Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Tilesets + Art!: Eris Surface

Cloudy13

With Nef Anyo receiving a rework soon, I won't be touching on him in the Mars section until he is released. When I have formed opinions on him and Derf.

Oh, by the way. A little teaser for a hazard on Mars.

sandworm_b1.jpg

Your ideas, very original and cool. I've been wanting tilesets based on the actual planets. I wish to see this become more popular, you deserve it. Keep working on this, I am very interested with what you come up with.

Thank you so much for this! Don't worry, I'll have Mars up soon enough. :)

Found screenshots I was talking about. Yeah I'm like, 90% sure that's Europa.

-snip-

Still interested in your version tho!

Well, don't worry, that tileset actually works well with my particular idea. There's just going to be something a little... different about it. :)

As much as I enjoyed reading through the ideas, if these were to be implemented I dont think warframe would ever come out of beta lol.

There's so much work to be done, I feel like this game is always going to be a WIP and we have to settle for reading cool ideas like this.

Surprise!

Added Mars! Most likely filled with errors, but it was rather late. Please notify me of any sloppy writing, unclear explanations, or bad ideas. Suggestions and criticisms are always welcome!!

I know what you're about to say "Cloudy, Phobos already has a unique tileset!". I say to you, why can't it be a little MORE unique? Perhaps a little more explanation why it looks like MARS! Anyways, hope you enjoy Mars. Sorry for the wait, folks!

Completely rewrote Mercury. Sorry if you guys were expecting Phobos, I was just looking over some things and noticed a lot of sloppy writing. Looking over Mercury again gave me some ideas as well. Hope you like it!

Also, I looked at Jupiter today and noticed that there was a tile with a lot of lava. Which makes me happy, as the Corpus lava harvesting now makes a lot of sense. Sending it to Jupiter to be refined!

Yes, rewriting of Venus is most definitely next.

How about one or two nodes per planet are the controlling faction's ships?

That seems like it could work. Usually you see about two or three ships floating around planets anyways. The same can be said for Grineer asteroids, though I think those should be limited to planets that actually are in/near the asteroid belt. 

Corpus Outposts on Mars are actually on the poles. Just to keep some of those levels there. So about two or three Corpus Outpost missions on Mars. With five or six of them on the side of the mountain and the rest inside of the Caldera.

I only scanned the Mercury part, but already I love it.  DE, use this as inspiration for replacing the boring tilesets we have now!

I'm glad you liked it! Feel free to suggest. I'm open to ideas and criticisms. I want this to be a community thing. :)

Venus suggestions eh? Ok!

A second related tileset to mix it up a bit.

Aerostats

Since the Venusian atmosphere is so thick an Earth-like atmosphere mix functions as a lifting gas, allowing the Corpus to suspend huge air filled colonies several kilometers above the surface.

Aerostats would bear a particular resemblance to Jovian processing plants but would generally be more open in concept. As colonies they also have more noticeable Crew areas, much like the ruined ships around Eris.

Special actions and hazards could include switching between Aerostats or even ground complexes via some kind of large pneumatic tube, complete with high speed falling gun battles with Crew and Drones. External or damaged areas could have dangerous corrosive gas hazards, thanks to the heavy sulfuric acid content in Venusian clouds. 

New Corpus Units

Miner: These black suited Corpus crew have modified helmets with a powerful flood light attached. They can overload the floodlight, temporarily blinding enemies but burning it out in the process. They are armed with Quanta mining tools.

Fighter Drone: Usually found in external areas or within the transport tubes of Aerostats, these appear as elongated black Drones with large segmented wings. Armed with two heavy plasma machine guns and pulse missiles, they attack by rapidly strafing their targets.

Lava Diver: A Corpus technician developed for deployment in Lavaflows. They wear comically bulky suits similar to those of old fashioned diving equipment. Completely immune to fire damage, they attack by popping out of lava and striking with heavily reinforced fists, all while coated in lava. The lava deals fire damage in a radius around the Diver and shields him from retaliation (Ember's old skill but with a hp value). Once his lava shield is gone, the Diver will attempt to retreat back to the nearest lava.

Wild animal

Carson's Raptor: Mostly non hostile, these Archeopteryx like birds will occasionally gather in large swarms and attempt to overwhelm a much larger target if they feel threatened.

Edited by ValhaHazred