Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, U14 Was Not Ready To Be Released, And A Suggestion For Future Updates .

SteelBeetle

When they started releasing data about U14 and we started to know more about it, I was getting really excited for it. It looked really good and I couldn't wait to try it out when it finally released. 

Unfortunately, that all changed the moment I logged in and did the new prologue, after doing the prolugue. I started seeing some things that shouldn't be there and started to make me frustrated. The more I played, the more I noticed how much U14 was unstable.

No, it's not that bad of update in terms of additions. I like the new player ships, the new kubrow pets are cool, and the new Mirage warframe is amazing. The true problem with U14 is one thing: the bugs.

I have never seen the game this buggy to the point where it's almost unplayable. I thought to myself "they really let all of this through?" Even with the hotfix, the update is still plagued by numeroes bugs: random dc's, chat not working, missions crashing, the list goes on.

DE, this update was not ready to be released. It's not because the new additions are bad, it's because there's too many bugs than make it hard to play.

"But it's a beta, there's going to be bugs, and they'll patch it" That is not an excuse to release a patch in an unstable state. A new update should at least be playable to not prevent frustration and negativity.

DE should change how they handle their updates. Instead of having a set release date to get an update out, it should just be worked on until they know for sure it's done, then release it within the next day or two, NOT release it by a specific date no matter the state of it. It alleviates pressure for getting the update out, and it gives a sense of surprise, because we'd never know when it comes out until it's very close to being released.

TLDR, the new update should've been delayed longer and DE should start handling the release of new updates in a different way.

There are just my thoughts. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Edited by SteelBeetle

This update should have been released on Monday, so that they have the whole week to fix.

Not that I disagree... but you do realize every single major update has been marred with these sorts of major bugs right?

Also, this.

The problem is people would have complained endlessly if it was released a bit later. Thats how the cycle goes.

If DE takes longer then normal to polish an update people complain and  then when its buggy people freak out and tear DE a new one.

Double standards and greedy milk.

I agree to an extent, It was probably way buggier then it should have been. But we are all beta testers, its part of playing the game in beta. Its not possible for them to find some bugs.

It should occur to players that DE probably didn't have the trouble we all had when they were testing it in the security and stability of the office.

DE will never be able to win regardless of how they handle it.

Either way the player base needs to chill and realise that any huge issues will be fixed asap. 

Its just a game and not the end of the world if issues arise.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

they cant find all the bug only by themselve sometime you need to release it even if its bugged to find the problem and fixed it 

The problem is people would have complained endlessly if it was released a bit later. Thats how the cycle goes.

If DE takes longer then normal to polish an update people complain and  then when its buggy people freak out and tear DE a new one.

Double standards and greedy milk.

I agree to an extent, It was probably way buggier then it should have been. But we are all beta testers, its part of playing the game in beta. Its not possible for them to find some bugs.

It should occur to players that DE probably didn't have the trouble we all had when they were testing it in the security and stability of the office.

DE will never be able to win regardless of how they handle it.

Either way the player base needs to chill and realise that any huge issues will be fixed asap. 

Its just a game and not the end of the world if issues arise.

while it's true that some bugs are weird and really hard to find/replicate, from what i'm seeing from all the threads that complain is that to find the majority of these bugs you just... had to play the quests. they weren't hidden bugs in a corner of space, but stuff that slapped you in the face as you walked.

that kind of bugs shouldn't exist even at beta levels. that sounds more like an alpha.

This update is by far their biggest update in terms of things added and number of game breaking bugs.

I am torn between my frustration with it and my understanding that computers are like snowflakes; no two are the same and there will be a gamut of problems once a patch is released.

I will say that I have a hard time believing that they couldn't have easily noticed many of these bugs in house before launch; most notably roughly 1/4 times I access the armory the navigation function no longer works until I restart the client and the numerous problems with broken quests (although I chalk the latter up to the fact that questing in of itself is a tacked on feature coming late in the game).

there's some major oversights as well; such as the lack of communication regarding quests being accessed in the codex and what deactivated terminals in ships actually do as well as making it so that frames can actually BLOCK your view of your mods when trying to manage them (cool for immersion, unreasonably frustrating for actual use) But those are mostly forgivable because they don't actually prevent you from playing.

You realize, it's published to FIND the bugs right?

*FACEPALM*

some ppl cant understand such simple logic only because they think with a bad feeling like anger and make them narrow minded so they dont even see 

Not that I disagree... but you do realize every single major update has been marred with these sorts of major bugs right?

