Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dna Imprints? What A Load Of Kubrow Droping...

Trickster-_-

The different kubrows aren't different subraces of the kubrow, they are personalities. Personalities can change even if you use the same DNA.

That's not what the codex says, it specifically refers to them as strains, e.g. the Sunika: "It was not long after the Orokin guard began experimenting with strains designed for combat". Likewise, the Huras and Sahasa are referred to as adapted/developed strains.

That said, it doesn't bother me too much even if it's not at all realistic. Simply due to the way the breeding system "works" and the two imprint limit. The breed is the least random trait. if you have a mutt with a fur pattern you want but don't like its breed, you can atleast potentially take two imprints from the same animal to try and transfer to a new generation and so on until you get the mutt you really want with a one-in-four chance.

As it stands, it's not remotely viable to try selectively breeding for traits you want from two separate mutts simply due to the two imprint limit per doge, since it means that even traits you're deliberately trying to encourage can essentially go extinct and cause the entire bloodline to fail within the very first generation (which is just plain silly). The other killer of breeding (currently) is the fact that mutts with traits you don't want will clog up your stasis inventory forevah. :-/

I actually hoped that they would allow us to actually splice some genes and make crossbreeds instead of just colourmixes.

Obviously that was just another unreasonable expectation.

If we could've been able to mix for example Raksa and Huras to get a breed that can access both skills and gets 50% of both their stats, that would've been way more interesting to me.

But for now I feel that imprints are just a waste.

I definitely agree with the above you don't mix a lion with a lion and get a lamb that's just stupid logic on their part, let us hope it's a bug of some sort because I would hate to think this is what they intended. If they are going for the whole logical immersion thing then they really need to look at their science and not make it as someone stated above Kubrow transmutation.

It's is not TYPE it's just TEMPERAMENT

TEMPERAMENT_X + TEMPERAMENT_X = RANDOM_TEMPERAMENT

This is true for any species include Human.

Edited by Keetsune

Actually, if you read the codex entries, it refers to them as specific strains of DNA. aka type.

And beyond that, at the end of the day this is a video game. Real life logic doesn't apply nor does it excuse a poorly thought out system that is more frustrating than fun.

i'm sorry to hear you wasted that much plat, from your post i take it you used all that before the recessive trait patch, that is why i actually try to wait for things settle before spending plat, but i would actually had liked the chance to pass my Sunika a RNG he can't get worse.

I can see buying the egg, 10 plat. Even the starter kit, 65. that's 75 p, ok. Maybe my own impatience makes me rush it for another...what was it 15-25. But I read where someone said they spent 500 p on an rng color they hoped to get. OMG. Im glad I manage my own plat like I do real money. sorry someone could lose so much but there's a certain level of common sense that sould have kicked in by the 2nd 100 plat that got wasted. If I blew that much then I should be &!$$ed at myself just as much as the game. Sorry if this offends anyone cause I never have that intention so I used myself as an example and no names of anyone else. If I did then im sorry, but I hope that someone remembers to kick themselves for not spending more wisely.

for me only the 15p to rush hatching made sense, the starter kit is not worth it as you most likely wont feed or make imprints of an ugly race you didn't  want he will end up in a freezer, so you only need the egg that is easy to get and the power core

Wow, suddenly I feel very lucky I got a sunika from the two sunika imprints I traded for.

i don't my first was a white sunika... that soon became grey with green spots hes awful

Yes but u can pick a human.

you are missing scale from "race" to "species"

more or less but if they would give us a 25% chance of same type or so it would still be good

i also decided to stop breeding kubrows until i get a "Dispose Of" Button

OYE

Some of you guys have gone completely off track ..

Come back to the topic LOL

'pick a human' hahaha

man we are talkin bout our precious imprints or other's precious imprints which we have , thinking it will give us the exact same breed or smae pattern, when we waste our precious platinum, to rush the incubation or hatching or breeding process or imprinting on templates process,

BUT instead we are getting ripped off of our platinum in the false hopes of a desired kubrow puppy which then tuens into a tall skinny looking donkey with giraffe neck and olive oil's legs?

Till now when i started the topic here it was just 12-13 kubrows.. now i have 28 + kubrows , puppies in the stasis chambers... most of which are exact copies even without use of imprints (random breedin

And MAN OH MAN , the amount of time wasted for kubrows just to get out of an egg , to get out of  incubation , to get out of stasis chamber, to get out of recovery.... blah blah blah... all the 10 plat rushes made just in one day is so annoying.

Still no answers to our tenno prayers..

better yet we got a firewall bug now which has screwd our chats and no more warframe co op gaming..

BORING weekend? we all used to look forward to having weekends cause it meant warframe time..

EEESH..

