Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Bow, Worst Bow?

Glasglow

How does elemental damage work, it says that it gave me 360 corrossive damage, is that like 360 bonus damage to my 420 dread damage, and also 75% increase from that 360 damage against heavy units, basically giving me 630 corossive damage against them? 

So the arsenal says it gives you 360 corossive dmg.

Against a corrupted heavy gunner (or in other words ferrite armor), you'd get a bonus of 75% with corrosive dmg. So yes, 630. 

However, the corrosive elemental dmg also ignores 75% of the defensive ability of their massive armor. The higher level the heavy gunner, the more beneficial this armor ignore becomes. The armor ignore is more beneficial than the bonus damage >.>.

oh and um, sawtooth doesn't do much of anything. I'd only use it if it's all you have or all that fits while leveling.

Split chamber is great on all rifles

last mod would be either cryo rounds or hell fire.

lastly, dread is a crit weapon. crits gain massive benefits from head shots (proc's as well which dread is also fairly potent with). long as you're confident to make the shot go for the head.

Edited by Quizel

How do you guys deal with corrupted Heavy gunners in Tier 3 Void missions?

I can barely scratch them with my Dread, even with headshots, currently what i'm running on dred is:

-Serration rank 5 (90%)

-Vital Sense Rank 4 (100% crit damage)

-Point Strike Max (120% Crit)

-Speed Trigger Max (60%)

-Sawooth clip rank 3 (20% Slash damage)

What else should i use to icnrease my dreads power? I can barely see 2k crits most of the time, which is not nearly enough to even one shot enemies in T3, especially not armored ones.

I know i need split chamber, working on it..

Upping your proc chance can help. Slash procs ignore armor and add 245% damage over 6 seconds, invaluable for killing heavily armored late game Grineer.  50% of your procs will be physical and 90% of those procs will be Slash.  For reference, if you have all three event status/damage mods equipped 25% of all arrows will proc Slash. 

How do you guys deal with corrupted Heavy gunners in Tier 3 Void missions?

I can barely scratch them with my Dread, even with headshots, currently what i'm running on dred is:

-Serration rank 5 (90%)

-Vital Sense Rank 4 (100% crit damage)

-Point Strike Max (120% Crit)

-Speed Trigger Max (60%)

-Sawooth clip rank 3 (20% Slash damage)

What else should i use to icnrease my dreads power? I can barely see 2k crits most of the time, which is not nearly enough to even one shot enemies in T3, especially not armored ones.

I know i need split chamber, working on it..

What you need are some more elementals. Get some Corrosive damage (Toxic + Electric combination) on there for Void and Infested builds.

What I'd recommend as a general build for bows:

- Serration

- Split Chamber

- Vital Sense

- Point Strike

- Element1

- Element2

- Speed Trigger

^^These, in my book, are pretty much required for bows. You want to shoot fast and hit hard.

For that last slot, you can choose between:

- Hammer Shot (recommended)

- Bane (no effect in Void, but very slightly stronger than Hammer Shot on other factions)

- Element3 (not recommended if you've got Hammer Shot)

- Fast Hands (for if your bow is already strong enough to one-shot everything, in which case no other mod will have nearly as much of an impact. I personally use this.)

- Heavy Caliber (not recommended due to horrendous accuracy loss; damage boosts from Bane or HS are already more than enough)

I'd stay away from Sawtooth Clip, since the slash damage bonus is actually quite small and doesn't ignore armor. I'd also advise that you stay away from Status Chance if it means sacrificing your damage-- as awesome as Slash procs are, they're very unreliable. Plus, there's no need for procs at all in the first place if you can kill enemies in one shot (which is very easy for a well-built bow).

Edited by SortaRandom

What you need are some more elementals. Get some Corrosive damage (Toxic + Electric combination) on there for Void and Infested builds.

What I'd recommend as a general build for bows:

- Serration

- Split Chamber

- Vital Sense

- Point Strike

- Element1

- Element2

- Speed Trigger

^^These, in my book, are pretty much required for bows. You want to shoot fast and hit hard.

For that last slot, you can choose between:

- Hammer Shot (recommended)

- Bane (no effect in Void, but very slightly stronger than Hammer Shot on other factions)

- Fast Hands (for if your bow is already strong enough to one-shot everything, in which case no other mod will have nearly as much of an impact. I personally use this.)

- Heavy Caliber (not recommended due to horrendous accuracy loss; damage boosts from Bane or HS are already more than enough)

I'd stay away from Sawtooth Clip, since the slash damage bonus is actually quite small and doesn't ignore armor. I'd also advise that you stay away from Status Chance if it means sacrificing your damage-- as awesome as Slash procs are, they're very unreliable. Plus, there's no need for procs at all in the first place if you can kill enemies in one shot (which is very easy for a well-built bow).

