Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Call To Founders, Council Members, And All Warframes!

7.T.

To All Warframes: Post why you play. If you like this game and plan to play often, buy (if you can) at least the Disciple Package!

To Founders: What you like about this game and what made you decide to become a Founder!

To Council Members: Post what you like about this game and why you decided to become a Council Member and help out D.E. a little more!

To Founders and The Council: Include in your post why you think others should buy a Founder Package!
As for me, I've been looking for something like this for a long time and I hope it continues to expand in content. A free-to-play needs monetary support just to keep itself available. That is why I would like encourage all who enjoy Warframe to support Warframe if you are able. Even if it may be just for the Excalibur Prime and his weapons lol :)

To those who just buy Platinum: That works too!

To those who can't or wont buy: It's cool, I understand. Instead you can help simply by encouraging your family, friends, and maybe even coworkers to check out Warframe.

Thanks to everyone who participates in these forums and to D.E.

~7.T.

Edited by 7.T.

I love this game bought founders package just because i feel a game like this deserves my money just as much as a triple "A" title does in my opinion this is the best game ive played so far this year after just buying founders and platinum randomly ive already spent well over 150 on this game my wife loves how some of the most powerful warframes are women so she didnt mind me spendin so much... my 2cents

A) Play because it's fun to play something different :)

Playing something that is overdone multiple times (Games such as WoW and Rift [which have some similarities, not 100% different]) can get boring... when I heard of it, it was still in closed beta and I manage to get 1 key from the 'MMOBomb' website to try it out. Pretty fun so I played it until it got into Open Beta and Update 7 came out. Most people hated it but I sort of liked it when i got used to it :P

B) Became a founder because it was really enjoyable. Did this a week before Open Beta and got the Hunter package for the Prime Excaliber. Used the plat to get some Frame slots and Gun slots... and a few bundles to get a good start. Really nice start for me even though i screwed up getting trinity (Part of female warframe bundle and had to sell her copy).

C) Done almost a month after I got Hunter, reason why was because there is so much more that could be added and suggested to DE so I thought, hey... why not? Got Master with a Skana Prime and it was pretty good. Little low on damage but if I started a game with it, I'd use it over the regular because of the style :P

D) Think other people should get the Founder packages because...

1- It provides enough platinum to get you started if used right (at least Hunter provides the best amount in low cost)

2- The game could use the additional funding because it is truely a good game and it grows faster if it had more support from the fans of it.

3- If you truely love warframe, this is the best way to show it while also being rewarded :P

That's all. ~Yanga

They managed to steal 80 hours of my free time SO FAR... So they win. They get some of my money. I hope to see them expand this wonderful game they have created and not stall out in beta like another certain frame related game.

Since this is a founder related topic, i got a question.

I intend to became a council member founder, the problem is, ATM i can only afford the Disciple founder, i know i can later on "upgrade" my founder to hunter and then Master (which have council member), the problem is:

Founder is a "Time-Limited" option for what i've heard/read/displayed, it will eventually end.

But if i already have and founder status, can i still upgrade?

If yes, then in a few days i'll be a fantastic Disciple friend

If no, the i apologise DE for not being able to help :(

Reply are more then welcome, since i need to know this the fastest possible so i make counts to life :D

Regards *@##$es :3

Edited by Endrance

So far, this game has hit a stop for me. Currently waiting for Rhino blueprint to complete (might play more after that).

Main cause? The repeating levels. Same levels. All the time. No variation suck. Inb4 beta.

Second cause? Players. Rushing all day long. The highest level of teamwork I have seen in a random group of players tagging modules.

Well I became a founder because I have played an mmo called Dungeon Fighter Online for sometime now. Some of you may know that it is/was run by nexon, the real worst company in America. They dont care about their player base, they are awful communicating with the community, and all around they are just horrible people in general. Anyway DFO is scheduled to be shut down soon so I was on a quest to find another game to consume my life and after seeing this community and how the dev's listen to mostly everything they have to say and give updates on current issues the game if facing I knew I had to back these guys just for being such a great team and I have never seen devs treat players like they matter.

TL;DR : Amazing dev's who encourage input from the playerbase.

So far, this game has hit a stop for me. Currently waiting for Rhino blueprint to complete (might play more after that).

Main cause? The repeating levels. Same levels. All the time. No variation suck. Inb4 beta.

Second cause? Players. Rushing all day long. The highest level of teamwork I have seen in a random group of players tagging modules.

I meant to downvote this but I clicked the wrong button.

An unbelievable package for a F2P, I felt inclined to do my part to support it. Being part of a game like this at this early stage is an exciting prospect, as it constantly changes and improves and once it's all said and done we can say, we were there, we were a part of that.

The platinum that comes with Founder status is certainly a bonus, allowing you to experience different warframes and styles of play far quicker than you otherwise would.

Show your support, become a founder. If I had the money I would certainly upgrade mine.

Why am I founder? it's a bloody good game and Excalibur Prime is disgustingly beautiful. It sickens me how pretty Prime is, really.

Why others should be a founder? If you've got the money or you're willing to live on super-noodles for a week and you think the same as above, there's no reason not to.

