Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Just Goddamn Ridiculous Now

Xianyu

This is why you bring at least one snipe weapon for your primary or secondary. I can do Infected just fine with Vectis + Angstrum.

Shoot Angstrum all day.

See a green aura? Switch to Vectis, find the big dude, headshot for 40k+ (headshot deals huge damage and crit headshot has innate 4x multiplier to the usual damage too) , go back to using Angstrum.

Penta isn't that great now because with the healer present, you don't want to use AoE that doesn't deal 50k+ damage. Penta might need 2-3 hits on the small units with the healer present which results in huge hp loss for the pod. Exception is when you bring a Marelock for the Healer but I love my vectis more because it's easier to get an accurate headshot all the way to the spawn point with it.

Hive-mission was LOLEASY. Bring Lifestrike. Hold Left, Slash, run. Healed to full. Rinse and repeat. Bring an AoE Frame if needed. I did it with Oberon in one go with no revive or gear popped. Just press 4, shoot tumors, more tumors, shoot nodes. Let myself get hit, get energy from Rage, press 4, Life strike one of them, continue.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Well I did it solo with this derpy weapon loadout for the Mirage quest.

http://goo.gl/luzqJR

If that can do it without forma, I don't think you will really have any major problems with formaed guns.

#1 - Boltor Prime is not a 'derpy' weapon.  It is currently among the best in the game.

#2 - Max Serration and other damage mods doing obscene levels of damage boosting.  Your base total damage seems to be over 600 per round.  This is hardly weak.

If you are attempting to say "so easy anyone can do it" then your example is not well constructed.  If you used a non-top-tier weapon, and used mid-level range mods then your argument would lend more weight.

Again, not saying Hive missions are not solo capable.  Merely that your argument does not hold strong convincing evidence.

#1 - Boltor Prime is not a 'derpy' weapon.  It is currently among the best in the game.

#2 - Max Serration and other damage mods doing obscene levels of damage boosting.  Your base total damage seems to be over 600 per round.  This is hardly weak.

If you are attempting to say "so easy anyone can do it" then your example is not well constructed.  If you used a non-top-tier weapon, and used mid-level range mods then your argument would lend more weight.

Again, not saying Hive missions are not solo capable.  Merely that your argument does not hold strong convincing evidence.

I have a huge assortment of multiple forma guns for my heavier lifting and those in comparison will easily blow my boltor Prime out of the water, even though I am pretty sure that if I invested as much into the Boltor Prime as them, he probably out do them.

However I was looking for a semi decent challenge so I use my non-forma guns. Because as much people like to fawn over DPS, you rarely need 20k burst DPS / 10k sustaine DPS to kill most content.

And I pretty sure a lot of people by now have at least a 3 to 5 forma gun by time they are rank 6 to 8.

Edited by fatpig84

Hive is still easily solo'd.

Oberon : Rank 30 : Forma'd 3 times. You don't really need all 3 forma though. All you want are Rage, Vitality, Renewal, Reckoning, Fleeting Expertise and Streamline for all the energy and spamming + healing (Healing can easily be replaced with Life strike).

Vectis : About rank 20 : 3 Forma. Lv 6 Serration, Split chamber, Lightning + Poison shot for corrosive. This takes down the Ancient in one hit anyway with a headshot.

Akzani : This one was pointless. I was leveling it at the time I was doing Mirage quest. Never bother to use this.

Dragon Nikana : Maxed. No Forma. Tranqil CleaveLife strike, Killing blow, Pressure Point, Rending strike, Fire + Ice attack, Lightning element and Focus energy. All you want is damage with life strike on this for insta full heal. I didn't even bother changing it to corrosive because I had it on lightning to farm the Prosecutors with my 4-element build.

Oberon isn't a top-tier frame.

Vectis is a sniper rifle

Akzana never used

Dragon Nikana easy to get and same goes to life strike.

All meh stuffs and the Hive was still too easy as long as I remember that I will die from getting hit by the charger 6 times. Copter all day to avoid getting pulled by ancients.

Haven't tried it recently, but why is Penta not the go-to weapon?   Mine is set for 5.6k blast, 1.4k corrosive.  This no longer works?

Ancient disrupter provides a high radial damage resistance aura (including penta).

Ancient healer provides a damage resistance aura, and damages to his friends heal him (above 100%).

Still works somehow, but you might need a few grenades if you have both a disrupter and a healer in the same pack.

Plus, Penta does not prevent Runners from exploding, when they are high level, their explosion can be dangerous for the pod in defense missions.

Edited by Mazikeen

Penta is not the 'go to' vs infested anymore. Try something like amprex or shotguns, and high mobility frames.

Hi notion, care to elaborate more. I don't bring my ogris anymore, it seems to hit air, no damage at all. What's up with penta and ogris?

Okay, have now tried a level 19-21 Hive mission.

