Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Was Volt Made A Starter Frame Again?

ArgonTheFox

Well, I started as a Loki.  It was pretty painful at first, but after I got the Strun and mods, it wasn't that bad.  I actually survived longer in most missions than my teamates (invisibility OP).

I agree that Loki shouldn't be a starter frame with how the tutorial is set up, but I don't see why the replacment had to be Volt.  Yes, he was a starter frame in the past, but I think that he is too close to Mag in base playstyle (Caster/Support).  I would reccomend Ash (Stealth/Melee), or Oberon (Heal/Support) over Volt.

Also, according to Dev Stream #33, DE is open to changing the starting frames around after the dust settles from Update 14.

Oberon are you insane? That warframe would auto slaughter if there were 500 of them. Volt is a warframe that uses power over weapons why mag is not.

while changing loki with his steep learning curve made sense, im sure it had more to do with getting people who can pay to buy loki prime because they can't get teh regular with ease.

volt seems one of the most straigh forward to use frames to me:

you got one offensive power which you use when you try to kill.

what may be the best buff in game.

a shield to cover yourself.

and a direct damage ultimate.

its hard to master  but easy to use

while changing loki with his steep learning curve made sense, im sure it had more to do with getting people who can pay to buy loki prime because they can't get teh regular with ease.

volt seems one of the most straigh forward to use frames to me:

you got one offensive power which you use when you try to kill.

what may be the best buff in game.

a shield to cover yourself.

and a direct damage ultimate.

its hard to master  but easy to use

exactly :)