Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

Does pure white color still exist for kubrows after the color fix?  The closest thing I've seen is a light grey and on the Trading Post people are constantly claiming white colors but it's almost always brown or grey. 

Does gender matter regarding body types because whenever I have gotten a kubrow pup that was female. It has always either been a curvy body shape or a muscular/bulky body.

I think females are fluffier, which gives them a more buff appearance.  In certain map lighting the fur has a transparent effect and you can see the true contours of their body, which looks exactly like a male's. 

Does pure white color still exist for kubrows after the color fix?  The closest thing I've seen is a light grey and on the Trading Post people are constantly claiming white colors but it's almost always brown or grey. 

I think females are fluffier, which gives them a more buff appearance.  In certain map lighting the fur has a transparent effect and you can see the true contours of their body, which looks exactly like a male's. 

Thanks for the info and I'm not sure if there is a white kubrow either because I haven't seen anything that looks white, only gray

dxlGOLl.jpg?1

The one on the left is mine. He's a Huras, normal build, very tall. Stripes. Blue main color and I think grey stripes. I think his other color must be grey when I compare him to the tiger-striped Kubrow above with three colors.

The one in the middle is an imprint I got from someone, don't know the breed. Lotus marks, and looked like same brown for main and another color, maybe gray stripes? Hard to tell on imprint screen. The puppy is the result. Maintained lotus marks. Although dark brown, grey, and brown.

Anyone willing to trade 1 imprint for 1 imprint? Like a lotus to lotus, hopefully one of a different color.

Edit: She grew up. She's huge.

LWKVAnA.jpg

Edited by Izchi

I have been thinking about these paterns, trying to classify them.

Since this seems to be the only characteristics that has a chance of reproducing, we better classify them first.

That is sometimes hard to do because of the faint colors and/or bad color combo's.

I even think that if you have 3rd or 4th generation kubrows the patterns do mix a little,

But for now, I am at 6 root patterns. I classify them as follows:

1- Tiger: continues stripes like a tiger, from the neck to the back leg.

2- Doge: Like a Dog print, continues patch, like a coat with open spots/patches in different color

3- Fox: Like a Doge, but with different legs color.

4- Okapi: striped zebra legs only and head and neck in different color

5- Hyena: spotted with or without legs colored

6- Lotus: lotus mark on head and some stripes of the same color on the front (chest/legs)

S3G6WjN.jpg

^

I think you might've missed the Camo(?) pattern that the Raksa has in the codex.

Also, this is a pretty awesome thread guys. I haven't had the chance to breed my Kubrows yet, but I'll be sure to post my results here when I do.

I have been thinking about these paterns, trying to classify them.

Since this seems to be the only characteristics that has a chance of reproducing, we better classify them first.

That is sometimes hard to do because of the faint colors and/or bad color combo's.

I even think that if you have 3rd or 4th generation kubrows the patterns do mix a little,

But for now, I am at 6 root patterns. I classify them as follows:

1- Tiger: continues stripes like a tiger, from the neck to the back leg.

2- Doge: Like a Dog print, continues patch, like a coat with open spots/patches in different color

3- Fox: Like a Doge, but with different legs color.

4- Okapi: striped zebra legs only and head and neck in different color

5- Hyena: spotted with or without legs colored

6- Lotus: lotus mark on head and some stripes of the same color on the front (chest/legs)

S3G6WjN.jpg

IGreat graphic.  So i guess it's not possible to get cross patterns like Lotus head with Okapi body, then?

Finally got a breedling.

print1: Sahasa male

pattern: Tiger stripes, light blue

body: medium, skinny

colors: white and grey/greenish?

print 2: Huras male

pattern: Doggy style blue

body: small muscular

colors: brown/black and white legs

Result: Huras male

pattern: Tiger stripes grey/greenish?

body: large and muscular (! totally random ?)

colors: blue 

2946qU4.jpg

The imprint screenshots does not show the tiger paterns well, therefore i added some screenshots from the incubator/ship to see the profiles better.

So far my smurf look of the 2nd imprint is not dominant, the tiger stripes are dominant over doggy pattern. Maybe the body colors are, but the blue was also in the 1st imprint.

Finally got some login cycles free to do an experiment, so this is what I did.

Male Raksa

wj3xlVbl.jpg

Male Huras

n3SyWJtl.jpg

Result:  Female Raksa

1yj9AoF.jpg

Her name is Pajamas because...well, she's wearing pajamas.  She even has a little red tail poking out.  She's got dark blue stripes on her legs and back, but it's kind of hard to see it against the pure black fur.  I think the stripes will stand out more with the lighting on different worlds.  Cutest cub ever.

He's also the smallest height lol.

------------------

Lost the screenshots of the parent imprints I used for this next incubation but I'll describe them.

Imprint 1: light grey coat with black lotus pattern, black chest/back stripes, medium build, Raksa type

Imprint 2:  dark blue color with blood red splotches/spots all over, medium build, ??? type

result: female RaksaKomKabS.jpg

I was surprised that the grey patch with the black lotus symbol was kept intact along with the chest/back stripes.  It took the secondary red color of the second imprint as it's primary color, too.  It's also really tall.

how much for the dog??!?

Just wanted to report something I found when re-using the same two imprints over and over...

Keep in mind this is my experience and may need testing...

- First puppy was of medium size

-Second was tall size

third was small size...

I think there might be a cycle here. - also the gender seemed to alternate but I like the rest of you think it is just 50/50...

Still though - something you guys may want to test out!...

Breeding my 4th will let you all know what the size comes out as.

you wont always get the same result by doing the same combo of imprints. in fact i havent gotten the same dog at all doing it that way, both offspring have always been different for me.

one such process,

cgAXrc0.jpg

Edited by SUMA