Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Next Warframe, Community Opinion

Monybags33

We all know U14 is right around the corner (at least we hope) and we all know about the new some call "Trap" Warframe has shown its face hanging around to be the next Warframe in the lineup. So since we know who's up next witch Warframe or Warframe's do you want to see built next? Something with amazing powers, or something more designed to take a beating. Maybe something that can kill from miles away, or something that needs to be right in the enemies face to turn them into a pancake. For starters hears my list of ideas:

- A sniper Warframe (A Tenno Specialized In taking out targets at long range, aka Sniper Warframe).

- Melee Specialized Warframe (A Tenno that cannot use any Primary or Secondary weapons?)

- Another Stealth Warframe

- Infested Warframe

Its a very broad topic and the possibilities could be endless but what do you want in the next Warframe community?

Edited by Monybags33

- A sniper Warframe

- Melee Specialized Warframe

- Another Stealth Warframe

- Infested Warframe

- There's no need for Warframes specialized in a specific weapon type.

- There's also no need for another Stealth Warframe. You can literally stealth with every one of them, but only specifically three of them, that I can remember, have stealth based skills.

- Isn't the new Warframe coming out on the 14th Update an infested type of Warframe?

I don't know, not sure how a defense-oriented melee Warframe would turn out to be.

Valkyr can be defensive oriented, given the right conditions.

Edited by JRMC

- Isn't the new Warframe coming out on the 14th Update an infested type of Warframe?

Nah, it's a "trap" frame (just ignore that Vauban already exists). It can do stuff like electrify ziplines or turn lockers into Mimics.

Frankly, I think an infested frame is a terrible idea. Saryn already exists for poison damage, and the story hints at the warframes already being derived from the infested virus.

I don't know, not sure how a defense-oriented melee Warframe would turn out to be.

Greatshield/dualshield melee weapons.

Group armor/HP/shield-buffing ability at the cost of speed, maybe.

Some sort of reflection buff cast on allies.

Maybe a version of Rhino Charge/Slash Dash that ragdolls everything in front of it when hit by said shield weapons.

Frankly, I think an infested frame is a terrible idea. Saryn already exists for poison damage, and the story hints at the warframes already being derived from the infested virus.

... making an Infested frame something that logically should've happened already.

Nah, it's a "trap" frame (just ignore that Vauban already exists). It can do stuff like electrify ziplines or turn lockers into Mimics.

Saryn's as much of an Infested frame as Oberon is an Earth frame.

That is to say: not in the slightest.

It can do stuff like electrify ziplines

I'm sorry, but why? There's only one tile-set that I can think of, where enemies use zip-lines. Other than that, no other missions, which is over 90% of the game, has enemies going through zip-lines. Even with a new tile-set, it would be useless. The game still doesn't cover that much.

I disagree with you however JRMC.

- No need for a Warframe specialized in a specific weapon type? The post says a "Sniper" because its a reference towards a long range Warframe, not a type of weapon.

- No need for another stealth? This is based on the idea if Warframe creates stealth 2.0 and allows us the stealth road option, at this moment stealth is not very viable no matter what frame you are. At least not as well as it could be, and we are ninjas why not create another one?

- Also theirs not much proof on whether or not the new Warframe is Infested based at all in the least bit besides it showing up in the recent event on a mod.

Your opinions noted but it has no real reasons behind it, sorry.

Saryn's as much of an Infested frame as Oberon is an Earth frame.

That is to say: not in the slightest.

The point is, the niche an infested frame would almost certainly fill is already taken.

I'm sorry, but why? There's only one tile-set that I can think of, where enemies use zip-lines. Other than that, no other missions, which is over 90% of the game, has enemies going through zip-lines. Even with a new tile-set, it would be useless. The game still doesn't cover that much.

I didn't say it's a good power, it's just what they've mentioned.

I disagree with you however JRMC.

- No need for a Warframe specialized in a specific weapon type? The post says a "Sniper" because its a reference towards a long range Warframe, not a type of weapon.

- No need for another stealth? This is based on the idea if Warframe creates stealth 2.0 and allows us the stealth road option, at this moment stealth is not very viable no matter what frame you are. At least not as well as it could be, and we are ninjas why not create another one?

- Also theirs not much proof on whether or not the new Warframe is Infested based at all in the least bit besides it showing up in the recent event on a mod.

Your opinions noted but it has no real reasons behind it, sorry.

- Apologies, I misunderstood what you were getting at. You're talking about a Warframe with sniper abilities. Not a bad idea, to be honest.

- Because the game is mainly focused on co-op PvE. We have enough stealth Warframes as it is, and I am still telling you it's possible to stealth with every Warframe, regardless of abilities.

Edited by JRMC

I just hope it isn't a really lame gimmicky frame that gets discarded almost immediately.

Sadly, I'm sure it will be a really lame gimmicky frame that is a one trick pony and is only good in average difficulty spots.

Gonna cause some folks to wear out their '4' key honestly devs.