The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Rampant Crashing

Daequil

Since update 14 whenever I go into a mission I can play for about 6 minutes then the game hangs and crashes, it has been a week and this issue still has not been fixed despite me posting it on the megathread.

Where can I access that?

Pretty much when you crash a "Warframe bug report" should happear, when so if you keep on reading there should be something sayin: WAR-####, just send that to megan with your report and she should be able to investigate it.

Edited by Mrevasivepants

some crash dont give WAR numbers.

i've experienced a few crashes too since u14 deployed, but the WAR numbers only appear 2 times.

Some game crashes don't give you the report window.

If you have a freeze crash, game hangs and you have to close it, no report window comes up.

I'm also experiencing crashes in-game with U14, but not as consistent with previous OP claim on being at 6 minute mark.

It's quite random for me, game crashes, I log back in and doesn't recover the game.

Especially frustrating at long survival games, or last defense wave, game goes puff (only game crashes, everything else on computer running fine, not that it is much), all experience and items collected vanish, gg.

If this inconsistency continues, it's a deal breaker for me. 

If you get a crash without a WAR-##### number, you need to submit a Support Ticket with your EE.log and dxdiag.txt files. It's important that you grab your EE.log immediately after you crash; don't start the game again until after you send in your EE.log as starting the game again will wipe your EE.log to start a new one.

Your EE.log file is located in your "%localappdata%\Warframe\" folder ("%appdata%"\local\Warframe" for Windows XP), an alternative way to get there is through "C:\Users\<Your Windows Name>\appdata\local\Warframe\"

To generate a dxdiag.txt file, you'll need to bring up the run prompt (Windows Button + R, or through the start menu) and type "dxdiag". You'll now get a window with some info, and you'll want to hit "Save All Information", which will prompt you for a location to save your dxdiag.txt file.

9QyNCZU.jpg

Once you have these two files, upload them to the support ticket and try to be as descriptive as possible with what you were doing before you crashed.