Bane is way stronger than Hammer Shot in all cases.  You can also use Critical Delay for more red crits if you're already equipping Speed Trigger. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

Bane is way stronger than Hammer Shot in all cases.  You can also use Critical Delay for more red crits if you're already equipping Speed Trigger. 

Haven't tried Critical Delay yet. I'd personally take the speed over red crits any day of the week, especially considering how unreliable they are. The only time I'd consider using it is if they ever bring the glitched level 80 Lephantis back, since that's pretty much the only mob in the game that requires the massive sustained damage. XD

As for the Bane vs. HS thing, Bane actually isn't that much stronger. Bane boosts the final weapon damage by exactly 30%, whereas Hammer Shot boosts Dread's final damage by roughly 27% (assuming an exact 100% yellow critical rate and that Vital Sense is maxed). Bane is a tiny bit stronger and works better with uncharged shots (which have a significantly lower crit chance), but HS isn't faction-restricted (meaning that it'll still be at full power if another faction invades your mission, which is quite common in the Derelicts) and actually has an effect against the Corrupted. Plus, that extra status chance is nice (although unreliable, of course).

Both of them are pretty good, but I'd personally take Hammer Shot. I never use uncharged shots on bows, and the +3% boost that Bane has over HS doesn't affect me considering that I one-shot pretty much anything with it anyways. xD

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm kind of dissapointed to find out that the dread stalker drop bow is the worst of them all, why is the hardest to get bow, the worst one? ._.

It has slash damage, judging from this table: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Slash is the worst possible damage type, half the enemies have resistance against it and it only gives minor bonus to flesh enemies, while Puncture damage is the best type.

Slashing is effective against Infested and Grineer plus in damage 2.0 the base damage is mostly irrelevant, it's mainly just used as the number to determine your elemental damage from. Not to mention ridiculous crit chance.

I've seen 20,000 damage shots come out of my Dread without using Forma, if that's the worst bow then you don't need the best.

Haven't tried Critical Delay yet. I'd personally take the speed over red crits any day of the week, especially considering how unreliable they are. The only time I'd consider using it is if they ever bring the glitched level 80 Lephantis back, since that's pretty much the only mob in the game that requires the massive sustained damage. XD

As for the Bane vs. HS thing, Bane actually isn't that much stronger. Bane boosts the final weapon damage by exactly 30%, whereas Hammer Shot boosts Dread's final damage by roughly 27% (assuming an exact 100% yellow critical rate and that Vital Sense is maxed). Bane is a tiny bit stronger and works better with uncharged shots (which have a significantly lower crit chance), but HS isn't faction-restricted (meaning that it'll still be at full power if another faction invades your mission, which is quite common in the Derelicts) and actually has an effect against the Corrupted. Plus, that extra status chance is nice (although unreliable, of course).

Both of them are pretty good, but I'd personally take Hammer Shot. I never use uncharged shots on bows, and the +3% boost that Bane has over HS doesn't affect me considering that I one-shot pretty much anything with it anyways. xD

My mistake; I was thinking of the Soma, not bows.

last mod would be either cryo rounds or hell fire.

I now agree with sortarandom, especially against armored targets at higher level.  

I took a 2nd look at how hammer shot vs elemental dmg (heat and cold) scales with enemy level and armor.

Enemy type corrupted lancer (because they have alloy armor-best chance for cryo rounds to be better)

LVL 8 Hellfire and Cryo Rounds are about 8 to 9% higher dps than hammer shot

LVL 50 Cryo rounds 1% above HS, Hellfire 1% less than HS

LVL 55'ish HS pulls ahead

LVL 100'ish HS 15% higher dps than cryo

LVL 1000'ish HS 75% higher dps than cryo

(note: all theory crafts shown assume no one is rocking corrosive projection)

With that said, a 3rd elemental mod against a specific enemy type can prove to be clearly higher dps than HS, however, HS scales well across all factions.

2nd Round of theocraft assuming Head Shots only vs Corrupted Lancer

LVL 8 Hellfire 5% above HS, Cryo 1% above HS

LVL 50 HS about 10% above hellfire and Cryo

LVL 100'ish HS about 30% above hellfire and cryo

LVL 1000'ish HS about 77% above hellfire and cryo

The results from this say that Hammer Shot is very competitive low level and clearly becomes the winner as long as you perform head shots.

Comparing across all factions, hammer shot remains competitive (within 10%) if not superior .

Edited by Quizel

The Slash on this thing, (and not to mention that incredible critical chance) are the best things about this weapon. I find Slash to be the best type. Dread is definitely the best bow in this game. It is easy to get from the Stalker since it is a common drop. Give it a chance. 

