

I think this is pretty freaking cool. It opens the door to so many possibilities on what we can see next. Watch as DE releases the Skana Prime again and blows all those "Founders weapons are gone" arguments out of the water! 

Edit: Just realized DE has stated SO. MANY. TIMES that Founders items will never come back. I GET IT! CALM DOWN!

Edited by BecomeLikeWater

because as a new player you have extras of those?

but...  there wouldn't have been any grinding in the first place, it wasn't available until now...  sure it's free, but not the slot, and it's not catalyzed...

It's not like the Dex Furis freebie we got before where it had it's own free slot and catalyst, just a blueprint.

These are true, but at least you get a bp for later?

These are true, but at least you get a bp for later?

Eh, yeah that is true.  Sadly, though, I bought a Machete BP back when they were taken away (to stow away for a later date when I decided I wanted to build it.)  Now that I get 2 BPs, and I can't trade them, I'm just gonna sell one and build the other.

Edit: again? There I go making no sense...  IGNORE ME!

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

I think this is pretty freaking cool. It opens the door to so many possibilities on what we can see next. Watch as DE releases the Skana Prime again and blows all those "Founders weapons are gone" arguments out of the water!

Get out you heretic.

If I could I would but I'm betting 10 plat no one realistically will use the Machete.  In regards to your typical go-top weapon, it fails miserably, because it's out OUT classed severely.   All the "vaulted" weapons were out-classed, and half of us thought well maybe...they'll buff em up and re-skin em for later...now we just know they'll release them as filler presents......

it's like your grandma knitting you the same sweater every other christmas.....yeah thanks grandma but.....*puts sweater in a hole in the closet*

I'd like my 10 plat please, I'll be using this thing quite a bit once I log in and build it.

I'd like my 10 plat please, I'll be using this thing quite a bit once I log in and build it.

"Quite a bit" isn't enough.   Forma it atleast 3-4 times and show me your stats in a couple of months...that will justify (a little bit) on you choosing to make it your main "go to" weapon