Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't It Be Awesome If

And that's where you are in the wrong. You are bringing real life situations and logic into a game that if it had those, the game wouldn't be fun anymore. 

The Spectra is a mining laser (which is incredibly hot and can pierce through solid rock and metal appliances) so therefore it should be able to kill nearly everything. 

You can't bring that form of logic into a game at all. If it was arma we were talking about, I'd agree with you 100%.

I'm trying to not quote so much as I honestly find this entire topic regarding kubrows irrelevent, I'm just waiting for the next reveal on listset.com. In this game, and all games, a shield stops the instant kill process. In real life *I love using real life as an example as I'm majoring in bio chemistry* a heat ray/beam is nothing but mere concentrated photons melded into a single frequency. Since photons pass through everything, they would go through whatever frequency the shield would be emitting *Do not quote me on that, I understand photons pass through everything, but not sure about certain frequency waves* thus causing instant molecular disintegration.

I'm trying to not quote so much as I honestly find this entire topic regarding kubrows irrelevent, I'm just waiting for the next reveal on listset.com. In this game, and all games, a shield stops the instant kill process. In real life *I love using real life as an example as I'm majoring in bio chemistry* a heat ray/beam is nothing but mere concentrated photons melded into a single frequency. Since photons pass through everything, they would go through whatever frequency the shield would be emitting *Do not quote me on that, I understand photons pass through everything, but not sure about certain frequency waves* thus causing instant molecular disintegration.

*sigh*

This is fiction. It could whatever is wants and distort what it wants.

I don't see the problem with felines.  Just because you are not a cat person means nothing.  Also to think we want cats because of DERebecca or because this is the internet...  We are not talking about house cats here (at least I hope we aren't).  If we were to assume Kubrows are "dogs", then I do think we can expect other species of pets in the future.  Some kind of tiger or panther would be nice.  But that's not going to fit in the ship well, and the animations of it interacting with the ship could be a lot of effort.  So I wouldn't expect anything like that any time soon.

And yet we are still living tissue underneath.

Can I get a quote from De that actually says living being are inside the suite? I was under the impression they were a collective, such as the borg.

so a nuke can't destroy us, yet bullets from a grataka can?

This is fiction, as you stated earlier. For simplicity sakes death exist for the suites. A bullet does not destroy the matter on the molecular level, a nuclear bomb does. Yes I have seen my character get gunned down, but I've never seen him simply vanish such as a nuke would do!

Edited by Lawrenciumm

Can I get a quote from De that actually says living being are inside the suite? I was under the impression they were autonomous, being controlled such as the Borg,

Well, we can bleed and be poisoned, so I think there would be some sort of living tissue inside. 

And the Excalibur Codex indicates that the Warframe is worn by a living organism (that happens to be twisted by the Void), so there is that. 

Can I get a quote from De that actually says living being are inside the suite? I was under the impression they were autonomous, being controlled such as the Borg,

This is fiction, as you stated earlier. For simplicity sakes death exist for the suites. A bullet does not destroy the matter on the molecular level, a nuclear bomb does. Yes I have seen my character get gunned down, but I've never seen him simply vanish such as a nuke would do!

A: Tenno are the beings inside the suits. Warframes are our suits.

B: So then stop trying to bring in realism to the game. My kubrow will destroy every single grineer while I record it with the codex.

lets see, what do we have here:

1. kubrov, will there be also a kubrov-prime ?

2. spaceship, will there be also some orikin-void-prime-style spaceship ? i really like this white with decent golden and blue lights

3. im shure u14 will come :-)

:-P

Commenting on the life support: We already have the technology current day to install and take away artificial air, cough cough space shuttles. That can easily be converted to an outside setting as long as the moluecules and disrupter unit permited for it.

This explains not how Grineer can somehow shut off Life Support in the Middle of a *FOREST*. The vents and pipes are few to none in large portions in that tileset.

As for Kurbrow having a resistance to bullets making no sense, take a look at some animals we have in our world today. Bears, Big Cats, such as Cougars, Tigers, Lions, Panthers, and Leopards, most Sharks, *ALL* have very tough hides, and you aren't likely to take them down without hitting them just-so with small-arms. That is not to say they are entirely bulletproof, but a 9mm Pistol will most likely NOT kill a Crocodile or an Aligator before it gets your leg in its mouth.

Keep in mind as well, that Kurbrow have lived on Earth for a while, and we don't have an exact date as to what's going on in Warframe. For all we know, this is millions of years in the future. Who knows *WHAT* kind of evolution and adaptations the Kurbrow in-general have gone through? Let's take a look at their Ecology for a moment, actually:

1.) They don't rely on camouflage, preferring to out-run their prey, and take them down with coordinated attacks. Their teeth are flatter on the side, and sharper in the front, like a Human's, indicating an Omnivorous diet, either useful for tearing open a Warframe or a Heavy Gunner's suit and devouring the contents, or munching on roots or plants.

2.) Their hides are tough and thick, likely due to long-term exposure to things such as branches whipping across them at high speeds, or for the ones with softer hides being killed off easier. Darwinian Evolution plays its hand here, as those with softer and easier to cut skin died off earlier, leaving those traits rarer and rarer.

3.) Their nose's shape indicates they have poor eyesight, and their eyes are small, leading them to either be primarily non-noctournal in nature, and opting to spend most of their time above ground. The nose's size indicates they mostly use their nose to track their prey, but they seem to look UP to do so, indicating tracking via how the winds are blowing, as opposed to sniffing around the ground.