I'm sorry but could you name for us some of the bugs/issues with U13 that plagued the game at release? 'Cus I really can't remember any. Not even U12 to be frank.

You realize, it's published to FIND the bugs right?

*FACEPALM*

DE has the founders

DE has the design council

^ ppl who deserve to have more of a role.

these ppl are still regular players who can test this stuff before the normal masses even see the new updates/patches, they can at least help find the obvious issues DE missed or didnt consider (bad UI etc) and whatever they cant find THEN we can find the hopefully smaller issues once its gone live to every1 else.

this would lead to less forumrage.

Edited by Methanoid

Finding bugs is fine, but the Kubrow is a money sink.  There is a LOT of platinum charges on it.  You don't ask people to pay real live money for the privilege of testing your game.  Some of the bugs (from what I hear, if your kubrow dies in mission right now, you lose it permanently) involve possible lost platinum expenses, and this is not acceptable.

"But it's a beta, there's going to be bugs, and they'll patch it" That is not an excuse to release a patch in an unstable state. A new update should at least be playable to not prevent frustration and negativity.

According to their steam page Warframe was Out of Open Beta for over a year ago (March 25th to be exact) so the "It's Beta" is no longer valid.  We be live folks!

Back on topic, I like the new UI it dose need to be shrunk down tho.  The mods you own can't be seen threw your "Frame's" head.  The bugs mentioned above, the broken mission.  They should have done this update in "waves" so they could have fixed what was broke as it came instead of now having a, basically, back to beta mess, but as said earlier.  This apparently is SoP for the Devs.

Perhaps if the gamers didnt have such a voracious appetite to just consume and consume content, DE wouldnt feel the need to shove something out the door every week.

But ya gotta have all those new twankles now now now. 

There were posts up within AN HOUR complaining about "how long do they have to wait for a doggie."

NEVER sated, not even for an hour... 

When they started releasing data about U14 and we started to know more about it, I was getting really excited for it. It looked really good and I couldn't wait to try it out when it finally released. 

Unfortunately, that all changed the moment I logged in and did the new prologue, after doing the prolugue. I started seeing some things that shouldn't be there and started to make me frustrated. The more I played, the more I noticed how much U14 was unstable.

No, it's not that bad of update in terms of additions. I like the new player ships, the new kubrow pets are cool, and the new Mirage warframe is amazing. The true problem with U14 is one thing: the bugs.

I have never seen the game this buggy to the point where it's almost unplayable. I thought to myself "they really let all of this through?" Even with the hotfix, the update is still plagued by numeroes bugs: random dc's, chat not working, missions crashing, the list goes on.

DE, this update was not ready to be released. It's not because the new additions are bad, it's because there's too many bugs than make it hard to play.

DE should change how they handle their updates. Instead of having a set release date to get an update out, it should just be worked on until they know for sure it's done, then release it within the next day or two, NOT release it by a specific date no matter the state of it. It alleviates pressure for getting the update out, and it gives a sense of surprise, because we'd never know when it comes out until it's very close to being released.

TLDR, the new update should've been delayed longer and DE should start handling the release of new updates in a different way.

There are just my thoughts. What are your thoughts on the matter?

People kept begging for U14 to release even though it wasn't ready, so they got what they asked for basically.

One of the problems is that as a smaller studio DE can't afford to hire legions of testers. They can only do so much testing on their own, one of the reasons this game is still in beta is because we are technically all beta testers for their product.

According to their steam page Warframe was Out of Open Beta for over a year ago (March 25th to be exact) so the "It's Beta" is no longer valid.  We be live folks!

No, the game is still in open beta. You're probably misinterpreting that date for  CLOSED beta.

Edited by SteelBeetle

Welp, bugs in a game can be okay if they are not gamebreaking. U14 has loads of gamebreaking ones that were hilariously frustrating. It just looks like the devs were rushing to meet a deadline they probably shouldn't have announced and dump them on players to sort out the bugs. Oh, and pay for plat at the same time for shiny stuff.

And please don't bother bringing up 'Open Beta'. At this point, that phrase is just a flimsy excuse. After however many updates, you would think that DE has learned. Unfortunately, the same thing happens after every single update, bugs that were just plain bad. Not what you would expect for public consumption, beta or not.

while it's true that some bugs are weird and really hard to find/replicate, from what i'm seeing from all the threads that complain is that to find the majority of these bugs you just... had to play the quests. they weren't hidden bugs in a corner of space, but stuff that slapped you in the face as you walked.

that kind of bugs shouldn't exist even at beta levels. that sounds more like an alpha.

im just asking because of im curious,

have you played game in alpha, what we have going on in u14 is nothing like an alpha.

having been in around 30 alpha at this point and about to start 2 more tomorrow

and having been in endless amounts of open beta and closed beta.

i know what an alpha game is like, and of course ive played games in alpha that are better then games in beta.

but that is rarity, im just saying its tad insulting to DE to even suggest this is alpha like in its problems.

its really not at all. not even close.