The Slash on this thing, (and not to mention that incredible critical chance) are the best things about this weapon. I find Slash to be the best type. Dread is definitely the best bow in this game. It is easy to get from the Stalker since it is a common drop. Give it a chance. 

If you haven't been reading the whole topic, i do own a dread thats semi beefed up, and its still not doing that great yet.

Yes i do see headshots that do 20-30k red crits on infested, but those are singular exceptions and having a bow vs infested is a waste , they are melee and easy to kill with any kind of melee weapon or a ogris.

Edited by Glasglow

put Corrosive and Cold on Dread. Dread already specialize in Slash damage allow you to kill infested. Corrosive lower Grineer armor and Cold will help dealing with Corpus shield and also deal some additional damage to some Heavy grineers such as: Napalm and Bombard. (Cold have "+" damage to Alloy armored grineer / Corrosive can kill Ferrite Armored grineer)

there you go....a weapon that can kill any factions

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

If you haven't been reading the whole topic, i do own a dread thats semi beefed up, and its still not doing that great yet.

Yes i do see headshots that do 20-30k red crits on infested, but those are singular exceptions and having a bow vs infested is a waste , they are melee and easy to kill with any kind of melee weapon or a ogris.

Well bows aren t the best weapon to deal with infested in the 1st place

You can still use dread though but to deal with the ancients & eximi, otherwise better use your melee or secondary

I usually go with dread (used as I just mentionned), angstrum/brakk & orthospr/drnikana/dual swords when dealing with them

What about thunderbolt + multishot?

I'm kind of dissapointed to find out that the dread stalker drop bow is the worst of them all, why is the hardest to get bow, the worst one? ._.

It has slash damage, judging from this table: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Slash is the worst possible damage type, half the enemies have resistance against it and it only gives minor bonus to flesh enemies, while Puncture damage is the best type.

lol cute.

the dread in my opion is the best of the bows, being somewhat matched by the paris prime but the higher red crits and faster flight speed on the dread has me reaching for it every time i go for the bow. 

lol cute.

the dread in my opion is the best of the bows, being somewhat matched by the paris prime but the higher red crits and faster flight speed on the dread has me reaching for it every time i go for the bow. 

Aye, i'm getting better results from this dread so far after throwing a forma into it and having a reactor inside.

What i find annoying is that there are very few Ancient infested in Void Missions but too many Heavy Gunners, they should even out the nubmers and add more infested type enemies.

Edited by Glasglow

• 1 month later...

September 15th.

Dear diary, i have formated my dread 5 times and have a catalyst in it, today i've been to Survival T4 and played up to 60 minutes, mostly one-shotting everyone except the gunners sometimes. The damage is tons of damage.

The end.

CBbvIaq.png

:I I use dread in 60+ T4 survival runs. only got like 1 or 2 forma in it. I have yet to find an enemy besides bosses, that take more then 1 shot to kill.

I don't even have max serration and nor a heavy cal on it.

Edited by RIOTx

What is a forma and what are the better options for Mods in a dread?

apparently you are still new, since you don't know the potential of it and the function of forma, and plus you relying too much on the damage simulation program and just blindly judge the weapon on how bad it is with the program's dps result.. 

for the build Try: Max serration, split chamber, Speed trigger, Point Strike , Vital Sense, three elemental mods depending on the faction you fighting*preferably Event Dual stat mod* and a heavy caliber or if you are aiming for the heads go for another elemental mods. Forma when you needed more mod capacity*might need 3 i think*

*post when you know the weapon really well next time to avoid flaming..*

:I I use dread in 60+ T4 survival runs. only got like 1 or 2 forma in it. I have yet to find an enemy besides bosses, that take more then 1 shot to kill.

I don't even have max serration and nor a heavy cal on it.

apparently you are still new, since you don't know the potential of it and the function of forma, and plus you relying too much on the damage simulation program and just blindly judge the weapon on how bad it is with the program's dps result.. 

for the build Try: Max serration, split chamber, Speed trigger, Point Strike , Vital Sense, three elemental mods depending on the faction you fighting*preferably Event Dual stat mod* and a heavy caliber or if you are aiming for the heads go for another elemental mods. Forma when you needed more mod capacity*might need 3 i think*

*post when you know the weapon really well next time to avoid flaming..*

I agree with everything you said but this man. Stats tell the entire story. And your brain chooses whether or not to warp it XD The Dread is AMAZING. Completely and totally OP in everywhichway.

*ahem*

September 15th.

Dear diary, i have formated my dread 5 times and have a catalyst in it, today i've been to Survival T4 and played up to 60 minutes, mostly one-shotting everyone except the gunners sometimes. The damage is tons of damage.

The end.