Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Silence From The Game(And Other General Banshee Buffs)

(NSW)Pathwerk

just reach cover before using

#skill

edit : and the guy above me is so true. Stop thinking endless missions are the only good HL things to do in this game. They are actually the most boring mission types. 

Just see how DE is experimenting with new difficulty in some missions (less HP but hellish enemy damage, ...) and you will see any warframe can be worth playing. 

And even though Banshee could be weak compared to another frame, she is by far the most funny to play imho.

Thats great if you have fun playing her but it doesnt mean she doesnt need a buff.

Thats great if you have fun playing her but it doesnt mean she doesnt need a buff.

A little buff why not, but not invulnerability during SQ. 

And I would say, SQ has to stay as it is. 

If she needs a buff, it's on Silence's effect (maybe stun enemies inside the silence effect every 3 second ?) and on Sonar's targetting. 

The rest is absolutely fine. 

And the useless ult that doesnt really do anything worthwhile, but you dont have to agree with me.

Everytime I use the ult, nobody can move except flying units.

Seems perfectly legit to me.

With my max efficiency build, it allows me near-infinite stunlock and my team mates are happy because they can breathe. 

I don't see where it doesn't work, seriously.

All 4 of her abilities have huge sniper worthy range

Push is epic and cheap CC

Sonar is a massive dmg buff that is literally unmatched

Silence has amazing stun utility if you work with it and get comfortable with its range

SQ is huge. LIKE REALLY BIG RANGE and stun

Not sure what the "white knight" comment means, but if it means that I want people that have no idea about game development to stay out of say, game development? then call me what you like. You are the one playing a free game complaining "things are not as I want them", well, leave then, or as we say in EvE, "can I have your stuff first?"

Point: Saying that you are MR16 is like saying to me that you can skateboard with your pants on your head, ie it's a meaningless metric. The fact that you think it does mean something shows an immediate problem.

If your idea of playing this game is "Defense" and "Survival" please go away and go play Dungeon Defenders, I want to play this game:

I watch that now to relax after this stupid conversations I constantly have with the direction of the game. The bit at 3:50 still give me goosebumps all the time. I want to play a Space Ninja game where we run missions, actual scripted missions, and YOU want to turn it into a "how long can we last in endless mob spam mode."

You think you know what the "chunk of game content" is and you are wrong. Hence why your other ideas are wrong.

You and me want the same from this game, seriously, the same, when i talk about my mastery rank it is not worthless, it means i have done everything in this game, literally, on the ps4 at least, am i better for this? Not at all. Do i perhaps have a dofferent perspective than you? Probably.

For example, i still remember the chills this game used to give me, no maps were that big in any console game, i wanted to explore it all, too bad i learned they were all Randomly generated rooms all the time, sometimes i would go through 3 of the same rooms. I remember meeting the infested on earth i think and then wonder what waited for me further on, obly to learn they were the last different faction and that i'd be looking at the same rooms up to pluto, point at which all became a chore. But this is still a game with awesome characters, awesome guns, awesome, even if a little flawed, mod system, which makes this game unique and so on. Point is, everything is highly customizable, but DE doesn't explore it, they release useless

Mods, mods that make previous mods obsolete, they revamp the damage system and completely forget about revamping the weapons to adapt to it, they create a mastery rank system that makes no sense, they buff enemies, create enemies, release new frames adapted to these changes but forget old ones. Anyways, you get my point, i will just go out and say the cliche, why release new things when there's so much that needs fixing?

About my idea of end game? It's the same as yours, talk to anyone that has done everything possible, point at which we call end game, and ask him what he does: it's gonna be t4s or t4d. Like you, i DON'T want it to be that way, but that's how it is.

