Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scrambler Gone

Pugnastyy

So since the new hotfix they took away the genetic scrambler for kubrows. Now honestly I'm a bit sad now that I can't get a cool pattern for my kubrows. Not sure if they will bring it back but I don't want everyone to have the same looking kubrow. 

You will be able to customize your Kubrow, they just temporarily took out the scrambler so people wouldn't be wasting their plat on it while they were taking in all the feedback on it. Many players did not like it, it was an RNG gambling system with premium currency. A lot of people(myself included) told DE that they would be willing to pay a higher plat cost if they were allowed to directly choose how their Kubrow looked, instead of leaving it to RNG.

So since the new hotfix they took away the genetic scrambler for kubrows. Now honestly I'm a bit sad now that I can't get a cool pattern for my kubrows. Not sure if they will bring it back but I don't want everyone to have the same looking kubrow. 

The number of patterns wasn't really all that big...most people had similar patterns anyway.....

I would "almost" understand this argument if there were like 20+ pattern per body type...but there aren't

A better way rather than a moneysink that might not give you what you want (oldschool RNG cash shop stype blows) is not something we should ever allow or want in WF...the game has enough RNG as is...no need to turn the cash shop into more of an RNG playground.

Edited by Shehriazad

You will be able to customize your Kubrow, they just temporarily took out the scrambler so people wouldn't be wasting their plat on it while they were taking in all the feedback on it. Many players did not like it, it was an RNG gambling system with premium currency. A lot of people(myself included) told DE that they would be willing to pay a higher plat cost if they were allowed to directly choose how their Kubrow looked, instead of leaving it to RNG.

What's funny is initially people were demanding a refund after it was removed. 

Personally, I'd gladly pay for a way to guarantee my Sunika is short, chubby, and vibrant pink with white stripes.

What's funny is initially people were demanding a refund after it was removed. 

Personally, I'd gladly pay for a way to guarantee my Sunika is short, chubby, and vibrant pink with white stripes.

Well, yeah, some people spent a gratuitous amount of plat on the Scrambler, now granted, that is mostly their fault, they probably did not think that DE would be changing it any time soon, so they had to do their best to get their Kubrow how they wanted it. If they did get it back, they would more than likely spend it on the new system that DE will be adding for Kubrow customization.

I'm right there with you, I'd pay a good amount to make sure that my Kubrow had one of the really big burly/chunky builds, with a good colored coat, and the Lotus pattern.

Well, yeah, some people spent a gratuitous amount of plat on the Scrambler, now granted, that is mostly their fault, they probably did not think that DE would be changing it any time soon, so they had to do their best to get their Kubrow how they wanted it. If they did get it back, they would more than likely spend it on the new system that DE will be adding for Kubrow customization.

I'm right there with you, I'd pay a good amount to make sure that my Kubrow had one of the really big burly/chunky builds, with a good colored coat, and the Lotus pattern.

Chunky Kubrow™

Screw the scrambler. I've spent 70 plat just so I can get to my bland white fur I originally was.

White

White

Grey

White

White

Lotus

White

I should have stayed at 60p for the lotus, but the color scheme sucked big time. Talking about how DE didn't want bright lime or pink colors, it was white with grey stripes and bright orange spots??....super lame...

I hope they don't bring back the scrambler and give us the option to buy separate fur patterns from the market. Let us use our color pallets or give us a seperate kubrow pallet. I don't care, either way... A terrible RNG system that requires you to use premium currency was definitely a mistake. I'm glad it's gone.

The Scrambler is gone now due to the fact that DE noticed an overwhelming amount of feedback showing logical reasons why the system of it was flawed and needed to be removed, reworked/changed, and reintroduced. It was more like a gamble than anything, and Platinum and RNG are NOT meant for eachother.

The Scrambler is gone now due to the fact that DE noticed an overwhelming amount of feedback showing logical reasons why the system of it was flawed and needed to be removed, reworked/changed, and reintroduced. It was more like a gamble than anything, and Platinum and RNG are NOT meant for eachother.

That and the differences in coloring was barely noticeable.  White, off-white, pale yellow, and brown.