Welp, bugs in a game can be okay if they are not gamebreaking. U14 has loads of gamebreaking ones that were hilariously frustrating. It just looks like the devs were rushing to meet a deadline they probably shouldn't have announced and dump them on players to sort out the bugs. Oh, and pay for plat at the same time for shiny stuff.

And please don't bother bringing up 'Open Beta'. At this point, that phrase is just a flimsy excuse. After however many updates, you would think that DE has learned. Unfortunately, the same thing happens after every single update, bugs that were just plain bad. Not what you would expect for public consumption, beta or not.

lol everyone says you cant bring up its open beta, actually yes we can, that the point.

ive been in endless open and closed beta's and ive done 30 alpha's

im starting two more tomorrow.

but all this complaining needs to stop.

suggesting DE isn't doing their job is an insane statement.

im not sure what the majority if the fanbase expects or if they just cant handle everything not being perfect.

"chuckle" welcome to life if that's the case.

but moving on,

first of all, its impossible, and i mean impossible as it can never be done ever by humans.

to find and fix and solve every issues in a game, from bugs, crashes, errors and blocking ways to hack or cheat.

it just cant be done.

as the ways this can happen are endless and often the same bug can happen to many many people but not have the same source when it comes to the coding and deeper things like that.

example is there is bug that was nosgoth for long time but one simple thing for alot of people fixed it yet it remained for large group

perfection in a game is not possible to attain.

even triple A billion dollar games that have a company behind them has an endless amount of funds has games that have tons of errors, glitches, bugs, crashing and everything in between.

example BF 3 and 4,

the last 4 COD

gears of war 2 and 3 had it bad

many online fighting games have it bad still

tons of indie games.

both bastion and transistor have them still in ways

my point being is this is gaming, welcome to it.

and any game that isn't out of beta is always going to have alot.

hell even games way out of beta can have this.

this isn't a sure science, you cant possibly

find and fix it all, just not a doable task.

plus frankly the game is free, no right to ever complain there

this is what it means to play game still in beta and too many games even out of beta are alot worse then this.

this fanbase seems to expect an odd level of absolute perfection that frankly

has not

will not

nor is it even possible for it to exist in games that aren't way out of beta.

and yet if DE had held onto the update way longer a, all we would have it *@##$ing on that and guess what

if DE held 14 for two more years

the chances of bugs and things happening are still 100 percent there

most bugs cant even be found until they release it as that's the best way to find them.

frankly im very glad alpha's aren't easy to get into it.

id lose my mind trying to work on alpha's with 98 percent of this fanbase.

it makes me wonder how they go through life.

do they lose their mind over spilled glass of milk?

it sure seem that way.

there is reason the saying is no use in crying over spilled milk.

i think alot of this community needs to either grow up and understand technology isn't perfect and understand how hard it actually is to make game at all and have it work.

and that DE is doing a very good job. ive seen far far worse.

considering their game is also free to play.

if they cant,

frankly id rather they leave, seeing as they bring nothing to the table but pointless crying and whining when something didn't make isn't perfect that they didn't have to pay for unless they wanted things super easy or had extra cash just sitting around.

i mean really.

its rather immature.

its why i keep going away from this game.

the community both here and in region chat it seems is 98 percent whining and crying,

people that seem like they lose it over the simplest of things in life and who when their called out on in

scream and *@##$ more.

frankly its just vexing to the point of these people ruin this game.

in short. 98 percent of this fanbase for the game needs to either grow up.

or kindly F*** off. your really not wanted here if this all you bring.

better to have small fanbase of decent people then a large fanbase of A******s and jerks who cry for every details not understanding how hard making game even work at all is.

this is all i have to say on the matter

One of the problems is that as a smaller studio DE can't afford to hire legions of testers. They can only do so much testing on their own, one of the reasons this game is still in beta is because we are technically all beta testers for their product.

Do they? I think getting volunteers from the Design Council members (and primarily the Founders) to help beta test the upcoming features would be a great start in insuring a better update release, with restrictions of NDAs applied of course.