About white knight, term usually directed to someone defending an anti consumerist behaviour of DE, such as the mentioned one, release new things and not fixing the old ones for the very reason i stated: hype and new goodies move money faster, there's no denying that.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

i think i figured out the perfect buff for banshee(and maybe even nekros)

so first off banshee is a suppourt frame by design she wasn't  made to kill huge waves of enemies just stun lock them long enough for her team to do so,but unlike many other suppourt frames(hydroid,Oberon,trinity)she has no real way of defending herself beyond her sonic boom which at times can be unreliable or just plain useless now the other suppourt frames(that aren't named nekros)have something to get them out of bad situations(hydroids tidal surge for movement and his undertow for momentary invulnerability alibi super specific. Oberon high damage and healing,and trinities link and blessing) but banshee has a long cast high cc move and a short cast cc move and ABYSMAL stats.so my recommendation remove silence and make it some kind of shield/damage reducer whatever in fact heres an idea for one

sonic disruption:enemies caught in this move have drastically decreased aim and a momentarily stun when they first experience

for infested it makes them go mad and start running in circles(since they don't have guns)

i think i figured out the perfect buff for banshee(and maybe even nekros)

so first off banshee is a suppourt frame by design she wasn't  made to kill huge waves of enemies just stun lock them long enough for her team to do so,but unlike many other suppourt frames(hydroid,Oberon,trinity)she has no real way of defending herself beyond her sonic boom which at times can be unreliable or just plain useless now the other suppourt frames(that aren't named nekros)have something to get them out of bad situations(hydroids tidal surge for movement and his undertow for momentary invulnerability alibi super specific. Oberon high damage and healing,and trinities link and blessing) but banshee has a long cast high cc move and a short cast cc move and ABYSMAL stats.so my recommendation remove silence and make it some kind of shield/damage reducer whatever in fact heres an idea for one

sonic disruption:enemies caught in this move have drastically decreased aim and a momentarily stun when they first experience

for infested it makes them go mad and start running in circles(since they don't have guns)

>No way to defend herself

>Push CC

>Sonar 11x dmg buff on 1-3 rooms of enemies

>Silence fast cast and stun for a few seconds

>Sound Quake Nothing can move or attack aside from poisonous ospreys who will likely die and bosses that you likely wont need sound quake against

>No way to defend herself

>Push CC

>Sonar 11x dmg buff on 1-3 rooms of enemies

>Silence fast cast and stun for a few seconds

>Sound Quake Nothing can move or attack aside from poisonous ospreys who will likely die and bosses that you likely wont need sound quake against

silences stun is negligible 

sound quake cast time make it a preemptive skill not self defense

sonic boom is still epic but to use it as a defense you have to constantly cast it @(*()$ everywhere

silences stun is negligible 

sound quake cast time make it a preemptive skill not self defense

sonic boom is still epic but to use it as a defense you have to constantly cast it @(*()$ everywhere

How is its stun negligible?

Its not the most useful skill for stun but it has a long range all enemy stun that lasts for white a while given it stuns enemies only once

It has great synergy with sonar and certain high pierce or spread weapons that banshee can abuse

Heres a situation

Youre surrounded and need CC

Silence enemies stunned

Sound quake enemies perma stunned

Silence when you end sound quake for even more stun

Sonar for the damage boost

Push enemies in front of you

Turn and push again and everything is on the ground

Chances are you wont be literally surrounded by enemies as banshee unless you dont know what youre doing or think youre a rhino and even if you are surrounded you have 2 extremely quick acting CCs that you can follow up with a boost to your dmg or even more heavy CC chaining

Now you havnt given much as for explanations on why these skills are bad other than poorly thought hypothetical situations that you take a step further with by underplaying banshees raw CC ability

From my perspective Silence sucks equaly as many skills. Same for her first skill(wich stun, but don't understand the use). All or almost every skill 1 in this game suck terribly, it seems meant to teach players they have skills to use on 1-2-3-4. Silence has the benefit of filling a niche.

Sonar imho should work on bosses too. Reasonning is that good players already wreck any bosses(I wreck them all with at least 3 setups, even Brakk's trio easily solo and I'm far from the best) and she is now dojo based. So helping newer players finding low gear solution seems beneficial to me. When I started warframe Banshee was unlocked through missions without any kind of effort, it was the "free" warframe and my group used her to clean harder content with lack of multishots and other rare mods.

