Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Just Goddamn Ridiculous Now

Xianyu

If you really want to give us a challenge, give us smart challenges, such as the Infested Leapers now side-rolling to dodge bullets or the better use of electricity attacks by the shock crawlers. Don't give everything cheap buffs or unavoidable debuffs  (yes, I'm looking at you, Toxic Ancient) unless you stand 70 metres away from everything with a Penta blowing everything to bits.

>They're only bullet sponges if you refuse to headshot target the ancient first

Tell that to the two healing ancients that ate 8 shots from my Penta, which has an average raw damage output of 14,000 a shot.

Please tell me how headshot targeting the ancient is going to help if they are ginormous bullet sponges in the first place.

Guys, explosive damage and AoE powers are no longer insta-win against infested.

Healers get buffed when you damage their allies. Disruptors reduce AoE damage.

Adapt, or play on low levels where you can still one-shot them anyway.

Edited by notionphil

You can do it in Kappa like how the old guys did.

1) Put Decoy at terminal.

2) Use disarm

3) Shoot rocket.

Being doing that since U8.

Can do, if you just wanted to farm with loki, but if I wanted to grind exp for any warframe and a bit of farming at the side, I would have gone to dark sec defense with ogris. Such a shame. Edited by Dalawantahr

Can do, if you just wanted to farm with loki, but if I wanted to grind exp for any warframe and a bit of farming at the side, I would go to dark sec defense with ogris.

I can understand why people are mad that they can't afk farm infested anymore but it should've been obvious that this option will be removed at some point.

Adding my opinion.

I'm MR15, cheated my way through Mirage Hive quest with Loki, Brakk. Maxed, amped, forma'd, loaded. I made it on my own but that's only due to said cheat tools. Killed 880 Infested in a constant stream, using both reload mods to speed it up, perma-invis. I can't say it was particularly "hard" with invisibility and insta-kill but it was dangerous and somewhat tedious. Could have just used invis to finish objective and leave, completely cheating my way through everything but I hate that as it doesn't feel rewarding at all to just skip a mission.

I am fairly sure I would have failed this with a normal frame and gun combo (Ember, Ignis). There are situations in which 5 or more energy leeches charge at you or hide below ground-level which feels overly forced to prevent victory.

The real issue behind it all is powercreep, as has been stated before for months. Players use those cheat tools like I did, then complain about the ease of the mission, which I could have easily dragged on for hours had I done this in actual SP with pause function to take a piss. That's because I was using overpowered S#&$. Then the game gets more difficult to compensate, then new OP S#&$ is created to facilitate the harsh difficulty for casual gamers. Not sure if DE is aware of gun stats and the way they limit weapon choice.

I was all for buffing infested but in a different way.

• Chargers are better now but need better vertical navigation. Good job on that though.

• Crawlers are better but still need a massive health buff. Nice speed fix.

• Leaper movement is great, can get even more agile. Good ideas.

But Ospreys, Eximus enemies and Ancients are ridiculous like OP said.

- Ospreys have way too much health and they spam, 10 of them in a row, it's outright stupid.

- Eximus enemies are far too frequent and too powerful with abilities not being special skills but mere hacks. Mana drain is not good game design at all.

- The ancient buffs are somewhat necessary but taken in the wrong direction. Ancients are flooding the place with auras.

I've got all the equip I need to master everything. But that doesn't mean other players shouldn't be taken into account. And most importantly, upping difficulty in that way forces one-sided gearing with players choosing Boltor Prime, Brakk and other cheat tools out of necessity.

Following on what Viverim said, mass spawns do not make for fun gaming. You can only create situations in which you farm thousands of creeps off without breaking a sweat or you stand no chance. Either or. Challenge does not mean weeding out those who decide to use normal guns from those who use cheat gear. Challenge means requiring skill and determination for an achievement, which then feels inherently rewarding to the player. But that's been said quite too often now. I feel for the newbs and those proud enough to carry whatever non-cheat gear they desire.

Guys, explosive damage and AoE powers are no longer insta-win against infested.

Healers get buffed when you damage their allies. Disruptors reduce AoE damage.

Adapt, or play on low levels where you can still one-shot them anyway.

Yes precision weapons are now the king for fighting infested. 

Better start slapping forma on bows, marksmen rifles and stuff.

>They're only bullet sponges if you refuse to headshot target the ancient first

Tell that to the two healing ancients that ate 8 shots from my Penta, which has an average raw damage output of 14,000 a shot.

Please tell me how headshot targeting the ancient is going to help if they are ginormous bullet sponges in the first place.

