The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 And Pc Account Merge?

SaltyRootbeer

I've heard rumors that once U14 hits PC and PS4, users will be able to merge their PS4 accounts to their PC accounts (if they have both).

Now, I am exploding with excitement on the inside, because I started on PS4 and obtained multiple prime weapons and some cool frames, along with a plethora of rare mods. But my friend dragged me into the PC version, so now I'm in love with it.

If this account merging actually happens, what does it entail?

It's not a merger. People really need to stop using that term - it's wildly confusing. Please edit your title to read "PC to PS4 Account Migration [Question]"

It's more specifically an account copy and/or overwrite, depending on your situation. If you wish to migrate from PC to PS4, you will be given the option to take your PC account and make an identical copy of it on PSN, essentially creating a new account while leaving your old one on PC intaced. And if you already have an existing account there with the same credentials it will be overwritten with your data from PC.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I swear I've heard PS4-->PC, and I'm sure that PC--->PS4 is already an option as it stands, so why take the time to, even slightly, announce it if it already exists? I have heard rumors that people will be able to MERGE accounts, so, I'm keeping the post the way it is.

They should allow people to migrate it either way without any problems.  I don't see the distinction or it should be one or the other.  Why should there be an issue with one talking to the other?  Is it on the PC end or the PS4's end?  Either way, the roadblock should be removed with a patch or something because you shouldn't need two accounts.  That's stupid.  Or better yet, just find a way to use cross-platform compatibility a possibility.  A PC user shouldn't NEED a PS4 just to play with a PS4 user.  

Edited by (PS4)arylfreewind

They should allow people to migrate it either way without any problems.  I don't see the distinction or it should be one or the other.  Why should there be an issue with one talking to the other?  Is it on the PC end or the PS4's end?  Either way, the roadblock should be removed with a patch or something because you shouldn't need two accounts.  That's stupid.  

I agree that DE should consider the migrations to happen in both directions.  While they'd be hosting twice as much data for the same user, that same user will likely play on both platforms from that point forward.  I believe that no matter which platform more players is always better for this game.

It'd be nice to have some PS4 players with us here on PC.  Often times I'm curious if PS4 players would have a slightly different play-style or movement characteristics given that they use controllers and vice versa.  It'd be cool to see the differences.

It's not a merger. People really need to stop using that term - it's wildly confusing. Please edit your title to read "PC to PS4 Account Migration [Question]"

It's more specifically an account copy and/or overwrite, depending on your situation. If you wish to migrate from PC to PS4, you will be given the option to take your PC account and make an identical copy of it on PSN, essentially creating a new account while leaving your old one on PC intaced. And if you already have an existing account there with the same credentials it will be overwritten with your data from PC.

This has bugged me for a while but I might as well ask.

Lets say I don't bother merging when I start warframe on the ps4 using the same account login as my pc account. Will I still keep everything I purchased in the past (plat, founders items)? Or is it a completely blank slate?

Like an account reset do I keep the platinum and items I previously purchased?

This has bugged me for a while but I might as well ask.

Lets say I don't bother merging when I start warframe on the ps4 using the same account login as my pc account. Will I still keep everything I purchased in the past (plat, founders items)? Or is it a completely blank slate?

Like an account reset do I keep the platinum and items I previously purchased?

Founders items, plat, and clan does not copy over. Those are all we know right now that will not transfer. It's also very possible that anything that hasn't been offered or will never be offered on PS4 won't be copied over either.

Edited by (PS4)The_Moustache

Also, if those two links posted on this discussion are true, I'd be really pissed. Just letting DE know, I worked hard on the PS4, but the PC has a more favorable set of controls and a more favorable format, along with the fact that my friends play on PC. At least let me get my proto excalibur skin on my PC account. Of all the things I got on my PS4 account, that is the greatest ting I was able to get. And I don't know why PS4 to PC migration wouldn't work, because soon PC to PS4 migration will guaranteed be available. I think it's just Sony's way of saying "Screw PC".

Also, if those two links posted on this discussion are true, I'd be really &!$$ed. Just letting DE know, I worked hard on the PS4, but the PC has a more favorable set of controls and a more favorable format, along with the fact that my friends play on PC. At least let me get my proto excalibur skin on my PC account. Of all the things I got on my PS4 account, that is the greatest ting I was able to get. And I don't know why PS4 to PC migration wouldn't work, because soon PC to PS4 migration will guaranteed be available. I think it's just Sony's way of saying "Screw PC".

Because that is exactly what they are doing. Sony insists everyone uses their PSN accounts for everything relating to Sony. Their interest is to draw PC players to their console (where they get a piece of the cut of any money spent), not the other way around. The only reason any sort of account migration is even on the table is because Warframe is a F2P title with a strong PC player-base, some of which may be inclined to jump ship to the PS4 if they can take their stuff. Sony could not care less about the PC version of Warframe.

And that is still a lot considering say DCUO, where nothing transfers, or FF XIV, where each platform needs you to buy its own specific version (I firmly believe that the only reason PS3/4/PC cross play is even a thing in FF XIV is due to how a gigantic flop FF was in the first place and how maitaining good relations with Square servers Sony's interest in their "home" turf)

Agian, this is not an altruistic move on their point. They are fairly blatantly trying to "take" as much players to their separate platform (remember, cross play is no longer on the table. Not surprising, considering Warframe uses P2P matchmaking and the huge gap in patch time between the two versions) because it means more revenue for them. De has seems to be very interested on cashing in on their popularity recently, not that I blame them.

So when was cross platform cut? Last I heard it was gonna happen "when all stars aligned", tho they admitted it wouldn't happen often. Warthunder got x-plat forming goin on... Tho their updates come extremely slowly. Anyways, I just got back from a couple month break. So I'm guessing I missed something important.

So when was cross platform cut? Last I heard it was gonna happen "when all stars aligned", tho they admitted it wouldn't happen often. Warthunder got x-plat forming goin on... Tho their updates come extremely slowly. Anyways, I just got back from a couple month break. So I'm guessing I missed something important.

It began hopeful, but then as the reality of cert over the first couple weeks and months began to set in, the idea slowly died off until it was all but forgotten by most - community and devs. To be fair, it was never officially cancelled - but the combination of the reality of cert and the apparent silence about the topic has pretty much laid itself to rest. It's simply faded over time.

I swear I've heard PS4-->PC

Not from DE or anybody that knows what they're talking about.

DE has never stated anything about PS4->PC.

and I'm sure that PC--->PS4 is already an option as it stands

No it is not.  It will become an option at a time when both U14 are out on both PC and PS4, according to DE.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/250101-please-settle-some-rumors/?p=2898618

I have heard rumors that people will be able to MERGE accounts

No, PC->PS4 will be a one-time migration, creating a copy of the PC account's contents on a PS4 account.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/260575-will-pc-updates-be-delayed-for-migration/?p=3026644

Well, thanks for answering. I did after all say I heard RUMORs, and tbh, I posted this disscussion in the way I did because I hoped a DE staff would respond. And realistically, I would pay Sony for them to let me get my PS4 stuff onto PC. Maybe that could be a thing? Sony would get paid, pc users would get their stuff from PS4 if they had any, and everyone would be happy.

Edited by SaltyRootbeer

The issue is I'm pretty sure Sony values keeping customers for multiple future payments more than a single one-time payment.

It's how "F2P" things with extras operate anyways.  Throughout the life of Warframe you're likely to spent more than the price of a single game on it.

• 1 month later...