Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Just Goddamn Ridiculous Now

Xianyu

C'mon people, this is not a game problem. This is a player problem.

Seriously, lots of you are so lazy and don't use your brain in this game.

What are you doing here is influencing DE to change something in a game to better fit the lazy players (not newbs, lazy players).

It should be the other way around, changing something to pick up the pace of the game and make it harder (not with bullet sponge enemies ofc).

These statements exclude the energy drain leaders, because their mechanics are ridiculous (they can drain your energy without having you in there line of sight or knowing where you are). It would make sense that they have an energy draining gun that drains your energy when you take hits from it, but that's something that doesn't fit this thread.

I could do that, its not that I die a lot being rank 16 all maxed its just that now all the poison and the ospreys ruin some of the fun for me.

Its like DE wants us to die and buy plat (lowers xp, buffs every enemy and nerfs every frame/weapon)

I absolutely love this game but its the last time I get into a f2p beta that changes drastically every week.

I can't wall vault to crazy height like I used too either. Hate drastic changes like that.

PSA : Rank isn't an indication of skill level.

Ahhhh if only you used a Soma as well you would fit the stereotype perfectly.

Yes, and doing a test with a squishy frame is pointless.  I used this OP set-up to test the mission.  I disliked it.  Attempting to insult me will not make me suddenly find the mission fun.

I play any and every game to have FUN and relax, wf had the perfect difficulty IMO

I don't want to feel stressed while playing otherwise it is a chore not a GAME.

Well ok, i respect you for it. Lots of people, myself included, play games to have fun and relax.

But how on Earth can you expect to not die often in end game content with your described style of play?

PSA : Rank isn't an indication of skill level.

Oh come on you really wanna go this way ?

All you have to do is point your weapon and click, I have lots of 6 formas weapons ive been playing fps/tps for 20 years, please STFU about skills.

At the end of the day I want to have fun and relax, I don't want to have to prepare my gear for half an hour, find 3 people that have good gear, plan how to attack a mission/planet/enemy everytime, I just want to PLAY.

My fav thing in this game is the parkour/coptering,

Look at this and come back to me about skills.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Well ok, i respect you for it. Lots of people, myself included, play games to have fun and relax.

But how on Earth can you expect to not die often in end game content with your described style of play?

My style is balls to the wall action, I think I just hate change thats all, always a different game every week.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

At the end of the day I want to have fun and relax, I don't want to have to prepare my gear for half an hour, find 3 people that have good gear, plan how to attack a mission/planet/enemy everytime, I just want to PLAY.

But you can do that, just play lower level missions. They will be easy no matter which faction you face.

Don't play hard missions and complain they are too hard, so that those of us who enjoy challenge can't find it anywhere.

Why ruin it for us, just so you can make the claim that nothing in the game is hard?

You can do that on Mercury. You do not need to fight lvl 40 infested for parkour, right?

What I mean is that, if everything is easy, people who want challenge will not find it. If everything is hard, people like you will not find a part of the game for them. Low level planets for relaxation, high level planets for challenge. A bit of everything for everyone.

Your view is perfectly fine. But I cannot accept when you ask DE to remove all challenge and ruin the game for other people.

The stuff you described here is for endgame. You don't go to endgame content without putting some thoughts about your loadout, tactics, team communication etc or it wouldn't be endgame, and if it wouldn't be endgame, then there would be no reason for all those strong weapons to exist, except their cosmetics.

If you wanna just play, go with some semi-good equipment to a 4/10 difficult mission and play the hell our of it.

If there is a game where you can go to endgame without even trying and blaze through it, i guess it's not a very good game...

All you have to do is point your weapon and click, I have lots of 6 formas weapons ive been playing fps/tps for 20 years, please STFU about skills.

20 years and you still fail to deal with the new infected.

I did that mission with a Boltor Prime with max Serration, Max Split Chamber, Malignant force, high voltage and Hellfire.

That isn't particularly powerful but it still shredded the infested very well.

Granted I was soloing it though.

I had no problem killing individuals with my soma+dex furis (first run solo) or boltor prime (second run with others) whenever I could aim at them.  I'm not complaining about stuff scaling with way too high health like in high-end void survival.  That was thankfully not the issue here, their health was high but it was a high-end mission and nothing was notably tanky.

The problem was that past a certain point there were tons of them surrounding me and all their special abilities were activating since ancients all are eximi and give enemies around them special abilities now.  The part I died repeatedly and popped my last three revives at was in a room where I had an ancient that was also a fire eximus on top of their base abilities now (it was one of the big hive rooms, the dead-end rectangular one).  The enemies would not stop spawning long enough for me to actually hunt out and kill the protective hives, I had fartsprays constantly running across the room making entire strips of it uninhabitable (I'd like DE to look at the logs or something because I swear to god I killed like 8 fartsprays in that one room and they kept on spawning), etc.

