Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Push Console Porting Updates To Pc Users?

Dresden_

Is it just me, or does this new update seem to cater to console players more than anything?  I liked the old mouse driven menu systems...  I liked the old star chart solar system.  I liked being able to sit in a squad and easily access my arsenal, foundry, or market with a click of a button.  But most of all, I like being able to have a browser open in one of my other monitors which allowed me to quickly look up any tidbit I need, like drop locations, ability maximization, etc without having to Esc or Alt-Tab.

This new menu disguised as an annoying talking ship serves only to hold your mouse hostage and for no reason at all.  What used to take a fraction of a second to switch between the various menus is now an arbitrarily cumbersome hike to various parts of your ship.  And the Navigation menu?  Let's just obscure half the nodes behind a completely opaque model!

I know there's a few clinical stereotypes frothing at the mouth and ready to pounce on the opportunity to point out hitting Esc puts me in a more mouse-driven menu system, but if that's your recommendation, you're missing the point of this topic.  I already exclusively use the Esc menu for everything, but I still hate it.  The old menu system was vastly superior and didn't stick menus within menus and was so much faster and ergonomic.  And if that's all PC users are going to do, then why push it to us in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like about the update, but User Experience 2.0 might as well just be named "Console Catering 2.0".  Can't the plebs just have their own version?

P.S.  Thank you for improving the Battle Results screen.  Now just make it MOUSE-wheel scrollable.  (Pattern detected)

Edited by Letter13
cleaning

Two things.

First the new UI is in no way more beneficial to Console than PC.

Second the game is multi platform now it has to be easily playable on all platforms. 

I agree, i can't even really use my controller with the new ui, not nearly as well as i did with the old.

Because Console ports give more money in long terms. Half of the developers would be happy if PC dies as gaming port, as they can make same quality games for years on consoles. And then boast about new gen graphics with 2 year old looking graphics.

Because they expect people to not complain about moving your hand around an inch or two.

+1.

I sold carrier for this reason; it wasn't doing anything I couldn't do with every frame, so I got rid of him. It's NOT hard to take 3 seconds to do what you need to do on your ship. The old system worked, yes, but this one does too.

Give it a month, you'll find people won't complain one bit about it, we had this happen before, with the old UI after the oldER UI was changed.

Personally, I like the systems, and I mouse and keyboard. It fits the lore better. The mission rewards *ARE* mouse-scrollable, but not at the end of the mission, they're scrollable on your ship.

That's the only positive aspect of it, imo.  It removes the necessity of breaking the 4th wall by having the player navigate the menus and instead makes it look like the character is interacting with the menus instead.  But I find immersion in a game with a lore that is in its infancy to be an exercise in futility.  I suppose I wouldn't mind if it didn't detract, but since it does, it's just not something I can get behind.  Yet.

You know what id like, id like to select a planet and then change my weapons instead of having to back out of the nav menu, go to the aresnal, and change there.

Guess thats too much to ask.

Yep, with a community like what we've got here, it is...  It amazes me how a group of people could be so complacent and rabid at the same time.  Willing to accept change for the sake of change even if it detracts from the experience, but also willing to bite someone's head off if they see criticism.  What a dangerous combination...

I am on PC and I rarely will play on a console unless the game doesn't exist on PC, and I don't see console catering.  I see an attempt and adding immersion to the game, something it desperately needed.  I am quite happy with what they did with the player ships.  It is fun, it is interesting.  If all you are looking for is efficiency why are you playing games.  Yes the UI needs to not be clunky, but this doesn't feel clunky to me.  It could use some tweaks, and it has also received some already, I'm sure it will get more.  Some people just can't help but find something to complain about.

Because they expect people to not complain about moving your hand around an inch or two.

Oops, didn't see this one.  You couldn't be more wrong.  The devs most definitely do expect people to complain when something is negatively changed, even if you perceive it to be slight.  I develop webapps for multinational companies, and you can damn well be sure I don't do anything that would slow down my users, even a little.  I know for certain I'm going to get a million emails and calls the moment that hits prod with complaints they are all now less efficient.  

You know what id like, id like to select a planet and then change my weapons instead of having to back out of the nav menu, go to the aresnal, and change there.

Guess thats too much to ask.

This. I like the menu system as is, but the backing out of the "star chart" multiple times just to get to the main menu or exit out is tedious. I'd also like to see the team make up just by clicking the upper left icon (that currently does nothing).

I see these as flow improvements that should be coming soon.

But in all, I like the running back and forth and the interactiveness of the menu. Some people would be happy with a "spreadsheet simulator". I'd like all my stuff to be nice and organized like it is here.

In regards to people saying stuff about the new UI helping with "immersion" is this really the game you're playing to get immersed in? The majority of missions right now consist of "kill enemies for as long as possible and have fun." Is this new UI setup really helping you go "Wow, I really feel like I am one with my Warframe now! I am totally inside this tiny little ship!"?

In regards to people saying stuff about the new UI helping with "immersion" is this really the game you're playing to get immersed in? The majority of missions right now consist of "kill enemies for as long as possible and have fun." Is this new UI setup really helping you go "Wow, I really feel like I am one with my Warframe now! I am totally inside this tiny little ship!"?

Only feeling which i get when i am on board Liset is claustrophobia.

The ESC menu should bring back the OLD UI, ALL OF IT! Not just teleport me to the new menus. Why can't we have both in the first place? Everyone would have won. It's a waste to totally scrap the old one, it was working perfectly and almost had everything we needed.

Edited by Momo93

The ESC menu should bring back the OLD UI, ALL OF IT! Not just teleport me to the new menus. Why can't we have both in the first place? Everyone would have won. It's a waste to totally scrap the old one, it was working perfectly and almost had everything we needed.

I would love to have old rotatiting starmap. It is thing that bugs me the most in new UI, among other things.

I'd still support a toggle option for this, but it just won't happen. Let the people who want their slower, less efficient UI; designed for controllers but not that great even with them and with bits of information plain missing in their unoptimised space ship. I just want to jump into the game and see everything from one screen as before. =/

I love the new UI the only thing I don't like about it is that it could so easily be full controller support but it isnt, I can select a node with my controller but i have to use my mouse to accept the mission which gets very annoying.