Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Need Behavior Control

Instinction

Kubrows need a behavior setting like in other mmo's with summonable pets/minions.

The thing I'm speaking of is the little menu for the minion that sets it to Attack Mode, Defense Mode, Tactical Mode, Passive Mode. This a feature that really really is needed for Kubrows.

My suggestions would follow these lines:

-----

Attack: Kubrow uses all skills available to him and actively seeks out enemies to kill.

Defense: Kubrow will only attack enemies that are actively targeting it's master, and will otherwise only use defensive/tactical abilities.

Tactical: Kubrow will only target enemies that it's master has attacked, leaving a sort of "fire-and-forget" feature for it's master to utilize.

-Example; Tenno is enganged by several Grineer at once all attacking the Tenno, Kubrow will not engage any hostiles, and will only use defensive abilities. Tenno sees Napalm Grineer and fires a shot or two at it. Kubrow will then actively seek and destroy 1st enemy attacked by it's master until that enemy is dead. Tenno may go on to target and kill other enemies while Kubrow engages single target until target is dead.

Passive mode: Kubrow will not target any enemies, regardless of master's state, and will only utilize defensive/tactical abilities.

-----

{The keys to select which "mode" the Kubrow is in should be bindable to to any key the player wishes to set it to, possible default could be F1-F4 or maybe 7,8,9,0. If that couldn't work, or that conflicts with PS4, possibly a button or key that you hold down which then brings up a context menu that then allows you to use 1-4 (power/skill keys) to select mode}

What do you guys think of a system like this? Do you think it would be worth while to have implemented?

Please discuss and stay on topic as much as possible to prevent locking.

I was literally thinking the same exact thing, on defense missions defend area. Hold on command because they are low on health and you want them to regen it.

Yup, I agree.

yup true also i would like to stop letting my kubrow run randomly off to some enemie close by then i lose hi mand suddenly he died .. .also the bleeding out S#&$thing is bugged as hell doesnt work for a bit also i can not invcreasy the meter since my kubrow died once ... de plz do smthing about it 

Edited by Thomasvlie1

Kubrows need a behavior setting like in other mmo's with summonable pets/minions.

The thing I'm speaking of is the little menu for the minion that sets it to Attack Mode, Defense Mode, Tactical Mode, Passive Mode. This a feature that really really is needed for Kubrows.

My suggestions would follow these lines:

-----

Attack: Kubrow uses all skills available to him and actively seeks out enemies to kill.

Defense: Kubrow will only attack enemies that are actively targeting it's master, and will otherwise only use defensive/tactical abilities.

Tactical: Kubrow will only target enemies that it's master has attacked, leaving a sort of "fire-and-forget" feature for it's master to utilize.

-Example; Tenno is enganged by several Grineer at once all attacking the Tenno, Kubrow will not engage any hostiles, and will only use defensive abilities. Tenno sees Napalm Grineer and fires a shot or two at it. Kubrow will then actively seek and destroy 1st enemy attacked by it's master until that enemy is dead. Tenno may go on to target and kill other enemies while Kubrow engages single target until target is dead.

Passive mode: Kubrow will not target any enemies, regardless of master's state, and will only utilize defensive/tactical abilities.

-----

{The keys to select which "mode" the Kubrow is in should be bindable to to any key the player wishes to set it to, possible default could be F1-F4 or maybe 7,8,9,0. If that couldn't work, or that conflicts with PS4, possibly a button or key that you hold down which then brings up a context menu that then allows you to use 1-4 (power/skill keys) to select mode}

What do you guys think of a system like this? Do you think it would be worth while to have implemented?

Please discuss and stay on topic as much as possible to prevent locking.

+1 i totally agree cause when u are doing high lvl stuff to get xp for it they just run around and get killed easily while u already made defensive moves(like big globe so u see when its shield drop and can kill enemy fast enough)

Definitely needed, especially for sahasa.  It's a digger pet, it's better suited for finding things for you rather than attacking, and I'd rather mine go off and dig up stuff while I impale infested through the face with a sword made of fire.

Make it so passive mode lets your pet use non-combative moves (Scavange, Dig, etc.) and you've got something awesome.

As a Hunter in WoW, I agree with this notion. We need to have a more tactical command over our Kubrow companions. In a sentinel, it's understandable the fact it just attacks any enemy that gets in range, it is a floating turret after all, but a Kubrow doesn't need that high level of autonomy, we should be able to instruct it in some manner. Why not have some keybinds for the different instructions? Like Shift+F do stay or something like that.

As a Hunter in WoW, I agree with this notion. We need to have a more tactical command over our Kubrow companions. In a sentinel, it's understandable the fact it just attacks any enemy that gets in range, it is a floating turret after all, but a Kubrow doesn't need that high level of autonomy, we should be able to instruct it in some manner. Why not have some keybinds for the different instructions? Like Shift+F do stay or something like that.

The problem is, that while this would be all fine and dandy for a PC, how would they port something like that over to PS4 controller with only a limited number of buttons? I guess maybe they could attach it to the gear panel, and have the gear panel have two menus that you could switch between. One for gear as per norm, and then press r1 or l1 to switch to Kubrow commands.

• 1 month later...

A button to command your Kubrow to do things (Move here, attack that, OPEN THE FREAKING LOCKER ALREADY!) would be a great addition.  If Half Life 2 can have NPC commands for the 2 missions they're actually relevant, I'd hope that a game trying to add actual permanent companions could do so as well.

So you as players can even do LESS work? And this is a good idea because?

Then comes requests to order Specters around, then Sentinels, because I'm pretty sure technological constructs connected directly to our Frames comms systems should be easier to order around then a dog.

Edited by DSpite

It wouldn't really be LESS work.  It'd be a way to actually have your free-roaming companion do specific things when you want it to.  Being able to order Spectres around would actually be pretty awesome too, good idea.  Sentinels don't really need it as they're currently set up, because they can't move away from you and their attack routine is already more or less working.

Particularly nice would be a way to order Kubrow to move so you can get them to stop humping a Boss's leg when it's about to murder them with a giant AoE attack.

If it's supposed to be a companion, it should really be more interactive.

Then comes requests to order Specters around, then Sentinels, because I'm pretty sure technological constructs connected directly to our Frames comms systems should be easier to order around then a dog.

Don't really follow your reasoning on how this is more/less work. The amount of "work" the player has to do has nothing to do with it.

And yeah, ordering Spectres would be cool too, but this a thread about Kubrows, and Kubrow behaviours were mentioned last devstream, so let's stay on target.

I like this, I like it a lot! :)

I'd like this to extend to Sentinels (with an attack precept overhaul of course) and possibly Specters too. Maybe even all controlled AI (such as Shadow of the Dead or Mind Control targets)?

Further idea: A 5th command setting, which is independant of the other 4 commands, which I'd like to call "Waypoint Toggle". This, while toggled on, causes your Kubrow/Sentinel/Specter to follow your Waypoint command (as priority #1, and its other setting of Attack/Defense/Tactical/Passive as priority #2). Marking an enemy means it should attack the target, while marking the ground causes it to go there.

Anything maybe you'd like to add as well? :)

Totally at elast the basic ones like attack market target, Defend this place and the classical Stay quiet

Becouse watching my kubrow getting killed doing nothing by a heavy unit its fun

Edited by Dasmir