Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Has More Spam Than Hawaii

Krogothian

I know there is a hesitancy to introduce another form of trade but I feel it is almost needed at this point. 

Digging through trade chat and trying to make good mutually beneficial trades is really hard to do. Due to the number of people in the trade and all of them trying to sell everything and I mean everything. Surprised I don't see the kitchen sink in many of these blocks of text.

A trade system that allows you to filter and sell/buy separate from trades is getting more and more needed. This way you can find exactly what you are looking for instead of seeing every bit of kit that passes through. 

1F8Kg60.png

I would love to use the trade system much more often, however due to the clusterf*** I must deal with a majority of the time I don't even bother. 

RIght now the only civil ways of finding trades are by using the forums or reddit's wartrade.

I never had any problems with trade, always got/sold what i wanted.

Same here BUT I'd much prefer to use a different system (auction, player run shops or to be able to type what I want and just click "BUY")

you should be able to go thru ur inventory and click sell. then chose credits / platinum. credits would be instant as they are now. platinum would have a predetermined price that you can use as a default or you can over ride it with your own value. on the buying end you can search for your item much like ur own inventory. select it. then sort by whatever you want. cost / seller would be ideal. then choose the one you want and buy it. at that point seller gets his plat and buyer gets his item instantly. no more getting screwed around, no more starring at trade chat and having a default plat value on everything may straighten out what is going as far as prices. ( or atlest help ). i see prime frame pieces vary from 3p to 150p at times. just gets very silly. the trade tab still needs to exist...but it will need to be what it has been called " trade tab". people who want to trade stance mod for another one or etc can still do so ( platinum option is still needed ) as this is needed as well.

Same here BUT I'd much prefer to use a different system (auction, player run shops or to be able to type what I want and just click "BUY")

player run shops.

for some reason i think of neopets. dont ask why, but i remember that they had a pretty good player shop system.

you could search a market or prices of things you wanted, then it would list what players had that item and you could go into that player's shop and buy that item, but you could also see the other items that player had for sale. "i need a loki prime hat, oh look Vioduskar is selling it!, lets go to his shop!" "hmm only 13plat? and he has a boltor prime BP here for 7 plat? might as well grab both!"

that system lead to both increased player sale, a solution for a trading chat channel, and a very handy way to lump all of your items for sale together.

overall a very good deal.

How about a system like Steam has for the community market? You place your item in at the price you want, and someone could buy it from there. But because those are fixed prices on steam, the person buying the item in WF has an option to send a reverse request asking for a better price. Kinda like:
Player A puts a Maxed Red. on the market for 30 plat.
Player B sends an offer of 25 plat.

Player A can accept it, or decline.

How about a system like Steam has for the community market? You place your item in at the price you want, and someone could buy it from there. But because those are fixed prices on steam, the person buying the item in WF has an option to send a reverse request asking for a better price. Kinda like:

Player A puts a Maxed Red. on the market for 30 plat.

Player B sends an offer of 25 plat.

Player A can accept it, or decline.

That is a pretty good option in my opinion. Even a simple Auction House would work for me though.

Well they did impose the "One post every minute and a half" or whatever limit, but that hasn't stopped people from filling up the entire chat page with one bigass post. Maybe a character limit too, to prevent people from hogging the chat window?

I'd rather they just stuck in a character count so we don't have those giant walls of text booting people up. I mean, I only sell one thing at a time, and with that two minute waiting period, some jerks wall of garbage isn't going to help me sell. Now an auction house, or something like it would be nice

Well, what about something like an auction house?

Players submit items to the auction at their wanted price and it gives other players the option of either buying the item at a buyout price or bid on the item for a chance at a lower price.

Thus allowing players to put unwanted items up for sale without actually having to stare at a wall of text for 3 hours.

This way you can play the game and get either an alert in mission or a mail outside of one to tell you if you sold something or not.

One of the games I used to play had a system like this and it was helpful when you wanted to sell something but didn't want to waste the time doing so.

The model Blizzard used for WoW's Auction House feels like it would be a great solution for solving the problems with Warframe's trading as it is now.

The trouble is that a system like this would cost take time and money to implement. Someone has to design all the GUIs, secure server space, write the code to make it all run...

I'm not sure DE is willing to spring for all that, even if it would be a big QoL improvement for the players. Most of the game's systems sit squarely in what I'd call "C-" territory; they're barely adequate, and DE either can't or won't invest the required input to make them better.

(U14 may very well change a good deal of that)

With all that bothersome thinking out of the way, I'd love to have a "Post it and Forget it" auction house. Even if it's something as limited as the system Steam uses for buying and selling Steam Trading Cards, I'd like it better than wading through spam and sinking lots of time in deals with strangers. I already do that all day for a living. I don't want to do it in my game time.