Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banned/suspended For No Reason

SnOuJ

So me and my fried were playing before hotfix 14.0.5...after updating the game he tries to log in and a message pop's up saying that he is banned until 2035...Now he's side of the story....By the way he's name tag is <snip> ...: So... I was playing Warframe, and me and a friend, we decided to do some Orokin Derelict Assassination missions, he had 2 keys, and he used the 1st one, We ended the mission and he noticed that the key wasnt disappearing after he used it, so we thought that was a funny thing, so we kept on doing it, we did some runs like 5 or more and he still had 2 keys, at some point I start getting the warning of "updating account information and the previous progress wont be saved" (or something like that) at the end of each mission, I didnt really pay attention to that and kept on going, until the hotfix 14.0.5 came up so i refreshed the game, and when i log in after the update and i put my e-mail and password, it basically says im banned until 1st of june 2035, and I did nothing wrong... And I have to report that i was getting a bug where, for example i crafted some ODA keys in the forge, and when i go to the iventory or to the derelict in the navigation menu, they are not there and i cant use them, i dont know if that is related or not but, there it is, all the information i can give right now. Please fix this.

So he did nothing wrong, yet at the same time he was continually re-using a key even though it wasn't used like normal for who knows how many times instead of reporting the issue and not continuing to exploit the key?

OP, I hope that I'm not alone with seeing exactly what your friend did wrong here.
He should have reported the issue instead of continuing to exploit it.

Hopefully support can help, but I wouldn't hold too much hope.

So he did nothing wrong, yet at the same time he was continually re-using a key even though it wasn't used like normal for who knows how many times instead of reporting the issue and not continuing to exploit the key?

OP, I hope that I'm not alone with seeing exactly what your friend did wrong here.

He should have reported the issue instead of continuing to exploit it.

Hopefully support can help, but I wouldn't hold too much hope.

The thing was that he didn't even was the hoster of the key...and the hoster happened nothing to him

Edited by SnOuJ

Contact support desk.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Explain it all to them, include the files they want, and give them some time. Both of you could submit tickets including files just so they have a full grasp of it (since you were running together).

What likely happened was actually something I got accidentally banned for some weeks ago. Because of the bugged/reusable key and the failures to save progress (in my case, severely slow and choppy internet as well as a location change) having weird results on the account server-side, they started picking up abnormal activity. Strange activity like that can also be interpreted as hacking, attempting to alter your account server-side, and all sorts of other bad things. As a result, the account was automatically banned to prevent any exploits. They might have you guys scan for malware and make sure everything is right with your computers, as hardware malfunctions could potentially also be a cause of weird signals.

By the way, the support desk is amazing, and you'll be back in the game soon enough!

The thing was that he didn't even was the hoster of the key...and the hoster happened nothing to him

Your original post disagrees.

So me and my fried were playing before hotfix 14.0.5...after updating the game he tries to log in and a message pop's up saying that he is banned until 2035...Now he's side of the story....By the way he's name tag is Migalhinhas...: So... I was playing Warframe, and me and a friend, we decided to do some Orokin Derelict Assassination missions, he had 2 keys, and he used the 1st one, We ended the mission and he noticed that the key wasnt disappearing after he used it, so we thought that was a funny thing, so we kept on doing it,

You said it was just you and a friend. There was no other "hoster" who didn't get punished.

Consider this, with the amount of bugs there are in Warframe would it be the players fault if we encounter a problem. Like in this case, I would never check how many keys I have left because I have many, I would continued on oblivious that I'm doing a wrong and getting vague error messages isn't helping.

Like those poor players that got banned over the catalyst alert and kubrow egg quest fiasco. Aside from the dodgy OP posts, DE you want to be more lenient on auto ban since bugs are on a rampage.

I was the hoster -.-

You said you did nothing wrong but thought it was funny to infinitely use keys that werent going away rather than telling DE something was up

As far as you,DE, or anyone here should be concerned it was entirely the fault of both you and your friend and party members who thought itd be a gas to repeatedly misuse these keys

You said you did nothing wrong but thought it was funny to infinitely use keys that werent going away rather than telling DE something was up

As far as you,DE, or anyone here should be concerned it was entirely the fault of both you and your friend and party members who thought itd be a gas to repeatedly misuse these keys

Guys... it's a bug, and it's a game... No need to be so serious. While the use of the bug(I'll consider it an exploit if you were purposely attempting to do it infinitely instead of it being something you happened upon), is rather frowned upon. If you found the bug randomly it's not something 2035 banworthy.

Guys... it's a bug, and it's a game... No need to be so serious. While the use of the bug(I'll consider it an exploit if you were purposely attempting to do it infinitely instead of it being something you happened upon), is rather frowned upon. If you found the bug randomly it's not something 2035 banworthy.

Well still 24 hours from incident and support didn't say enything...but I think we are not the only ones in trouble and they have tons of reports. Hopefuly they can fix this or something because we spended a lot of time in this game.So yeah the only thing we gotta do is wait. Thanks for all youre support guys. There are still some people there that cares about others :3

Edited by SnOuJ

Dont use that its just a game thing here as if it means something

Noones that serious right now except perhaps you

He didnt just use the bug so it was banworthy

If you find a bug such as "hey we can do runs and it doesn't use keys", and you decide to keep using that to your advantage, that is an exploit and you get no mercy from DE, and no sympathy from me.

That's no one's fault but their own, and to say they were banned/suspended for "no reason" is laughable.