Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Kubrows Invincible To Lasers, Arc Traps Etc.

Psycomet

I like all of these. They double as early warning signs if the player is attentive, too, and having a kubrow destroy traps quickly would be a good incentive to bring one along.

One other trap to remember is Hive mission lasers, which can't be destroyed. Kubrows would just have to power through these, and avoid standing in them for longer than a few damage tics. Fortunately, they're not too damaging.

To be honest, I haven't done hive missions yet. :(  But yeah, any laser or hazard that can't be destroyed the Kubrow will wimper at and avoid until their master runs through them, in which case they do the same.

The idea is that if it's suppose to be a dog, make it act like one.  Dogs don't stand in arcs of lightning.  Hell, my dogs bark at rocks and are afraid of chairs.  They're animals of hunting, and as such are cautious and calculated.  I'd love it if they also attacked enemies going for the alarms or distracted enemies while you snuck up and stabbed them, but baby steps....

While we're at it, let's make Tenno invicible to arc traps as well. Absolutely ridiculous.

It's either that, or program a smart AI, guess which one's easier in the short term.

Not that DE is good at AI, enemies are still as dumb as they were one year ago.

I think arc traps should be removed, I don't mind dying to laser traps(it's possible to dodge them using player skill) and I don't mind dying to enemies, but dying over and over to an auto aim trap that can't be blocked, dodged or otherwise avoided (destroying them doesn't count, they're also incredibly small targets) is incredibly unfun.

As of 14.0.5 Arc traps no longer target pets. At least DE is moving in the right direction. I can live with lasers for now but I really hope the AI is at least on the level of a few basic scripted intelligent actions.

It's either that, or program a smart AI, guess which one's easier in the short term.

Not that DE is good at AI, enemies are still as dumb as they were one year ago.

It's stuff like this that makes DE NOT want to read the forums. It's a sweeping statement at the very least. If you want good AI from DE, give them the cash to hire top AI programmers, animators and AI software etc. They are constantly working on things like that. If there was a clear-cut answer that a number of specific changes and/or a random overhaul would fix all the AI, then they would've done it a long time ago. Such an endeavour would require the attention of the entire DE team because the AI team is just not big enough. With the cool recent changes to the infested we can't say at all that AI team isn't good.

It's stuff like this that makes DE NOT want to read the forums. It's a sweeping statement at the very least. If you want good AI from DE, give them the cash to hire top AI programmers, animators and AI software etc. They are constantly working on things like that. If there was a clear-cut answer that a number of specific changes and/or a random overhaul would fix all the AI, then they would've done it a long time ago. Such an endeavour would require the attention of the entire DE team because the AI team is just not big enough. With the cool recent changes to the infested we can't say at all that AI team isn't good.

You quoted a founder. Someone who actually paid something. The changes to the infested are not AI changes at all! They changed the way they work but they are still dumb like a rock. This is why we still have osprey stil flying in walls.

Edited by Alphafox

IMO, Kubrows were made for non rushers, so If you want to speed up like sonic through zones, I think a sentinel is better.

I don't see where you got that idea. They could run faster than us if they were not following. If people want to rush with a Kubrow let them be.

Hey, do you know you're supposed to clear the room by shooting them? Usually you have the option to jump and dodge, but you're bringing along your non obligatory companion of a kubrow. Stop asking for handouts please? PLEASE?! Play the game as intended. JEEZ.

This is literally the equivalent of saying. 

"Please make my kubrow invincible to gun fire, because they die too easily by gunfire in x mission."

"Please make my kubrow invincible to gun fire, because they die too easily by gunfire in x mission."

They may as well be once you get some good Link and Pack Leader mods on them.

Edited by Vargras

Hey, do you know you're supposed to clear the room by shooting them? Usually you have the option to jump and dodge, but you're bringing along your non obligatory companion of a kubrow. Stop asking for handouts please? PLEASE?! Play the game as intended. JEEZ.

This is literally the equivalent of saying. 

Wow! We got a genius there! People would do that if the AI was not so low that the kubrow just run in the laser and die. Play the game as intended? How is the game intended to be played? Please enlighten me.

You quoted a founder. Someone who actually paid something. The changes to the infested are not AI changes at all! They changed the way they work but they are still dumb like a rock. This is why we still have osprey stil flying in walls.

Hey I got a lot of respect for founders... they helped found the game that I love and can now enjoy. I was just trying to make a point here. Just because I'm a founder doesn't make it right for me to expect things not possible from DE. All I was trying to say was that it's these kinds of "DE sucks at this" statements that derail threads into random people coming here and dissing DE... completely spoils the point of the thread.

How about coding a learning experience AI, like if it dies on lazer, it learns... lazer bad...avoid. is it hard to code stuff at this level?

That would not be a bad idea. Very realistic.

You know you can shoot the emitters and the lasers stop, right?

Except Kubrows will willingly jump right into the traps before you have the chance to do anything to stop it.

Imagine a fresh new MR0 teammate who runs around as though lasers and arc traps are not there. Even if you babysit them, they're still going to eventually do something silly and get themselves killed before you can destroy the laser.

Now imagine that they don't bleed out, and you can't revive them.

Now imagine that you, and not they, are punished for it.

Wow! We got a genius there! People would do that if the AI was not so low that the kubrow just run in the laser and die. Play the game as intended? How is the game intended to be played? Please enlighten me.

They're obviously going to change/fix the issues with the AI.

I said that in confidence. I'm just tired of this community being so openly entitled and whiny.

A suggestion is one thing, but a full on thread in general discussion about REMOVING a feature of the game is crazy.

Your kubrow should be vulnerable to any and everything that you are. No, don't remove it. Tweak it. 

Besides if you think about it they dive head first into these things and get stuck because of the targeting system. Since you can shoot and destroy traps and lasers and turrets, they try to kill them and end up dying because they can't be destroyed with melee fast enough.

They're obviously going to change/fix the issues with the AI.

I said that in confidence. I'm just tired of this community being so openly entitled and whiny.

A suggestion is one thing, but a full on thread in general discussion about REMOVING a feature of the game is crazy.

Your kubrow should be vulnerable to any and everything that you are. No, don't remove it. Tweak it.

People are whining for a reason. Because the AI is the level of a rock(You see what i mean). You have no control over your kubrow. So removing that was the only logical choice. Edited by Alphafox