Thing is she has her place in the actual "metagame" right now. She brings tons of unique utility for high end survival grinds(like 45mn+ things). Buff her too much and too much teams will reach that point. Sonar + Ult = Best damage enhancement for the team atm and perma CC mobs with affixes(explosion, hack, degens...) and tons of hps

Edited by Galuf

The problem is, people use silence as a stun when it's clearly meant as a stealth skill. At least until stealth 2.0 comes around, that makes this skill useless. 

As of now she's a solid frame, but not any particular advantage over other frames. There's no real reason to bring her anywhere.

How is its stun negligible?

Its not the most useful skill for stun but it has a long range all enemy stun that lasts for white a while given it stuns enemies only once

It has great synergy with sonar and certain high pierce or spread weapons that banshee can abuse

Heres a situation

Youre surrounded and need CC

Silence enemies stunned

Sound quake enemies perma stunned

Silence when you end sound quake for even more stun

Sonar for the damage boost

Push enemies in front of you

Turn and push again and everything is on the ground

Chances are you wont be literally surrounded by enemies as banshee unless you dont know what youre doing or think youre a rhino and even if you are surrounded you have 2 extremely quick acting CCs that you can follow up with a boost to your dmg or even more heavy CC chaining

Now you havnt given much as for explanations on why these skills are bad other than poorly thought hypothetical situations that you take a step further with by underplaying banshees raw CC ability

surrounded by enemies=survival defense and generally any infested mission 

okay sonic boom is epic i love this skill would be nice if they added some damage to it but doesn't really need it

sonar is pretty good needs some tweaking(so that when i @(*()$ sonar something it doesn't make it a @(*()$ moa le ar just something that cant be hurt)

silence is my main point of contention the stealth part just is awful the stun is too short and in my opinion unreliable like say you are running through survival and no one is getting the life suppourt(this happens way too often for me)I make a mad dash too the life suppourt(WAY TOO @(*()$ OFTEN)when i get there im surrounded by enemies and my squad is off somewhere faffing about(i can not explain to you how often this happens to me)its either i silence and sound quake and let it run out or get the life suppourt and probably die now say im someone like hydroid i use tempest or tentacle storm and im free to take the objective 

the main problem with silence not long and/or repeating it provides no self defense just prep time thats my issue with banshee needs to be able to use some form of cc that doesn't dedicate her entire being 

sound quake its pretty good but needs some major tweaking like change the damage type(blast is okay but i feel like it could be better) make it do something like a couple seconds after ending it it still has like after shocks or something

banshees move set is decent all around(silence needs major revision still)bt her stats let her down low armour average health average shields and the fact that she just feels outclassed by other warframes

don't take this as banshee bashing quite the opposite the reason i started this thread and the reason why i'm keeping it alive is because banshee is my favorite warframe when i started playing the game and i learned about more warframes when i saw banshee i immediately said (I WANT DAT)I got her before the tenno lab i built around 20 derelict defense keys just to get her i went through that one grineer sabotage mission so many times I have memorized every grineer tile set and i want her to be brought to the god tier level rhino and valkyr are at(remember when valkyr use to be S#&$ and nows shes the S#&$)

You and me want the same from this game, seriously, the same, when i talk about my mastery rank it is not worthless, it means i have done everything in this game, literally, on the ps4 at least, am i better for this? Not at all. Do i perhaps have a dofferent perspective than you? Probably.

For example, i still remember the chills this game used to give me, no maps were that big in any console game, i wanted to explore it all, too bad i learned they were all Randomly generated rooms all the time, sometimes i would go through 3 of the same rooms. I remember meeting the infested on earth i think and then wonder what waited for me further on, obly to learn they were the last different faction and that i'd be looking at the same rooms up to pluto, point at which all became a chore. But this is still a game with awesome characters, awesome guns, awesome, even if a little flawed, mod system, which makes this game unique and so on. Point is, everything is highly customizable, but DE doesn't explore it, they release useless

Mods, mods that make previous mods obsolete, they revamp the damage system and completely forget about revamping the weapons to adapt to it, they create a mastery rank system that makes no sense, they buff enemies, create enemies, release new frames adapted to these changes but forget old ones. Anyways, you get my point, i will just go out and say the cliche, why release new things when there's so much that needs fixing?

About my idea of end game? It's the same as yours, talk to anyone that has done everything possible, point at which we call end game, and ask him what he does: it's gonna be t4s or t4d. Like you, i DON'T want it to be that way, but that's how it is.