I used my Rhino Prime, level 30.  Armed with Grakata (level 27), Akzani (level 25) and Silva Aegis (level 25)

Within the first five minutes I faced no less than 12-15 Osprey.  Combined with the massive zerg swarm tactics, this mission was incredibly not fun and I quit the game in the second node room.

While y'all might find this fun, I will simply avoid playing hive missions with the new Infested.

So basically, as long as you hide as far away as possible and shoot at them, infested are fine? Okay, I can see that.

However, for any playstyle that doesn't involve merely gunning them down at long distance, they're a bit OP.

Ummm....  I run up and melee them while soloing [which is stupid mind you but im on a melee kick] and I have no issue.  Maybe it is the equipment you are using?

And I pretty sure a lot of people by now have at least a 3 to 5 forma gun by time they are rank 6 to 8.

Well I'm rank 15 and don't have a single formaed weapon and only two formaed frames. Adding to that, I don't even have maxed ranked damage mods (up to rank 6) and still manage to poop on most enemies up to lvl 60.

Okay, have now tried a level 19-21 Hive mission.

I used my Rhino Prime, level 30.  Armed with Grakata (level 27), Akzani (level 25) and Silva Aegis (level 25)

Within the first five minutes I faced no less than 12-15 Osprey.  Combined with the massive zerg swarm tactics, this mission was incredibly not fun and I quit the game in the second node room.

While y'all might find this fun, I will simply avoid playing hive missions with the new Infested.

Rhino Prime

Ahhhh if only you used a Soma as well you would fit the stereotype perfectly.

Hive mission isn't too hard. I went in with Nekros thinking I could just cut through all them, 2 revives later I realized that it was a stupid idea and just ignored the infested save for the ones directly in the way. Didn't get touched once after that.

I don't get how people find dying fun.

Infested were so much more fun before, we could chill and have fun.

Now its stressful and irritating.

Dying is the last thing I wanna do in this game.

Dying =/= fun.

DE stop changing everything all the time.

Dying =/= fun.

Can't you just play against low level enemies to ensure you never die?

Dying =/= fun.

I cannot agree. Infested were by far the most boring enemies, and I have fun with the new version.

But maybe the people who find them fun are the ones who not die.

Thus... How do you die?

Dying =/= fun.

Fighting is fun, not dying. I surely wouldn't be able to call any infested mission pre U14 (not counting the Hive missions) fun.

Chill - Any game where you fight and chill at the same time is too easy. You shouldn't be able to chill in an space-ninja game. You should be wallruning, sliding, slashing etc. to stay alive, not stand on a lamp while scratching your balls with your left hand and firing Penta with your right and chilling. That is NOT fun. It is fun for Plants vs Zombies, there you can chill and fight, but surely not in TPS space-ninja game.

Dying =/= fun.

Well, the only reasons that someone will die all day against infected are

1) Badly prepared gear or

2) They suck

So I have to agree, sucking isn't fun. That's why I learn to play and not fail. It's fun again.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Can't you just play against low level enemies to ensure you never die?

I could do that, its not that I die a lot being rank 16 all maxed its just that now all the poison and the ospreys ruin some of the fun for me.

Its like DE wants us to die and buy plat (lowers xp, buffs every enemy and nerfs every frame/weapon)

I absolutely love this game but its the last time I get into a f2p beta that changes drastically every week.

I can't wall vault to crazy height like I used too either. Hate drastic changes like that.

You should be wallruning, sliding, slashing etc. to stay alive, not stand on a lamp while scratching your balls with your left hand and firing Penta with your right and chilling.

That was so awesome that I just got it tattooed on my forehead.

I could do that, its not that I die a lot being rank 16 all maxed its just that now all the poison and the ospreys ruin some of the fun for me.

Its like DE wants us to die and buy plat (lowers xp, buffs every enemy and nerfs every frame/weapon)

I absolutely love this game but its the last time I get into a f2p beta that changes drastically every week.

I can't wall vault to crazy height like I used too either. Hate drastic changes like that.

Many players enjoy a challenge, where they have a real chance at failure but are able to succeed through skill and preparation.

Some, such as yourself apparently, do not care for that and would rather always succeed. Thankfully for those of us in the first category, DE believes in challenge.

Fighting is fun, not dying. I surely wouldn't be able to call any infested mission pre U14 (not counting the Hive missions) fun.

Chill - Any game where you fight and chill at the same time is too easy. You shouldn't be able to chill in an space-ninja game. You should be wallruning, sliding, slashing etc. to stay alive, not stand on a lamp while scratching your balls with your left hand and firing Penta with your right and chilling. That is NOT fun. It is fun for Plants vs Zombies, there you can chill and fight, but surely not in TPS space-ninja game.

I play any and every game to have FUN and relax, wf had the perfect difficulty IMO

I don't want to feel stressed while playing otherwise it is a chore not a GAME. They should pay me money if they want me to feel the pain.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer