Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Creature Shadow Easter Egg (Revealed!)

Xandis

In reponse to the previous comment made about Mirage's story. It is very possible that the creature could be a "Sentient", but if that is the case, the Infesed themselves must be of "Sentient" decent. Which would very well meld with the lore of Warframe.

Let's look at what DE has told us and shown us already.

"Sentients" and the Orokin have been engaged in a heated war; the Orokin were losing badly. In order to counter them the Orokin created the Tenno. If you review Excalibur's codex entry it states "In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." These few were the Tenno most likely Orokin slaves sent to the void, corrupted and repurposed. They were sent to kill the "Sentients" and when they succeeded the Orokin celebrated with the massive parade, in which the Tenno assassinated the emperor and most if not all the other Orokin "When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever." Stalker was created by this. Ultimately from all this information lies the one convenient truth.

The Tenno killed the "Sentients", then the Tenno slept. The Tenno awaken and now the Infested are attacking, as much as restoring balance to the system is a good thing, I strongly believe that the Tenno are just following their original primary directive, the killing of the "Sentient" enemy.

That or I'm wrong, and the Tenno truely are evolving.

Wasn't there something called the J3-Golem before? It was replaced with either Salad V or Lephantis, I recall DE saying that they wanted to re-work it and re-implement it... Connections? It was supposedly created by the Orokin themselves, it was over centuries old, and DE said they wanted to re-work it in devstream 27, we're on 40 now. Anybody else agree?

(This might have been already discussed, I didn't check most of the pages on this thread)

Suddenly a lot less scary. It's just a big fish D:

Unless of course it's just a placeholder model for the sake of the shadow we can see from the other side of the window.

Edited by Grayphilosopher

Wait wait, hold on. Close inspection reveals it's very wormlike.

Mirage's first quest mission says she was fighting off worm-like creatures.

COINCIDENCE?! I THINK NOT.

Makes you wonder if the Tenno and the Infestation aren't the only lifeforms that survived the Old War...

On that note, I'm really pushing my brain to piece everything together about the end of the Old War and the Orokin demise... I'll have something at some point.

???? Its a statue, why such a reaction?

Have you not watched Doctor Who? That's a Weeping Angel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never seen ze Golem.

I started paying warframe around V11 or V12.

Ah. Golem was basically an oversized infested before Alad V came around, and eventually was "replaced" by Lephantis...but the lore is different for Lephantis, and DE decided they wanted to bring J3 Golem back. He's coming back as an archwing boss - and he's huge. Some of the concept art shows him being as large as a Corpus ship.