About white knight, term usually directed to someone defending an anti consumerist behaviour of DE, such as the mentioned one, release new things and not fixing the old ones for the very reason i stated: hype and new goodies move money faster, there's no denying that.

I've been playing computer games since computer games existed. I'm not saying this for any other reasons other then this:

Everything gets boring. Everything, once you play it long enough.

I can't even imagine what it would take a company to inject game content fast enough to keep up with players, and even if they could manage it, what sort of bloated monstrosity would it turn into? I have regularly pumped 500+ hours in all my fav games, but after that ... yea, you can get 1000 hours, and even more, but at some stage your brain plays on automatic.

Do I want Warframe to get constant tweaking? Hell yes, what I do not want is major reworks of abilities just because they might get less use, this is why we have lots of frames and are meant to use the correct one for the correct mission. If one ability end up being lackluster it's usually because the missions themselves are not varied enough.

Can you imagine a mission where we are all fighting high up on mountain ranges, with narrow pathways and sheer drops? Banshee could spam Sonic Boom like an iWin button.

Do I agree with you over Banshee silence being a bit "meh"? Yea I do, as I don't think we really get many places to use it effectively. I hardly ever use Excalibur jump ability also because I'm used to playing without it on other frames. I can't of the top of my head think of a single map where it would be a better tool than just normal movement to get something done. It's not like the levels are hand crafted like say Deux Ex, in order to give more scope use to all the powers.

We need missions to become more then just "a race to the exit", and hopefully when that happens, and they feel a lot more like the trailers make Warframe to be, I think we will see less posts of "nerf this, fix that" and more request for deeper scope in the missions themselves.

Edited by DSpite

The problem is, people use silence as a stun when it's clearly meant as a stealth skill. At least until stealth 2.0 comes around, that makes this skill useless. 

As of now she's a solid frame, but not any particular advantage over other frames. There's no real reason to bring her anywhere.

This I agree with, as it follows a post I just made.

The problem is not the skill, the problem is there is little mechanics in game that favor use of that skill. In a realistic scenario, such a skill would be awesome. I mean, giving an entire team of Seals the ability to enter a building and "go loud" without actually going loud? Awesome.

We lack the in game situations to use this situational skill. If De make any mistakes in making that particular Banshee ability, is not tweak current AI mechanics in order to make it behave better. AI units sometimes seem incredibly stupid, and at other times seem to spot you across an entire map, just because you accidentally stand up 100m away, instead of staying crouched, I think we all know for example that we can launch silent rockets at mobs standing next to each other without getting noticed, these are all things that need tweaking, in order for many other things to make sense, including many frame abilities.

Are we still getting zapped by Arc Traps under full invisibility for example? I mean, how weird does that feel?

surrounded by enemies=survival defense and generally any infested mission 

okay sonic boom is epic i love this skill would be nice if they added some damage to it but doesn't really need it

sonar is pretty good needs some tweaking(so that when i @(*()$ sonar something it doesn't make it a @(*()$ moa le ar just something that cant be hurt)

silence is my main point of contention the stealth part just is awful the stun is too short and in my opinion unreliable like say you are running through survival and no one is getting the life suppourt(this happens way too often for me)I make a mad dash too the life suppourt(WAY TOO @(*()$ OFTEN)when i get there im surrounded by enemies and my squad is off somewhere faffing about(i can not explain to you how often this happens to me)its either i silence and sound quake and let it run out or get the life suppourt and probably die now say im someone like hydroid i use tempest or tentacle storm and im free to take the objective 

the main problem with silence not long and/or repeating it provides no self defense just prep time thats my issue with banshee needs to be able to use some form of cc that doesn't dedicate her entire being 

sound quake its pretty good but needs some major tweaking like change the damage type(blast is okay but i feel like it could be better) make it do something like a couple seconds after ending it it still has like after shocks or something

banshees move set is decent all around(silence needs major revision still)bt her stats let her down low armour average health average shields and the fact that she just feels outclassed by other warframes

don't take this as banshee bashing quite the opposite the reason i started this thread and the reason why i'm keeping it alive is because banshee is my favorite warframe when i started playing the game and i learned about more warframes when i saw banshee i immediately said (I WANT DAT)I got her before the tenno lab i built around 20 derelict defense keys just to get her i went through that one grineer sabotage mission so many times I have memorized every grineer tile set and i want her to be brought to the god tier level rhino and valkyr are at(remember when valkyr use to be S#&$ and nows shes the S#&$)

