Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What This Game Needs More Of: Gear, Tactical Grenades, Seekers, Drones Etc

Mastikator2

A facet of this game which is very underdeveloped is the gear, we have codex scanners, ammo/healing/energy restore, spectres and ciphers. Meanwhile we have 19 unique warframes and over 150 weapons.

So here are a few ideas that could improve the gameplay and make gear more interesting.

Tactical grenades, (throw them like Vauban throws orbs or you throw a specter pokeyball), you carry maybe 3 in a slot to a mission

I'm thinking

Flash Bang Grenade, anyone within 30 meters of its explosion are blinded temporarily (similar to Excal radial blind but not permanent).

Reusable BP that crafts 5 at a time (1 hour craft maybe?), uses ferrite and rubedo.

Smoke Grenade, creates a cloud of smoke that gradually grows and then disperses, it could last maybe 30 seconds and acts as obscuring line of sight for AI, anyone standing behind or inside will be harder to hit with guns, melee enemies still work normally since they need to make physical contact anyway.

Reusable BP that crafts 5 at a time (1 hour craft maybe?), uses ferrite and nano spores.

EMP Grenade, creates a short range (6 meters radius?) spherical EMP burst that proc's everything it hits with Magnetic and Radiation, damage is irrelevant because of damage scaling.

Reusable BP that crafts 5 at a time (1 hour craft maybe?), uses salvage and gallium (1)

Acid Grenade, explodes dealing blast and corrosive damage with 100% proc on both damage type, again damage is irrelevant because of damage scaling (and the point is that these are supposed to be CC and use existing in game mechanics)

Next idea is the Seeker Drone that the Grineer Seekers deploy, the idea here is that if deployed by a Tenno then they will seek out enemies and if attached to them will display them on the map and let you see them through the wall (like you can with codex scanner, but this is granted to the whole team).

Reusable BP, uses alloy plate, circuits

My final idea is the Shield Osprey, deploy one like the Corpus Tech does, it follows you around (like a spectre would) and stays close and gives you and your allies a shield bonus.

Reusable BP, craft uses salvage, circuits, fieldron sample

There were grenades, but they were removed.

What you suggest would be like putting a Band-Aid on fresh skin - it doesn't need healing, because you can do all these things with certain other Warframe. Mag, Saryn, etc. Besides, this is not a tactical game, and adding tactical weapons will not change the game play at all.

What you suggest would be like putting a Band-Aid on fresh skin - it doesn't need healing, because you can do all these things with certain other Warframe. Mag, Saryn, etc. Besides, this is not a tactical game, and adding tactical weapons will not change the game play at all.

Not asking for damage based grenades, I'm asking for gadgets that do CC, to make the game more ninja and let everyone have the possibility of using CC, just like health restores gives everyone the possibility of healing.

Also I'm not just asking for grenades, I'm also asking for Shield Ospreys and Seeker drones.

Not asking for damage based grenades, I'm asking for gadgets that do CC, to make the game more ninja and let everyone have the possibility of using CC, just like health restores gives everyone the possibility of healing.

Also I'm not just asking for grenades, I'm also asking for Shield Ospreys and Seeker drones.

Yeah but health restores immobilize the player and takes a while to heal you, balancing vs warframes that heal and pick ups....

But here is one question: 

Would it be actually be useful (or even used) in any mission?

Throw a smoke grenade on the cryopod in non-infested defense, acid grenades against heavy and dangerous grineer targets, EMP grenades against heavy and dangerous corpus targets, flash bang against large squads in late game def/surv.

The seekers would benefit everyone using guns with punch through.

The shield osprey would benefit everyone that is being shot or stabbed.

Edit- and yes I know these are trivial if you bring a maxed out Soma to Venus, but it's good if the best you have is Karak or if you're going to a T4 Def.

Edited by Mastikator2

when were grenades ever implemented. 

Well, it'd make an interesting resource sink. I don't use nearly enough restore packs to reduce the excess materials I have. Personally, I prefer the utility drones over the grenades. I'd feel really attached to them and go into a fit of rage when someone destroys them.

Edited by Liacu

Throw a smoke grenade on the cryopod in non-infested defense, acid grenades against heavy and dangerous grineer targets, EMP grenades against heavy and dangerous corpus targets, flash bang against large squads in late game def/surv.

The seekers would benefit everyone using guns with punch through.

The shield osprey would benefit everyone that is being shot or stabbed.

Edit- and yes I know these are trivial if you bring a maxed out Soma to Venus, but it's good if the best you have is Karak or if you're going to a T4 Def.

I think most, if not all, of them would be easily overshadowed by Warframe powers/weapons, even with mediocre weapon and setups. 

Imagine in a T4 Defence. Your typical team setup would be a defensive Warframe (typically Frost, who also has Avalanche for CC), one (or two) CC based Warframes and one Healer Warframe, armed with top-notch guns. I do not think these gear would be useful to them, as most of these gears' functions would be easily covered by these setups. 

Then again, not to say that it is totally useless, but I would feel that they would see very limited use (maybe new players would use them, but once they have an established arsenal and mods, these gears would be mostly redundant). 

The thing is, grenades are what enemies use. And they aren't that powerful, and easy to avoid. IF DE decides to implement this, I have a feeling they might code the AI, so that they would run away from the grenades OR mostly give them the ability to chuck it back at us before it explodes.

But on a devstream, they refused (don't think it's a good idea, since Vauban's skills have the "chucking" motion everytime he uses his skills) the idea of grenades since it doesn't fit with Warframes (Tennos), seeing as how our powers are basically like grenades.

Edited by VoidWraith