I play because this was the first shooter that I didn't suck at, that requires 'some' tactics or at least for-thought in places, community is decent enough, actually, scratch that, Good, for a shooter community... LOL

I went founder because I want to see it succeed and know that all these indie things need cash. Yeah, the stuff and platy helps a lot, but that is NOT the reason I gave them my hard earned half a week of work and will soon given them the other half of a work week for Grandmaster.... My time is precious to me, work or play, and when I see the dedication, thought, and community skills that it takes to make a good game Great, I support that.

This is ALREADY one of the most polished f2p games I have found to date. I expect much MORE in the future, and that is rather exciting.

Edited by GrimmLiberty

I play for finally a mmo that focus only on pve atm. Word of tanks if fun but that just pvp and that drive me nuts after few rounds.

And I would have bought the lowest founder pack if I had been sure they would take it in dollars and not euro (had that problem with cryptic they show dollar price but take it in euro). So intead I bought 10 dollar platinum to check and when it was in dollar value I bought another 10 then I was out of money.

But at the moment this is my favorite game out there for love pve firefall is nice to but so hard to just go in alone and play that allways need 4 friends or somthing for it to be worth it. Wile warframe you can go on any time of the day friends or not and just enjoy.

Edited by Emolition

I bought the highest founders pack for one simple reason.

Warframe is one of the VERY few games that I own, where I believe the devs truly deserve the money that I am giving them.

They actively communicate with the players regarding any sort of issues, or upcoming updates.

Updates and bugfixes are plentiful, and the staff are top notch.

I'd hate to see this game fail, so my $250 is my contribution to see this game reach its potential.

lol... Founder/Council member is sorta the same once you buy master/GrandMaster. The reason. Simple armored up warriors don't get enough publicity. Now this game came up. Ninjas, in space, fully armored up. It may not be Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Armor Hero, or Karas, but this as a game is as close as we will ever get at the rate transfer of foreign things go. So I right away bought Grand Master after watching several youtube videos then I started playing. I have to say I am still here because the game is awesome. Made just the way I want it. I love the PVE system, I love the Co-op system. Co-op is like a dyeing horse these days even Gamestop employees are like total jerks about it saying Co-op is a terrible game system vs the ever growing need of pvp... pft... they obviously haven't played Borderlands 2, and Gundam Dynasty Warriors 3, or been around the block of F2P games, GOOD ones. No matter what people say this game has gathered over a million players (even if some may be bots, second accounts, or something it is OVER a million subtract a hundred or so and it does no damage). So yeah me here just having a blast doing my thing as a armored up space ninja and I enjoy every second of it.

I would buy the grandmaster right now if I had a job

after reading that I saw ur name and I lol'd

On topic now, I love this game, and how the developer treats their game and responds to their community. Its truly awsum how something as epic as Warframe can come out of a small developer with no backing from a publisher. DE's devotion to this game combined with how much I love the game pushed me to get a founder's package. I became a council member because nothing is more awsum than being able to contribute to one of your favorite games. Its also soooo rare for a developer to involve the community so much in their game.

I meant to downvote this but I clicked the wrong button.

You down voted this because you dont agree with it? Its coo, I downvoted you for not agreeing with me I guess? We can act eight years old together! ^^

This game blew me away right out of the gates with the amount of work they had put into a F2P. The graphics rival $60 games. I will say, I have gotten bored as of late... But over 100hours of the game will do that.

I also love the dedication to the community from the Devs. I mean, DESteave at least was up all night after U7 applying hotfixes as we requested them... Most companies dont give a lick what we think.

So I felt like I should contribute to their wallets. ;-)

Edited by Zackai

You down voted this because you dont agree with it? Its coo, I downvoted you for not agreeing with me I guess? We can act eight years old together! ^^

I upvoted this to point out the flaws of the voting system. But I re-downvoted you because that is what the vote option is for.

Edit: If you do the math you get no votes!

Edited by Sgt.Frog

I bought a founder package because the Developers have demonstrated that they truly enjoy their work and they actually care about providing a top quality experience for us to enjoy. This game has some huge potential and I don't mind contributing some money to help fund this game. I may even upgrade to a GrandMaster package :)

A lot of cool posts so far. Wonder why my original one has -5? Thought I covered all types of players both non-pay and paying. Please be sure to read the whole thing if that's where the -5 came from. lol Oh well, no big deal. I respect people's opinions. I differentiated Founder and Council Member because I assumed the majority would be Disciple and Hunter. I apologize if the original post seemed redundant. Anyway, The reason I'm not a Grand Master yet is because this is all I can afford at the moment. I would like to always have the option to upgrade even after beta but I don't know if that will be an option. I think if your at least a Master, they should keep the offer open. After all, the upgrade from Hunter to Master was another $50 while Master to Grand Master is another $150. I would love to be able to upgrade soon if I can. To se05239 in post #9: Yes, its still in beta and is still growing. Like they said in the live stream, because its a free-to-play, they will and have to continue adding content to keep people interested so it will only get better even after beta. As for the rushers, in the live stream they said that they will make it so half your team will have to reach the end before the mission will end. That should help some :)

Edited by 7.T.