Sonar and push already do that

Then stun is long enough to activate LS and hit the road

The stealth part does stink though

Considering its huge range that might be broken

Considering that enemies are reeeally good at spotting you from inhuman distances and alert all nearby friends as well you would have to recast this fairly often if you were sloppy, making it fair.  We already have Loki and Ash chilling in their cloaks indefinitely and Excal/Mirage blinding the whole map and slaughtering everything before they can react, so this would just be stealth as usual, but actual stealth at the cost of energy.

Sonar and push already do that

Then stun is long enough to activate LS and hit the road

The stealth part does stink though

sonar can and has highlighted invulerable body parts for me i just wish they would fix that

sonic boom does like 25 damage thats nothing when i say damage i mean like mags pull(of course this part as i said isn't needed but would be nice)

the stun on silence just feels incredibly unsubstantial after playing with it on multiple mission types it just never found a use for that sonic boom couldn't do better as a skill i feels unneeded

i still think banshee needs some kind of mobility or defense buff like nearly every other suppourt(that isn't named nekros)

Edited by unitusthespirate

Considering that enemies are reeeally good at spotting you from inhuman distances and alert all nearby friends as well you would have to recast this fairly often if you were sloppy, making it fair.  We already have Loki and Ash chilling in their cloaks indefinitely and Excal/Mirage blinding the whole map and slaughtering everything before they can react, so this would just be stealth as usual, but actual stealth at the cost of energy.

I dont know about you but i often have fun walking just behind enemies and seeing how long it takes them to spot me

They never notice me until i get close and then they just shoot at me

Senpais are mean

sonar can and has highlighted invulerable body parts for me i just wish they would fix that

sonic boom does like 25 damage thats nothing when i say damage i mean like mags pull(of course this part as i said isn't needed but would be nice)

the stun on silence just feels incredibly unsubstantial after playing with it on multiple mission types it just never found a use for that sonic boom couldn't do better as a skill i feels unneeded

i still think banshee needs some kind of mobility or defense buff like nearly every other suppourt(that isn't named nekros)

Why would a CC skill need damage?

You could double the damage on push and it wouldnt matter because itd just fall off really early in the game, especially considering how popular overextended is on banshee ._.

As for sonar

Most frames have 1-2 useless abilities

Banshee has one thats arguable

Its really meant for solo or group stealth run and stun seemed to be tacked on to give it use in everything else

It still has 2-3 seconds of stun on a huge range that has a very nice synergy with chokepoints and snipers

Seriously try to stand about where your max range is and watch things get stunned while you shoot away

Its amazing

In T 4 Def you can stun everything that comes out of the large door and just out the staircase and leave them nice and grouped to kill

Why would a CC skill need damage?

You could double the damage on push and it wouldnt matter because itd just fall off really early in the game, especially considering how popular overextended is on banshee ._.

As for sonar

Most frames have 1-2 useless abilities

Banshee has one thats arguable

Its really meant for solo or group stealth run and stun seemed to be tacked on to give it use in everything else

It still has 2-3 seconds of stun on a huge range that has a very nice synergy with chokepoints and snipers

Seriously try to stand about where your max range is and watch things get stunned while you shoot away

Its amazing

In T 4 Def you can stun everything that comes out of the large door and just out the staircase and leave them nice and grouped to kill

i said it would be nice,for like leveling and stuff

i just formaed my banshee and before that i didnt use silence so now im relegated to useing rank 1 silence so i might not be able to see the full results but i still think to balance her out more(i consider her liker low mid tier maybe mid tier)a skill with a defense or speed buff would definitely be better then silence

ps:you know how silence makes everything muted i think all her skills should have some kind of sound effect like sonar going bloop and sound quake sound like a dubstep drop