The problem is there were way too many of them with 50% of them having special abilities that were either unavoidable given the terrain or the nature of the abilityMaybe I just got unlucky with what combinations decided to spawn that run, but it was crazy, and when I grabbed other people for the second run we were on skype and they were also commenting on how crazy the number of spawns (and the number of spawns with special abilities) was for that mission.

I quite enjoyed the 3rd Mirage mission. Was dangerous but perfectly doable solo without reviving.

Here's a shot I took before I even had the revive issues.  This was a few rooms away from where I failed, and I was already noting a serious increase in the spawn rates of enemies (especially ones with abilities) which is why I took the below shot.

2014_07_22_00003.jpg

(Kinda' wish I had enemy radar so the sheer number of infested and how they were constantly coming from all directions could be seen.)

I just played this mission too. Solo.

I got my @$$ served. Now, in all fairness, it was a level 38 mission, and I soloed it. And I beat it.

But it was by far the hardest 15 minutes of WF I've ever played. But I am a pretty experienced player with about 15 forma on at the time.

I'm a fan of the new infested...but the spawn rates need to be checked out, HARD. and the ancient pulls need a way to be countered after the pull.

Yeah, my complaint is that given the enemy level and the mission, it was way harder than it should have been.  Like I mentioned before if it was Grineer or Corpus I would not be complaining here.  The infested were definitely the weakest faction beforehand and needed a buff, but all the buffs and abilities they got, put together in an actual mission, equal way too much given how many of them spawn and how they were spawning constantly.

They do have a wind up animation, which is really clear.

The issue is there are usually 10+ enemies on screen, many of which are standing in front of the Ancient since they don't run up to you anymore.

So...you can't see the windup.

Here's a proposal to address that. Cut Off Ancient's Arm During Pull

That's a great thread, definitely check his thread out.

Look at this and come back to me about skills.

Prepare gear for half an hour ?

As long you got 10+ 4 star to 5 star gear (with alternate configurations), there is no preparation at all.

In fact you got 6 forma weapons.

Just choose your poison and wreck hell.

Edited by fatpig84

My style is balls to the wall action, I think I just hate change thats all, always a different game every week.

That change was made to keep the players that love it when S#&$ gets tough (because there still aren't enough of this situations IMO). There is a lot of content in this game for people that don't like it tough. Every single player of this game can find stuff that fit him just right. If you don't find the new infested to fit you, play with lower levels of them or play against other 3 factions (or PvP). Don't try to remove difficulty from something that still isn't that hard IMO. 

I had no problem killing individuals with my soma+dex furis (first run solo) or boltor prime (second run with others) whenever I could aim at them.  I'm not complaining about stuff scaling with way too high health like in high-end void survival.  That was thankfully not the issue here, their health was high but it was a high-end mission and nothing was notably tanky.

The problem was that past a certain point there were tons of them surrounding me and all their special abilities were activating since ancients all are eximi and give enemies around them special abilities now.  The part I died repeatedly and popped my last three revives at was in a room where I had an ancient that was also a fire eximus on top of their base abilities now (it was one of the big hive rooms, the dead-end rectangular one).  The enemies would not stop spawning long enough for me to actually hunt out and kill the protective hives, I had fartsprays constantly running across the room making entire strips of it uninhabitable (I'd like DE to look at the logs or something because I swear to god I killed like 8 fartsprays in that one room and they kept on spawning), etc.

The problem is there were way too many of them with 50% of them having special abilities that were either unavoidable given the terrain or the nature of the abilityMaybe I just got unlucky with what combinations decided to spawn that run, but it was crazy, and when I grabbed other people for the second run we were on skype and they were also commenting on how crazy the number of spawns (and the number of spawns with special abilities) was for that mission.

Here's a shot I took before I even had the revive issues.  This was a few rooms away from where I failed, and I was already noting a serious increase in the spawn rates of enemies (especially ones with abilities) which is why I took the below shot.

(Kinda' wish I had enemy radar so the sheer number of infested and how they were constantly coming from all directions could be seen.)

Yeah, my complaint is that given the enemy level and the mission, it was way harder than it should have been.  Like I mentioned before if it was Grineer or Corpus I would not be complaining here.  The infested were definitely the weakest faction beforehand and needed a buff, but all the buffs and abilities they got, put together in an actual mission, equal way too much given how many of them spawn and how they were spawning constantly.

