Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Just Goddamn Ridiculous Now

Xianyu

With a low ranked ceramic dagger?

Why go into a level you know is high level, with tough enemies, with a weapon that's clearly not on par with what you'll be fighting? That's not bad game design, nor is it the infested being too strong, that's just natural selection playing its course.

With a low ranked ceramic dagger?

Nah, I was using the new Silva & Aegis. Even with the low damage it did just fine. My only trouble was with the Ospreys. Everything else died.

I was also being smart and using Frost's abilities to freeze and slow my enemies. But that's just called playing smart.

Nah, I was using the new Silva & Aegis. Even with the low damage it did just fine. My only trouble was with the Ospreys. Everything else died.

I was also being smart and using Frost's abilities to freeze and slow my enemies. But that's just called playing smart.

Ancients were still able to disrupt or grapple me, even when they were frozen by Avalanche.

As for the topic - I agree that infested needed some improvements, but recent changes may be a little overkill. Their grappling ability is ridiculous when you get dragged into the middle of crowd of ancients.

Also, healers paired with say, venomous eximus... Try to get those healers with melee only when you simply can't get to them.

I just tried the third mission for Mirage.  Infested hive thing.  I did plenty of them during the event that introduced them so I assumed I'd be fine bringing my primed rank 30 equipment and being mastery rank 14 so I've got a good enough grasp of the game.

Nope.  Infested now are straight-up unfair.

I popped all four revives in the second hive room before giving up and grabbing two others with prime gear, and even then we were reviving each other multiple times during the mission.

I guarantee you that if it was level 30-35 Grineer or Corpus (instead of infested) I would not have done nearly that bad, nor would my group on the second run have spent so much time reviving each other.

The infested getting buffed was good, but all of the buffs put together alongside the ancients all being eximus by default is overkill (as in, overkilling the players).

I just played this mission too. Solo.

I got my @$$ served. Now, in all fairness, it was a level 38 mission, and I soloed it. And I beat it.

But it was by far the hardest 15 minutes of WF I've ever played. But I am a pretty experienced player with about 15 forma on at the time.

I'm a fan of the new infested...but the spawn rates need to be checked out, HARD. and the ancient pulls need a way to be countered after the pull.

I have to admit, the Infested are a LOT more dangerous than the other factions now. Between the "OHLOOKIHAVEGRAPPLINGHOOKNOW!" ancients, their auras, the damage buff enemies got for U14 (challenge? LAWL), they can actually be a pain in the &#!, especially when you go solo.

And with the enemy scaling they go bonkers and straight unfair a lot earlier than the other factions too. I don't like them, not because they're "too hard" (again, LAWL), but because they're stupidely unfair in some regards. Like grappling you from the other side of the tile to drag your &#! back in the middle of 50 angry chargers, just to disrupt you to death because there are no real mechanics to counter it, only the eternal "doh kill them first" moronic argument.

They're still manageable at say, level 38, even solo, but man, unless you bring the hurt (AND Life Strike), or specific frames, you are the one who's going to get hurt. Bad.

I just played this mission too. Solo.

I got my @$$ served. Now, in all fairness, it was a level 38 mission, and I soloed it. And I beat it.

But it was by far the hardest 15 minutes of WF I've ever played. But I am a pretty experienced player with about 15 forma on at the time.

I'm a fan of the new infested...but the spawn rates need to be checked out, HARD. and the ancient pulls need a way to be countered after the pull.

On the pulls, I just think they need a wind up animation or some other variation of tell.

This way if you're paying attention to the fact new ancients are on the way, you know what to look out for.

If you aren't paying attention: Get dunked?

They're a lot more dangerous to squishy frames though.

That being said, I've been running around with my Banshee having a blast. No problems =D

Put a sure-footed on your war frame and you're fine

Incorrect sir/madam. Ogris + Infested exploders = high damage to the pod. If there's alot of them around the pod (which at some point there will be) shooting the Ogris at them will damage the pod more. In case no one has noticed the Infested exploders will explode when killed by any kind of gun. Melee is the only way to make them not explode. 

On the pulls, I just think they need a wind up animation or some other variation of tell.

This way if you're paying attention to the fact new ancients are on the way, you know what to look out for.

If you aren't paying attention: Get dunked?

