Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this project is still running.

I am the author of a contribution offer in the old Dark Sector thread. I'm still offering. :P

Basically, to make music along PeanutReaper's lines (as best I can) and sound effects.

We'd love to have you on board :-)

We communicate mainly by Skype, so if you PM me your Skype username then I'll add you to our group chat :-)

Edited by Ezard

• 2 weeks later...

So I casually got laser doors added whilst I was doing some other stuff (OpenGL burns you out pretty quick) - and they look freaking awesome, so kudos to the art guys for that :D
Take a look at them here:

Desktop. I watched Prime Time 42 and learned how to open crates. Then stumbled on shooting the gun (don't have that one yet, is it an Amprex?) and using his three available ultimates.

Spacebar: Jump

Left click: Melee (can also be initiated with "F" key)

Right Click: Fire primary (hold for charged blast)

1 key: Freeze

2 key: Ice wave

3 key: Snow globe

X key: Open accessible storage container (increases your energy)

Still gotta find a path to the next level :[

Edited by (XB1)Ugzilla

Desktop. I watched Prime Time 42 and learned how to open crates. Then stumbled on shooting the gun (don't have that one yet, is it an Amprex?) and using his three available ultimates.

Spacebar: Jump

Left click: Melee (can also be initiated with "F" key)

Right Click: Fire primary (hold for charged blast)

1 key: Freeze

2 key: Ice wave

3 key: Snow globe

X key: Open accessible storage container (increases your energy)

Still gotta find a path to the next level :[

The gun is *roughly* based on a Lanka (hence the charge-up time and large damage)

The 4th ability (Avalanche) hasn't been made yet

There are currently no other weapons in the game besides the melee attack and the Lanka, although this may change in the future (no promises, as it depends on what the other guys think, but personally I'd love to see a Lotus shop of sorts where you can upgrade your gear :D)

You can't actually progress past this level yet, as we haven't actually made any more - we're hoping to be able to procedurally generate them at some point in the future

As there are no more levels, we haven't added in the "end" of the level, which is why you can't find the liset (because it doesn't exist xD)

Hope that clears up your questions - stay tuned for more info! :-)

You guys and girls did an awesome job here, I'm impressed. BTW do you plan to add some parkour to the game? Just a simple running up a wall probably, that would be awesome. 

And some buff to energy regain would be nice, 5 per locker doesn't let us use abilities a lot. A buff to 10 per locker would be great. Also do you plan to maybe make energy actually drop in form of energy orbs so that we can pick it up later? 

You guys and girls did an awesome job here, I'm impressed. BTW do you plan to add some parkour to the game? Just a simple running up a wall probably, that would be awesome. 

And some buff to energy regain would be nice, 5 per locker doesn't let us use abilities a lot. A buff to 10 per locker would be great. Also do you plan to maybe make energy actually drop in form of energy orbs so that we can pick it up later? 

We've been playing around with the idea of wall jumping, but we wanted to get more of the more core mechanics and stuff done first, before we start adding the extra stuff

And yep, none of the values are set in stone, so don't worry about that :-)

And yep again, I believe we do plan on having health/energy orbs

The edge/wall collision detection needs tightening up.

This will be fixed in the next version, which uses our new cross-platform engine - it'll be just as tight as it currently is on Android (which is what the engine is derived from) :-)

1) Downloaded file

2) Used WinRAR to unzip into folder

3) Searched for file to run

4) Found no file to run with java...can't even find a .jar file

5) How do I turn this thing on?

EDIT:  First page should have instructions on how to download and run in exact detail.  Most people won't know how to run this program.  

Edited by Erelas

1) Downloaded file

2) Used WinRAR to unzip into folder

3) Searched for file to run

4) Found no file to run with java...can't even find a .jar file

5) How do I turn this thing on?

EDIT:  First page should have instructions on how to download and run in exact detail.  Most people won't know how to run this program.  

Agreed, instructions may be needed.  It's a java executable you have to have Java installed  to run it.  Afterwards, you should just be able to double-click on it and it should go!

Edited by Sakunai

Agreed, instructions may be needed.  It's a java executable you have to have Java installed  to run it.  Afterwards, you should just be able to double-click on it and it should go!

I have Java installed.  However, I don't see anything to click on, there are numerous sub-files and nothing that stands out as an executable.  It's very confusing.

I have Java installed.  However, I don't see anything to click on, there are numerous sub-files and nothing that stands out as an executable.  It's very confusing.

Click on the file with .jar extension. BTW there is only one file in what I downloaded, can you paste the link from which you got those numerous files? Oh and which version of java do you have? 

Also to 8bit devs, you're lacking a scroll option on your site, right here: http://8bit.wf/about/  Or something is wrong with my browser. That's also a possibilty.