Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marelok?

Arabaxus

Question

It's not the gun that's OP. It's the MODS. 

Gun's don't kill everything, tenno kill everything. 

No, it is the gun. The mods are same for all guns and bigger default stats on the gun get bigger boosts from the percentage based mods...

Marelok is definitely my favorite secondary. It fits my playstyle very nicely! I love that it hits, shot for shot, almost exactly as hard as Brakk, and as others have said, it has greater accuracy/range than the Brakk. I love it!

Not sure if serious or sarcastic

Though probably the latter

Serious. Go to warframe builder and put in the same mods for both. Their DPS similar. There was also another gun balanced with it, but I cant remember which. Maybe Detron. I'm tired of this discussion. I proved it in other threads already.

Edit: I found my last post on the subject.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/229434-why-the-hell-is-the-marelok-more-powerful-than-the-grinlok-rifle-counterpartor-vice-versa-i-guessinside-parentheses-ftw/?p=2660090

Edited by Ribboz

Serious. Go to warframe builder and put in the same mods for both. Their DPS similar. There was also another gun balanced with it, but I cant remember which. Maybe Detron. I'm tired of this discussion. I proved it in other threads already.

Edit: I found my last post on the subject.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/229434-why-the-hell-is-the-marelok-more-powerful-than-the-grinlok-rifle-counterpartor-vice-versa-i-guessinside-parentheses-ftw/?p=2660090

Warframe Builder doesn't calculate DPS for Burst Fire weapons correctly dude. It says that Burston Prime is the best Primary weapon, but everyone knows that Boltor Prime is better.

EDIT: I prefer Brakk. Marelok does better dmg per shot, and is better for longer ranges. But, since I like to get close to my dudes, Brakk really fits for me. It also has better DPS than Marelok as well.

Edited by Yazeth

Use http://dpsframe.com/. Aside from me and other mathematicians that play Warframe, that is the most reliable open source calculator.

By the way, Brakk actually deals more damage per ammo due to superior critcal damage, on top of more damage per second.

The only advantage Marelok has over the Brakk is higher accuracy and no fall off damage at long range.

As a player that owns both, I would use Brakk when I am using a rifle primary and Marelok when using a shotgun primary. The reason is always having one weapon for long range and one weapon for close range.

Warframe Builder doesn't calculate DPS for Burst Fire weapons correctly dude. It says that Burston Prime is the best Primary weapon, but everyone knows that Boltor Prime is better.

I gave two other examples as well.

If DPS is similar but ammo efficiency is far higher, that's a clear enough advantage. Sustained is not as important as burst, assuming you complete combat within one mag, because you can reload before combat.

Also dpsframe has a similar problem with DPS calculations for burstfire weapons, it's just not as exaggerated.

If DPS is similar but ammo efficiency is far higher, that's a clear enough advantage. Sustained is not as important as burst, assuming you complete combat within one mag, because you can reload before combat.

That argument cant really be used when a majority of full auto guns would be deemed underpowered instantly.

Sure one has batter ammo efficiency, but this game has big ammo problems. They have yet to buff ammo drops. Not the quantity of drops but the quality of each ammo drop. Plus look at shotguns with their tiny ammo pool. I don't think the ammo efficiency alone can be cause to say one is OP. 

Edited by Ribboz

That argument cant really be used when a majority of full auto guns would be deemed underpowered instantly.

But they are. The Wraith Twin Vipers pulls more burst DPS than the Akbolto. Have you ever heard them recommended as an endgame worthy weapon? No, and the reason is ammo efficiency. I wont argue that ammo needs to be reworked (I sincerely think drops size should be based on clip size) but for now efficiency is a major selling point of hard hitting weapons like the Marelok.

Edited by Darzk

But they are. The Wraith Twin Vipers pulls more burst DPS than the Akbolto. Have you ever heard them recommended as an endgame worthy weapon? No, and the reason is ammo efficiency. I wont argue that ammo needs to be reworked (I sincerely think drops size should be based on clip size) but for now efficiency is a major selling point of hard hitting weapons like the Marelok.

This problem though isn't the guns themselves. Its the ammo drop problem that we both agree needs fixing, and the universal ammo caps. If every gun had it's own specific ammo cap would that balance it? 

Since the problem isn't in the guns, I still say it shouldn't be the sole argument to say one is better than the other. Sure its one factor. But just one.

We are trying to balance very different guns so they are relatively balance but each have their own purpose. You can't call one aspect out and say they're unbalanced. especially when the problem isn't in the gun itself.

Edited by Ribboz

This problem though isn't the guns themselves. Its the ammo drop problem that we both agree needs fixing, and the universal ammo caps. If every gun had it's own specific ammo cap would that balance it? 

It would be good that every weapon has their own ammo cap and how much ammo they pick up when picking up the right kind of ammo. Hopefully HEAVILY reducing aoe weapon ammo efficiency. Amprex is a good example how it should be in my opinion.

But not every weapon should have good ammo economy. Weapons like vipers should really get a buff to their burst dps however, making them a superior choice when you only need that burst for certain situations.

Sure one has batter ammo efficiency, but this game has big ammo problems. They have yet to buff ammo drops. Not the quantity of drops but the quality of each ammo drop. Plus look at shotguns with their tiny ammo pool. I don't think the ammo efficiency alone can be cause to say one is OP. 

No, he is correct. A firearm with less DPH, but more ROF is worse than a firearm with more DPH, but less ROF if that weapon with more DPH also does more DPS.

All sub-machine guns (machine guns that use pistol ammo) are unviable because they run out of ammo versus one horde and do less DPS than semi-automatics.

Assault rifles (machine guns that use rifle ammo) are able to remain somewhat viable because ammo is alot more plentiful and most of them deal more DPS except to the Latron Prime.

Shotguns, snipers, and bows are actually able to remain ammo efficient due to significantly higher damage per shot.