-AoE hits the small target, heal the ancient with more health.

-AoE doesn't always guarantee a headshot, greatly reduced damage for not headshotting.

-My Vectis does a 40k headshot crit and instakill so I dunno, change weapon, maybe? Or maybe, use Marelok as your secondary because that's like a vectis as secondary. Deals as much base damage, just aim for the head and boom. Then you can switch back to your Penta.

I'm actually having fun now being my team's sniper. I take care of the Osprey and ancients for them so the one using the AoE can easily kill the rest. No more 4x Penta or Ogris comp. Yay.

Edited by Zeitzbach

I've got all the equip I need to master everything. But that doesn't mean other players shouldn't be taken into account. And most importantly, upping difficulty in that way forces one-sided gearing with players choosing Boltor Prime, Brakk and other cheat tools out of necessity.

Following on what Viverim said, mass spawns do not make for fun gaming. You can only create situations in which you farm thousands of creeps off without breaking a sweat or you stand no chance. Either or. Challenge does not mean weeding out those who decide to use normal guns from those who use cheat gear. Challenge means requiring skill and determination for an achievement, which then feels inherently rewarding to the player. But that's been said quite too often now. I feel for the newbs and those proud enough to carry whatever non-cheat gear they desire.

This is an important point that DE will need to address - Spawn rate is the largest issue facing the new infested.

The mobs are individually 30-50% more dangerous. In a group they're 200%+ more dangerous. And yet, they still spawn exactly like the old infested (and give less XP).

We don't have the time to avoid leapers, dodge toxin clouds, quick melee runners, dodge ancient pulls, avoid auras all the while switching to the correct weapon to snipe ancients and drones. It's just too much at a single time.

Their abilties individually are fine, but when 20 mobs come at you with 20 abilities it is literally impossible to do anything about it other than rely on the most OP of gear/frame combos/exploits. I do like the changes a lot, but the spawns of drones/ancients need to be addressed.

And yes, I played that mission with a Sybaris and Nyx...it was...rough.

Edited by notionphil

Yes precision weapons are now the king for fighting infested. 

Better start slapping forma on bows, marksmen rifles and stuff.

Or do both! Shoot the healer then switch back to aoe and take out everything else like you did pre patch.

I managed it with a pure desecrator Nekros and an Ignis.  I did die once - I absentmindedly ran through a gas cloud, then tried to desecrate to get some life back when I hadn't cleared out the enemies as well as I thought.  That really was my own fault.

It's considerably harder then it was, but hardly impossible.  Enemy Radar *really* helps, since you have a much better idea when it's save to do something risky, and when there is a horde about to bear down on you.  Other then that, it's just straight up strafing and kiting.

What do you mean by afk farm?

Getting to wave 40 by sitting on a cliff spamming penta in windowed mode while you watch a movie.

Now it's more like wave 20.

If I had to guess :P

Edited by jawnt

Sorry to tell you this, but, boy have you been missing out.

Never being missing out. I have done broken things like accessing Derelict vaults without using any vault keys for example.

Cos Loki can do plenty of stuff and moar !

And yes I enjoyed the AFK farming for awhile, but it is high time infested stopped being a push over.

And if you people are in DC, you can see there are even more "surprises" coming to make the Infested even more fearsome.

I can't wait personally.

Edited by fatpig84

Not a strict definition but: sit on high ground, use aoe to kill, not having to care about any threat

You should get the idea.

And that's why I use this to grind exp. Is that bad? Makes my gaming life easier considering grinding and farming is tedious, repetitive and boring. Edited by Dalawantahr

And that's why I use this to grind exp. Is that bad? Makes my gaming life easier considering grinding and farming is tedious, repetitive and boring.

Yes it is bad. It's just as bad as a feature that lets you put your gear to daycare and get them back after X hours, leveled up...

Yes it is bad. It's just as bad as a feature that lets you put your gear to daycare and get them back after X hours, leveled up...

No it's not, when it comes to grinding you will look for the easiest place and mobs that gives decent amount of exp and that was dark sector infested.

No it's not, when it comes to grinding you will look for the easiest place and mobs that gives decent amount of exp and that was dark sector infested.

Yes it was, and if that daycare feature was a real thing, that would be the easiest place and people like you would use it instead.

Then again, it's no longer a thing so you have to find the new easiest place I guess.

I'm actually having fun now being my team's sniper. I take care of the Osprey and ancients for them so the one using the AoE can easily kill the rest. No more 4x Penta or Ogris comp. Yay.

