Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Are Short Lived Creatures

Gammaion

Genetic destabilization is essentially aging. Kubrows can only live for a short while (week?) without DNA Stabilizers.

So much for the Orokin breeding a master race animal that is a mix of many different species. They forgot to make them live long!

Either that, or they had so much DNA Stabilizers handy (possibly used on themselves?) that they felt no need to make them live long lives. DNA Stabilizers are anti aging agents.

Feral Kubrow have possibly evolved to live much longer than their ancestors. (or they lead the same short lives, but just breed extremely fast, which explains why Kubrow eggs are so rare.)

If the trait that makes Feral Kubrows live longer is true, Kubrow eggs hatched in an incubator are genetically modified with Orokin Kubrow DNA so this explains why they do not have this trait when hatched.

This is just a random bit of headcanon and speculation. Please do not jump to the conclusion that I created this thread with the intent of complaining, thank you.

Edited by Gammaion

So, could you clarify this for me as I currently do not know, if they reach 0% they actually die? Like as in they are gone from your inventory?

If so, I'm not sure i'd want to indulge in Kubrows. That would break my heart...and my wallet.

So, could you clarify this for me as I currently do not know, if they reach 0% they actually die? Like as in they are gone from your inventory?

If so, I'm not sure i'd want to indulge in Kubrows. That would break my heart...and my wallet.

Yes, they die. Permanently. Forever.

Its a heartbreak for my wallet too.

Edited by Gammaion

That's why stasis exists. Put them in the freezer till you have credits to buy stabilizers. There's lots of ways to make cash in-game.

Yes, they die. Permanently. Forever.

Its a heartbreak for my wallet too.

I'm really not fond of that. If it made the kubrow unusable, then i'd be ok, but to just lose it?

What if you used a catalyst on it? And multiple forma, and finally got a kubrow that you like the appearance of. All of that work, all of that personal connection just up and gone if you forget to put it into a stasis that requires you wait THREE HOURS just to be able to use it again. 

It's anxiety filling to be honest. Kind of turns me away from using them.

I'm really not fond of that. If it made the kubrow unusable, then i'd be ok, but to just lose it?

What if you used a catalyst on it? And multiple forma, and finally got a kubrow that you like the appearance of. All of that work, all of that personal connection just up and gone if you forget to put it into a stasis that requires you wait THREE HOURS just to be able to use it again. 

It's anxiety filling to be honest. Kind of turns me away from using them.

Yes, all of that would be wasted.

I'm pretty sure they deliberately stealth nerfed the sentinels to encourage people to use Kubrows.

They are essentially a fancy Tamagotchi.

Hmm. To be completely honest, if they implemented a purchasable item to basically preserve their status ( basically stop the aging/degredation process ) I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Even if it took 100 plat to buy it, i'd do that. 

Otherwise, I agree these things feel like frigging tamagotchi's. All that work just for them to turn into a tombstone on a pixelated screen. BLEAGH

Edited by Omni_Omega

Hmm. To be completely honest, if they implemented a purchasable item to basically preserve their status ( basically stop the aging/degredation process ) I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Even if it took 100 plat to buy it, i'd do that. 

Otherwise, I agree these things feel like frigging tamagotchi's. All that work just for them to turn into a tombstone on a pixelated screen. BLEAGH

In my opinion, its the creeping sign of a certain company. All of these design choices are adding up.

In my opinion, its the creeping sign of a certain company. All of these design choices are adding up.

Now i have to find some info about that company taking over certain company.

There must be something new about that issue.

Yes, all of that would be wasted.

I'm pretty sure they deliberately stealth nerfed the sentinels to encourage people to use Kubrows.

They are essentially a fancy Tamagotchi.

Wait, wut? stealth nerfed?

What exactly did they do to the Sentinels? 

wow so you are forced to run Sechuras 5x! HOW AWEFUL!

O and if you want to take a vacation you have to press a couple buttons to keep your Kubrow alive. HOW TRAGIC.

Please everyone, if you don't have real feedback and are just being lazy take it to REgion chat... Keep your lazieness out of the forums where people are giving feedback. This kind of attitude is just toxicity in the community.

Edited by Feallike

O and if you want to take a vacation you have to press a couple buttons to keep your Kubrow alive. HOW TRAGIC.

Please everyone, if you don't have real feedback and are just being lazy take it to REgion chat... Keep your lazieness out of the forums where people are giving feedback. This kind of attitude is just toxicity in the community.

So, we have to run a specific mission 5 times just to keep a virtual dog alive? HOW FUN!

no you don't have to run any specific mission, you just need to work up the cash to pay for 6 stablizers, which will last you quite a while, its a speedbump for using kubrows exclusively, you should just stasis them when you're not using it so you don't have to pay for their upkeep, and use your regular sent in the meanwhile. Before you start *@##$ing about the warmup time after stasis, a little pre-planning can go a long way, wake the kubrow up a few hours before you're actually going to play with it, so you don't have to wait when you actually have time to play.

This isn't feedback or complaining about Kubrows. I'm simply speculating why they are short lived. Read my OP again, please.