Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting Ordis To Be Fully Optional

CapricaSix

I find Ordis to be nothing but an absolute nuisance, I don't find it funny, useful or entertaining one bit. Not to mention all of this gets even worse over time as the messages and especially the popups are incredibly repetitive and often, doing nothing but adding to the annoyance.

It's already somewhat an inconvenience that we can't completely turn off Lotus popups during missions aside from the vocal announcements, but at least she's giving us somewhat relevant and useful information like someone's used life support or enemies detected us, etc. Ordis does nothing but nag, have silly monologues and it really serves no purpose. I'd have it removed from my own game as an optional feature if possible. Or at least include the option to turn off the popups as well. Please consider this.

To anyone that actually enjoy Ordis, I don't mind that you do; all I'm asking for is some peace and quiet, and keeping my screen clean of random popups. This change would not affect you in any possible way.

Isn't there a transmission volume option that would disable him?  I mean in that case the only thing that shows up is the text box and you would have to actively read that for it to be annoying...

Voice packs for different Cephalon AIs would still be cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

I laughed hard at that.

As for the topic: wasn't there an option to silence the comms?

Of course, but that doesn't stop the neverending popup messages everytime they so very unnecessarily announce that they still exist. Doesn't make it any less annoying really.

Of course, but that doesn't stop the neverending popup messages everytime they so very unnecessarily announce that they still exist. Doesn't make it any less annoying really.

Right, forgot about that.

That could open the path to different Cephalons once we get to customise our ships.

all I want is to replace Ordis with GLaDOS... please tell me I'm not the only one here right? RIGHT!?

Sorry, you're the only one :P that would actually give me more reason to turn it off.

Personally the only way I'd keep it on is if they got Brian Blessed to do the announcements as if he's stuck in a palm pilot.

And yep, a mute cephalon would be very welcome, let it handle the ship without disturbing us, no popups, no noise.