So pretty much this. Infested require actual teamwork now, not just penta x4. Have one guy with something accurate focus on ancients and ospreys, have one guy CC the pod, and have the other two guys clean up the horde. Warframe is a co-op shooter, try cooperating for a change. 

While Im in favour of making Infested tougher to fight, Im against unfair  un-counterable stuff. 

And lots of unfair crap been added.

Pull is still unfixed bullcrap mechanics:  they still pull you when they are killed or CCd. They pull when you duck behind geometry at impossible angles. And then of course you have all your energy drained even if you are in Iron Skin.

Everything about poison procs have been said already: once you get some, you are dead even if you run the hell away or kill the enemies.

Edited by Monolake

Yes it was, and if that daycare feature was a real thing, that would be the easiest place and people like you would use it instead.

Then again, it's no longer a thing so you have to find the new easiest place I guess.

Nope, never use or will use such feature. Never would pay for short cuts. To you I may come as a lazy gamer, but when it comes to grind I play it smart.

Then again it's changed, I'm definitely going to look for a new place to grind.

To all the people telling me to "adapt" or don't use explosives and what not.

Ok. Let me take out my three star Boltor Prime. And my five star Marelok with Seeker. And tear through entire crowds of infested.

It's not the fact is damn hard, it's the fact it's as well bloody unfair, especially to people who don't have said explosives, a forma'ed up Soma/Boltor Prime or Marelok or whatever. It's also no bloody fun. I go to infested to take it easy, for a casual mission where I can use anything I want because I don't have to worry about G3 or Harvester spawning and me losing a chance at a potential Detron/Brakk part (yes I don't have either), and the only assassin is Stalker, who is manageable even if I am messing around with melee. Now these buffs are simply discouraging me from using other stuff and to select my top tier weaponry. What's the easiest was to "adapt" to the new buffs? Easy! Use all my high-tier DPS whoring builds. New Ancients, even Lv70+, wouldn't be able to stand up against my Boltor if I place on the Bane of Infested and use Roar for a disgusting 190% damage output. I want to play my unpotatoed Valkyr, or my personal favorite that I recently acquired, Hydroid, but all these cheap aura buff/debuffs are doing are encouraging me to go down whatever hurls out the most damage most efficiently.

If this is the way the game is going, I don't want to hear any more excuses from the people complaining "oh Boltor Prime is overpowered, Soma is Overpowered, Penta/Ogris OP nerf pls", because frankly the game is encouraging me to go top-tier even in the faction that used to be for casual fun.

To all the people telling me to "adapt" or don't use explosives and what not.

Ok. Let me take out my three star Boltor Prime. And my five star Marelok with Seeker. And tear through entire crowds of infested.

It's not the fact is damn hard, it's the fact it's as well bloody unfair, especially to people who don't have said explosives, a forma'ed up Soma/Boltor Prime or Marelok or whatever. It's also no bloody fun. I go to infested to take it easy, for a casual mission where I can use anything I want because I don't have to worry about G3 or Harvester spawning and me losing a chance at a potential Detron/Brakk part (yes I don't have either), and the only assassin is Stalker, who is manageable even if I am messing around with melee. Now these buffs are simply discouraging me from using other stuff and to select my top tier weaponry. What's the easiest was to "adapt" to the new buffs? Easy! Use all my high-tier DPS whoring builds. New Ancients, even Lv70+, wouldn't be able to stand up against my Boltor if I place on the Bane of Infested and use Roar for a disgusting 190% damage output. I want to play my unpotatoed Valkyr, or my personal favorite that I recently acquired, Hydroid, but all these cheap aura buff/debuffs are doing are encouraging me to go down whatever hurls out the most damage most efficiently.

If this is the way the game is going, I don't want to hear any more excuses from the people complaining "oh Boltor Prime is overpowered, Soma is Overpowered, Penta/Ogris OP nerf pls", because frankly the game is encouraging me to go top-tier even in the faction that used to be for casual fun.

I don't understand this post. You can use anything you could use before against infested, the only difference is that they now resist AOE attacks in certain situations.

I think you forgot the part where:

Volatile Runners now explode when shot to death and stagger you out of practically anything short of Absorb/Iron Skin, and they pretty much instantly explode unlike previously where they would have a nose holding animation.

Ancients still Slap and Pull you out of everything by causing an animation.

Infested in general now deal more damage to the pod, the difference of which is so high it can be described by multiplying the old value by a scalar multiple times.

Trinity no longer heals the Pod.

Ancient Healers make everything within a range a more effective bullet sponge sooner.

Clearly the only thing that has changed about Infested is that they are resilient to powers. Clearly.