Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Couple Thousand Years Into The Future, Don't You Think Earths Continents Would Have Moved By Now?

Z3ROWOLFHD

We have no idea how far into the future warframe is, and a measly few thousand years wouldn't change the continents at all

Look at my edit, how long was it for how the rotations are for ice ages or whatever?

You're confusing thousands of year with millions, there wouldn't be any big difference from today.

Canada is covered in ice.

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

Look at my edit, how long was it for how the rotations are for ice ages or whatever?

For an ice age, hundreds of thousands of years. Could be more or less depending on what the grineer have done to the planet.

The geologic time scale is incomprehensibly vast, even after all that time the continents wouldn't have visibly changed

Edit: what do you mean by "rotations are for ice ages or whatever"?

Edited by vaugahn

You're confusing thousands of year with millions, there wouldn't be any big difference from today.

Pretty much this exactly. There might be a change in climate, like areas covered in ice or ice covered areas now being deserts, But, in terms of actual continental shift there would be practically 0 change as that takes millions of years not thousands.

isn't that "normal" ?

Does this look like present day to you? (Those are not clouds, they do not move.)

RSpahhN.jpg

ykatRZo.jpg

If we had someone knowledgeable enough to explain, couldn't we guess the average time for what Warframe is actually set place in?

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

Like, why is California still on the in-game globe thing(y?)

Edit: After looking some more, ice has already progressed onto the edge of the Canadian-American border. 

From the title of the thread and what you have asked, you might have mistaken continental shift with the ice-age. If you are talking about continental shift, that would take millions of years before any noticeable changes happen.

It had taken roughly 100 million years for Pangaea to break into the contemporary continents.

Does this look like present day to you? (Those are not clouds, they do not move.)

RSpahhN.jpg

ykatRZo.jpg

If we had someone knowledgeable enough to explain, couldn't we guess the average time for what Warframe is actually set place in?

From what i can see South America is not there anymore(or it became a bunch of small island's. Looking at this on moblie so it's not the most accurate) So yeah the map has been changed.

/thread

Edited by Alphafox

The Warframe universe is FAR beyond a "couple thousand years," from now based on what I've heard and seen.

Even hundreds of thousands of years would make no difference. Our continents haven't changed significantly since the end of the paleozoic. Edit: maybe it was the proterozoic...been a while since I've taken geology. Anyways, long time. Super long time.

Also as for the earth map, we can't really guess how far in the future it is due to the Orokin and the Grineer screwing up the planet

Edited by vaugahn

Continents move approximately .06 inches a year.

5000 years later, they would have moved 300 inches.

Or 25 feet.

That's not very much.

That's 7.6 meters for the rest of you.

OP, have you taken geography yet?

Ok, maybe I should have worded my post better. As someone said, South America is underwater, and Canada is covered in glacier more white than normal.

You asked, "How do we know Warframe is set 2 million years into the future?". 

So, the answer is determined by a RNG program I made up in ten minutes.

Uh yeah I got that, the wait what was more wondering how exactly you arrived at that conclusion