You took a DexFuris in there and suffered but it was trivial to clear rooms like that with a Brakk. I also had tornado handy if I got cornered like that and needed to make a hole. I didn't mention it but I never formad the Zephyr's aura so I had the extremely helpful physique equipped heh.

Level 40 infested should be hard and soloing higher level breeding ground missions were like there during the event so I had a good idea about what I was getting into with the hive sabotage.

Level 40 infested should be hard and soloing higher level breeding ground missions were like there during the event so I had a good idea about what I was getting into with the hive sabotage.

Hi 5, I was one of the other guys who soloed it during the event as well.

Got pretty hairy when things approached 80+ but still doable.

You took a DexFuris in there and suffered but it was trivial to clear rooms like that with a Brakk

The Dex came with a potato so it wasn't hard to make it kill anything I pointed it at.  The thing is a lot of their powers can affect you when you can't aim your guns at them to kill them, and you can only aim one direction at a time for the most part.

(I also LackABrakk, the G3 hate me in various ways.)

New infested are stupid. Have fun getting stumble-locked to death by the new Volatile Runners, who explode when you kill them with guns so the objective takes damage regardless, have fun having things like Rhino Stomp be completely ignored due to the new Ancients reducing energy power, and have fun with Ospreys that can get stuck even when nothing is in the way.

I mean, yes, it's a challenge, the infested shouldn't be the punching bag faction, but right now it's just not even fun to play infested. I'd play Infested so I can be silly with melee or something, but all the new BS that was added makes this much less viable, especially when two or three ancient healers show up and everything is a damage sponge. It may be justified that due to the large amount of Eximus units and the fantastic amount of EXP they used to give, 7000-9000 EXP vs 1200-1500 EXP of a heavy unit, now that Eximus unit EXP is either bugged or intentionally reduced, I have literally zero incentive to play infested. It's not fun, it's full of things that make Infested have the same scaling issues other factions have, and Infested are now the faction that just kind of ignores CC powers thanks to the new aura, some of which are as resilient as bosses. I stomped a crowd of infested and some of them recovered as fast as when I stomped Lech Kril on Phobos.

I mean, I could play Rhino, use Iron Skin to ignore the stupidity that is stumble-lock and toxic clouds, Roar for extra damage, and play my six star Penta and obliterate everything, but that's not fun.

If you're going to make it not fun, at least give me an incentive with more EXP. Honestly as of right now I'd take my chances with Lv70+ Void Corrupted enemies over Lv70+ Infested. And these are the same Corrupted with bloody guns and MOAs and unholy amounts of armor, because at least they don't cheese your CCs or stumble-lock you into oblivion or expel ginormous toxic clouds everywhere.

If you really want to give us a challenge, give us smart challenges, such as the Infested Leapers now side-rolling to dodge bullets or the better use of electricity attacks by the shock crawlers. Don't give everything cheap buffs or unavoidable debuffs  (yes, I'm looking at you, Toxic Ancient) unless you stand 70 metres away from everything with a Penta blowing everything to bits.

Edited by Arabaxus

No I don't fail I just don't find it as enjoyable now, I love all out destruction now it feels more like bullet sponges everywhere.

They're only bullet sponges if you refuse to head shot the ancient healer first..... Brute forcing everything and afk grind really was dumb anyway. I Actually having to aim for the weak spot and decide the most important target at the moment brings more challenges to the game, which is good.

im not trying to remove anything, too many times stuff i like got removed, im just saying too much of a challenge is not fun imo, if they can get the ballance right on all the planets like only ospreys on higher levels i have no problem with tha.

If you guys wanted a challenge then this change is okay. To us that needs to grind exp for lots of stuff it's bad news. I could grind and farm any dark sector solo, the most tedious, repetitive and boring aspect of the game, but now they have made it a pain. We can kiss it goodbye to our little niche place. So long Ogris, time to retire, you were wonderful while it last.

If you guys wanted a challenge then this change is okay. To us that needs to grind exp for lots of stuff it's bad news. I could grind and farm any dark sector solo, the most tedious, repetitive and boring aspect of the game, but now they have made it a pain. We can kiss it goodbye to our little niche place. So long Ogris, time to retire, you were wonderful while it last.

You can do it in Kappa like how the old guys did.

1) Put Decoy at terminal.

2) Use disarm

3) Shoot rocket.

Being doing that since U8.

>They're only bullet sponges if you refuse to headshot target the ancient first

Tell that to the two healing ancients that ate 8 shots from my Penta, which has an average raw damage output of 14,000 a shot.

Please tell me how headshot targeting the ancient is going to help if they are ginormous bullet sponges in the first place.