The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Tilesets + Art!: Eris Surface

Cloudy13

I had figured you were gone because of that fact that you did not update me on the Venus picture. Glad to see you're still around. :)

To be honest I just got distracted and forgot. Your return jogged my memory!

In any case I look forward to what you come up with, I was hoping the asteroid belts would be mission location from back when they teased U14.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I was looking for this everywhere, glad I found it back. And as always, pretty nice lore -- but a bit short on location description.

Sadly, that was a problem I knew I would encounter when it came to these. There's so much empty space it's hard to really describe the location accurately. All I can really do is go on about the ships, and sometimes about their asteroids. 

Anyways, I've been jumping in and out of writer's block for this whole thread. I think after I'm finished with the Infested Archwing tileset, I'm gonna take a look at making new sub-nodes. Or, an idea involving syndicates (which might be transferred to a separate thread linked in this one).

Please, if you're considering a rework of the planets, consider ideas touched upon in The Expanse a series by James S.A. Corey.

YEEEESSSSS.

Unfortunately that means he'd have to add Jupiter's other moons and then some as new planets. I can cover that for you if you want: I myself love the idea of Ganymeade as a Corpus agricultural colony.

YEEEESSSSS.

Unfortunately that means he'd have to add Jupiter's other moons and then some as new planets. I can cover that for you if you want: I myself love the idea of Ganymeade as a Corpus agricultural colony.

For some reason, you cannot receive private messages, so I'll have to ask you here.

What do you mean by 'covering it'? And, I would like a small explanation of 'The Expanse'. I'm certain that there's a possibility of adding some of Jupiter's moons to the star chart.

List of Things Done Today:

Removed the Eris Set, as I plan on redoing that completely (if you're wondering what it's going to be, think of the Brethren Moons from Dead Space).

Added the Kuiper Belt. I couldn't come up with a boss this time, sadly, so I was wondering what you guys wanted to see out of a Corpus Archwing boss.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do you think of scaling different planets' gravity? (Except on gas giants, of course, since you're floating at an arbitrary point in the atmosphere.)

EDIT: Actually, if Phobos had realistic gravity you could probably get into orbit by coptering.

Edited by Akavakaku

It could be something to take into consideration, though I'm not too well-versed on these planet's gravities. Taking into consideration that places like Phobos, which are completely different from their real life counterpart, exist, I'd say that whatever the Orokin did had some effect on gravity, to make living more 'comfortable'.

I'd say just leave gravity alone unless it's a special property of the tileset. Like a Moon Tileset, that'd be neat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for bumping. I'm sorry I haven't actually updated this in so long. I may have lost interest slightly. I would like to keep this open in case I do want to work on it. If anyone wants to PM me to offer ideas, second opinions and such, feel free to do so. If you have ideas for any tilesets, then PM them to me, or simply post in this thread!