They're a lot more dangerous to squishy frames though.

That being said, I've been running around with my Banshee having a blast. No problems =D

They do have a wind up animation, which is really clear.

The issue is there are usually 10+ enemies on screen, many of which are standing in front of the Ancient since they don't run up to you anymore.

So...you can't see the windup.

Here's a proposal to address that. Cut Off Ancient's Arm During Pull

I just tried the third mission for Mirage.  Infested hive thing.  I did plenty of them during the event that introduced them so I assumed I'd be fine bringing my primed rank 30 equipment and being mastery rank 14 so I've got a good enough grasp of the game.

I popped all four revives in the second hive room before giving up and grabbing two others with prime gear, and even then we were reviving each other multiple times during the mission.

I guarantee you that if it was level 30-35 Grineer or Corpus (instead of infested) I would not have done nearly that bad, nor would my group on the second run have spent so much time reviving each other.

The infested getting buffed was good, but all of the buffs put together alongside the ancients all being eximus by default is overkill (as in, overkilling the players).

I quite enjoyed the 3rd Mirage mission. Was dangerous but perfectly doable solo without reviving.

Level 30 Zephyr and a ~20 Brakk with Catalyst.

Oh and a Dethcube with maxed Sweeper.

Ok, so you went mobility route and it paid off. Does turbulence deflect ancient pulls?

I played it with Nyx and Sybaris (bad call, I know, but I was leveling it) and got served hard. 3 revives but made it out alive.

Ok, so you went mobility route and it paid off. Does turbulence deflect ancient pulls?

I played it with Nyx and Sybaris (bad call, I know, but I was leveling it) and got served hard. 3 revives but made it out alive.

Turbulence appears to but it's not something I keep up all the time vs infested. It was more about Tailwind for gaining space and Tornado for buying time to find tumors.

Turbulence appears to but it's not something I keep up all the time vs infested. It was more about Tailwind for gaining space and Tornado for buying time to find tumors.

Right, searching for tumors + tight spaces with lots of drops (mobbed on respawn) + new infested at high level = a rough time

much easier on def/surv/regular missions

They're completely broken. I just sat in a defense mission with a guy running R30 Penta, and we couldn't get past Wave 10.

Obviously not broken.

Penta is not the 'go to' vs infested anymore. Try something like amprex or shotguns, and high mobility frames.

I did that mission with a Boltor Prime with max Serration, Max Split Chamber, Malignant force, high voltage and Hellfire.

That isn't particularly powerful but it still shredded the infested very well.

Granted I was soloing it though.

They're completely broken. I just sat in a defense mission with a guy running R30 Penta, and we couldn't get past Wave 10.

Obviously not broken.

That guy is bad at penta. Can still solo to 20 with Penta at Sechura :P

The Ospreys don't really fly so you can just be above the gas cloud.

Edited by jawnt

Do people even look at the codex. Gas isn't good against anything except chargers. Best things against infected would be corrosive and blast to generally deal with ancients; if you can deal with them, you can deal with the rest. That being said, it takes like 50 rounds from a soma with said elemental mods to kill a healer.

Don't do it by yourself, and don't do it with a crappy frame like Oberon. It may seem a bit jarring, but infested are no longer the joke faction.

This part of your rebuttal is irrelevant.  Warframe is intended to be played in both Solo and Team modes.  If Solo is not viable, then there is a problem.

I have not done the new Hive missions yet (did the event, but not since the U14 update), so I have no opinion on the matter as yet, however as stated above, Solo still needs to be a viable option.

Penta is not the 'go to' vs infested anymore. Try something like amprex or shotguns, and high mobility frames.

Haven't tried it recently, but why is Penta not the go-to weapon?   Mine is set for 5.6k blast, 1.4k corrosive.  This no longer works?

This part of your rebuttal is irrelevant.  Warframe is intended to be played in both Solo and Team modes.  If Solo is not viable, then there is a problem.

I have not done the new Hive missions yet (did the event, but not since the U14 update), so I have no opinion on the matter as yet, however as stated above, Solo still needs to be a viable option.

Well I did it solo with this derpy weapon loadout for the Mirage quest.

http://goo.gl/luzqJR

If that can do it without forma, I don't think you will really have any major problems with formaed guns.