Till now when i started the topic here it was just 12-13 kubrows.. now i have 28 + kubrows , puppies in the stasis chambers... most of which are exact copies even without use of imprints (random breedin

Wow... 28+ Kubrows? This is getting insane... I stopped after my 14th... and then made my review and suggestions:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-a-genetic-forge-using-specific-trait-cards/

To be honest I weren't that fond of Kubrows to begin with, but I wanted to give it a shot because it sounded interesting in concept and to prove me different but.. well... nope. xD

I don't mind my wasted Plat though, because it helped proving my point. It is a high-roller Veteran-toy.

One can only hope for them to implement a more deterministic way to get a Kubrow you like... xD

Edited by MeduSalem

that's how it works in real life..

you cant play god you can only play tenno

Yeah but this is a video game... and not Caesars Palace.

I literally didn't sign up and invested money to help DE founding a money printing gambling machine. I signed up because when the game started out it was a decent and fair free 2 play game among many not so fair f2p games.

If this is what the game is turning to I pretty much feel scamed and my good will abused because with the money I invested I could have probably made a little gambling app for Smartphones myself and make a good profit of that.

Edited by MeduSalem

Yeah but this is a video game... and not Caesars Palace.

I literally didn't sign up and invested money to help DE founding a money printing gambling machine. I signed up because when the game started out it was a decent and fair free 2 play game among many not so fair f2p games.

If this is what the game is turning to I pretty much feel scamed and my good will abused because with the money I invested I could have probably made a little gambling app for Smartphones myself and make a good profit of that.

i get what your saying but i think DE added this to boost your chances not give you what you want just like that. But i guess they could boost the effect.

i get what your saying but i think DE added this to boost your chances not give you what you want just like that. But i guess they could boost the effect.

I pretty much think the same... It shouldn't handle you out stuff "for free" just like that. You should have to do something in order to earn the stuff you want or just to have some patience.

But this can also be done in a deterministic way and you only have to pay for convenience. So if you want your eggs breeding faster... rush it. If you want the imprint scanning to be finished... rush it. If you want the isolating of some traits you like to be finished faster... rush it. And so on. Also there can be some resources involved during those processes so you have to grind for something in order to earn it.

Also they can always add the option to buy stuff straight from the market and make a good profit of that. They shouldn't need to resort on random tricks to make people waste more Platinum when the only way to get some stuff is already by investing Platinum.

They can resort to gambling for Credits all they want... much the way Mod Transmutation works... but when people already have to invest Platinum to either get more Stasis Slots to breed on their own or to get overprized Imprints in the Trade Channel... then the result should be deterministic because you paid for that convenience. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

i suggest waiting for DE to fix the whole kubrow delivery/dispatch system.

DNA imprints should 100% transfer over breed AND looks this way: 1st imprint for breed and second for pattern. futuristic space ninjas should have the technological prowess to do it.

Colouring should be customisable.

Allow us to make more than 2 imprints/kubrow. at least 6 would be ok.

Have a quest/mission type to release kubrows into the wild or make a dojo kubrow room that we can use to retire unwanted kubrows.

Make it possible to buy purebred eggs from the market for plat guaranteeing specific breeds. (something like random egg 10p purebred 100p)

If the kubrow dies permanently make it leave behind a genetic sample that we can use to breed it back to life.

Remove stasis recovery time or make it 10m (rush for 5p).

Make it possible to also rush maturing with plat.

i think that should fix all the major issues and make kubrows fun

i suggest waiting for DE to fix the whole kubrow delivery/dispatch system.

DNA imprints should 100% transfer over breed AND looks this way: 1st imprint for breed and second for pattern. futuristic space ninjas should have the technological prowess to do it.

Colouring should be customisable.

Allow us to make more than 2 imprints/kubrow. at least 6 would be ok.

Have a quest/mission type to release kubrows into the wild or make a dojo kubrow room that we can use to retire unwanted kubrows.

Make it possible to buy purebred eggs from the market for plat guaranteeing specific breeds. (something like random egg 10p purebred 100p)

If the kubrow dies permanently make it leave behind a genetic sample that we can use to breed it back to life.

Remove stasis recovery time or make it 10m (rush for 5p).

Make it possible to also rush maturing with plat.

i think that should fix all the major issues and make kubrows fun

I completely agree ..

especially with the 10 plat random egg and 100 plat pure bred egg also if the patter was to be chosen that wud be great too lol

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if you read the codex entries, it refers to them as specific strains of DNA. aka type.

And beyond that, at the end of the day this is a video game. Real life logic doesn't apply nor does it excuse a poorly thought out system that is more frustrating than fun.

And we breed dogs from eggs here :) 

I've hatched 6 eggs and still missing Sahasa...DE really needs to rework the hatching system.

Buy two sahasa prints from a player if you are specifically going for a sahasa. 

If you are going to keep rolling random you are going to have to wait some time.