4.) They opt to live underground, in dens that seem to have multiple openings, much like an anthill. This points to a large number of "packs" seem to meld together to make one large "Colony" that all live and hunt together to survive. Food is a bit harder to come around, and there's a pecking order of course with this method, but the Kurbrow all seem energetic and tough despite this, indicating that although someone does get teh first bite, it's shared relatively equally between all of the Kurbrow in the colony.

And from what some people have been saying, they lay eggs, like a Platypus. This information here is all from what I personally have seen in-game. I don't know WHAT they chose to eat, besides seeing them take down a Hellion every now and again, as a pack, using the same methods that wolves use to take down an old or sickly deer. I haven't seen birthing chambers and I haven't seen any young or adolescent or overly elderly Kurbrow, so, really, this is what I've got on them.

EDIT: Fixing a redundant bullet

Edited by Mewfan

A: Tenno are the beings inside the suits. Warframes are our suits.

B: So then stop trying to bring in realism to the game. My kubrow will destroy every single grineer while I record it with the codex.

I see, I see. Well my perception of the game has been shattered. I'm mastery 15 lmfao. The more you know. But in all honesty, I'm not looking forward to seeing the Kubrows in missions -.-.

Edited by Lawrenciumm

This explains not how Grineer can somehow shut off Life Support in the Middle of a *FOREST*. The vents and pipes are few to none in large portions in that tileset.

As for Kurbrow having a resistance to bullets making no sense, take a look at some animals we have in our world today. Bears, Big Cats, such as Cougars, Tigers, Lions, Panthers, and Leopards, most Sharks, *ALL* have very tough hides, and you aren't likely to take them down without hitting them just-so with small-arms. That is not to say they are entirely bulletproof, but a 9mm Pistol will most likely NOT kill a Crocodile or an Aligator before it gets your leg in its mouth.

Keep in mind as well, that Kurbrow have lived on Earth for a while, and we don't have an exact date as to what's going on in Warframe. For all we know, this is millions of years in the future. Who knows *WHAT* kind of evolution and adaptations the Kurbrow in-general have gone through? Let's take a look at their Ecology for a moment, actually:

1.) They live in dens underground, and have a packing behavior, much like wolves in today's society. This indicates there is an "Alpha" who is in-charge, and others who go out to get the food for their young.

2.) They don't rely on camouflage, preferring to out-run their prey, and take them down with coordinated attacks. Their teeth are flatter on the side, and sharper in the front, like a Human's, indicating an Omnivorous diet, either useful for tearing open a Warframe or a Heavy Gunner's suit and devouring the contents, or munching on roots or plants.

3.) Their hides are tough and thick, likely due to long-term exposure to things such as branches whipping across them at high speeds, or for the ones with softer hides being killed off easier. Darwinian Evolution plays its hand here, as those with softer and easier to cut skin died off earlier, leaving those traits rarer and rarer.

4.) Their nose's shape indicates they have poor eyesight, and their eyes are small, leading them to either be primarily non-noctournal in nature, and opting to spend most of their time above ground. The nose's size indicates they mostly use their nose to track their prey, but they seem to look UP to do so, indicating tracking via how the winds are blowing, as opposed to sniffing around the ground.

5.) They opt to live underground, in dens that seem to have multiple openings, much like an anthill. This points to a large number of "packs" seem to meld together to make one large "Colony" that all live and hunt together to survive. Food is a bit harder to come around, and there's a pecking order of course with this method, but the Kurbrow all seem energetic and tough despite this, indicating that although someone does get teh first bite, it's shared relatively equally between all of the Kurbrow in the colony.

And from what some people have been saying, they lay eggs, like a Platypus. This information here is all from what I personally have seen in-game. I don't know WHAT they chose to eat, besides seeing them take down a Hellion every now and again, as a pack, using the same methods that wolves use to take down an old or sickly deer. I haven't seen birthing chambers and I haven't seen any young or adolescent or overly elderly Kurbrow, so, really, this is what I've got on them.

^This. All of this. Read it all.

1.) They don't rely on camouflage, preferring to out-run their prey, and take them down with coordinated attacks. Their teeth are flatter on the side, and sharper in the front, like a Human's, indicating an Omnivorous diet, either useful for tearing open a Warframe or a Heavy Gunner's suit and devouring the contents, or munching on roots or plants.

2.) Their hides are tough and thick, likely due to long-term exposure to things such as branches whipping across them at high speeds, or for the ones with softer hides being killed off easier. Darwinian Evolution plays its hand here, as those with softer and easier to cut skin died off earlier, leaving those traits rarer and rarer.

3.) Their nose's shape indicates they have poor eyesight, and their eyes are small, leading them to either be primarily non-noctournal in nature, and opting to spend most of their time above ground. The nose's size indicates they mostly use their nose to track their prey, but they seem to look UP to do so, indicating tracking via how the winds are blowing, as opposed to sniffing around the ground.

4.) They opt to live underground, in dens that seem to have multiple openings, much like an anthill. This points to a large number of "packs" seem to meld together to make one large "Colony" that all live and hunt together to survive. Food is a bit harder to come around, and there's a pecking order of course with this method, but the Kurbrow all seem energetic and tough despite this, indicating that although someone does get teh first bite, it's shared relatively equally between all of the Kurbrow in the colony.

EDIT: Fixing a redundant bullet

Last quote from me, survival on Earth makes zero sense. You cannot take off life support on a planet that is covered in forestation. The oxygen would be quite rich.

Last quote from me, survival on Earth makes zero sense. You cannot take off life support on a planet that is covered in forestation. The oxygen would be quite rich.

Well, there is that, and Outposts (unless we move all Survival missions to the ship), so fair point. 

besides if that forestation itself is toxic