Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Silence From The Game(And Other General Banshee Buffs)

(NSW)Pathwerk

and here are some nitpicks 

first:you always say sonic boom and deadly...have you noticed the you made it hurt about as much as the back hand of a squirrel,it's not a bad skill but why would you advertise the damage when its pure cc

what if for loki's radial disarm  said"makes delicious ham sandwich also"  thats pretty misleading wording

NUMBER 2:banshees sound quake has no protection when using it beyond its stagger...which is little more then long melee range...remeber they sell her as a sniper and her ult involves her jumping hoards of enemies recklessly to wub them too death JUST LIKE A REAL SNIPER  

PURPLE APPLESAUCE:she has offense polarities for absolutely no good reason as all offense mods are only moderately good on her...comare this too say valkyr who also had all offense mods.now what was valkyrs job too run in like a mad man(well in this case women )and claw ALL THE THINGS out of the enemies innards now this made sense

being up close to people she would probably use a shot gun or rifle to help in medium to close combat would rely on her melee alot and all her abilities had durations(bar ripline) and high damage levels(bar hysteria)

now whats banshees job

make S#&$ easy to shoot and kill very fast (similar too alcohol)

now two abilities are affected by duration (one of which we have established is about a usefull as a towel that naturally gets wet over time for no reason)

two abilities affected by damage(one of which we have established stings like a one day old baby punch)

Edited by unitusthespirate

and here are some nitpicks 
first:you always say sonic boom and deadly...have you noticed the you made it hurt about as much as the back hand of a squirrel,it's not a bad skill but why would you advertise the damage when its pure cc

what if for loki's radial disarm  said"makes delicious ham sandwich also"  thats pretty misleading wording

NUMBER 2:banshees sound quake has no protection when using it beyond its stagger...which is little more then long melee range...remeber they sell her as a sniper and her ult involves her jumping hoards of enemies recklessly to wub them too death JUST LIKE A REAL SNIPER  

PURPLE APPLESAUCE:she has offense polarities for absolutely no good reason as all offense mods are only moderately good on her...comare this too say valkyr who also had all offense mods.now what was valkyrs job too run in like a mad man(well in this case women )and claw ALL THE THINGS out of the enemies innards now this made sense
being up close to people she would probably use a shot gun or rifle to help in medium to close combat would rely on her melee alot and all her abilities had durations(bar ripline) and high damage levels(bar hysteria)

now whats banshees job
make S#&$ easy to shoot and kill very fast (similar too alcohol)

two abilities affected by damage(one of which we have established stings like a one day old baby punch)

now two abilities are affected by duration (one of which we have established is about a useful as a towel that naturally gets wet over time for no reason)

Edited by unitusthespirate

She is in no need of a buff whatsoever. If you know how to play banshee, you use sound quake and sonar, with efficiency and power strength. It's far better than Sonic Boom, and just as spammable due to toggle. It even does decent damage, killing T4 defense waves within 10 seconds of entering the radius.

She's not a sniper frame. She's an all-rounder that just happens to suit snipers very well. If you want to snipe and use maximum strength and range sonar and silence, that is your prerogative.

She doesn't need a buff. She isn't S#&$. She's wonderful, and if you use a 1 ability for damage, you're doing it wrong.

You don't even need to worry about silence. It's for people who like to sneak in quietly and get out. If that's not your style, don't use it. That's what mods are for. Don't ask the devs to change that because YOU don't like it.

As for polarities, strength is needed for all her abilities save silence. There's a thing called forma if you don't like it. Use it.

This game has so much customization, its ridiculous. Don't complain about banshee, she got buffed and that's all she needed. Anything past her stunlock damaging multi-wave quake is just overkill.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

1. Jesus christ that text is hard to read.

2. You posted this in the wrong category. This should be in feedback/suggestions, not in General Discussion.

3. Snipers ARE rifles.

4. Just about every video I've seen with Banshee in it features Silence. Far from useless.

5. "Using sonic attacks and acoustic target detection, Banshee is well suited for stealth gameplay and is capable of filling both attack, and support      roles." I don't see the word 'sniper' in there. Silence is, however, a great stealth/support skill.

In conclusion: These changes are unneeded and additional work. No.

P.S. There's an edit button. Use it.

If Silence had an actual ring/aura that indicated the range of the skill around you, I'd use it.

But being vague and iffy on it's range is not worth the equip.

It needs a clear indicator of how far it goes and who is currently silenced. Until then, it will forever stay unequipped.

Sonar needs more leniency imo. It should be a skill that pulses for a few seconds before beginning the countdown. Instead it's just a flash and it will miss most enemies if you aren't in a wide open area because it hits walls and terrain. Sonar is only useful in very situational rooms, and it will forever stay unequipped because of how picky it is.

Fleeting Expertise + Streamline + Stretch + Intensity + Sound Quake + invisibility = Good enough.

Alongside Sonic Boom for emergency knockdown.

Why remove?

I think it a fine radial stun skill with silenced debuff as a plus.  it  works pretty well when you need to quickly move and shoot like in survival.

Also great for defense when melee mobs are swarming. Anything that enters will be stunned for a second or two.

in response to alot of these

first off im still new to the forum so when i decided to copy paste one of my older comments made on a different forum i didnt know why it was like that (thanks for the advice

second off every single piece of official artwork had her with a bow and arrow(hell her signature weapon is the paris)so i guess i rooted the whole sniper thing deep into my head (she also works well with shot guns in all honesty i just dont like shotguns so i forgot about them)

i took a long break from warframe(release of zephyr till release of mirage) and i didnt know about the silence buff (my fault really(i use() to much))from the looks of it silence could still use some buffing but its getting there

my complaints about the polarities still stand in my opinion just because v polarity is just a S#&$ty aura polarity(SERIOUSLY de make a good v aura already)

She used to be invulnerable during sound quake before they nerfed her, yes silence needs a buff/rework or just needs to go. Her first skill would be better if it was 360 radius. Other skill needs to highlight weak points differently its always bee buggy. Her ult needs to let you move and increase damage back to prenerf

Her ult needs to let you move and increase damage back to prenerf

would be damn OP, it's weak because nothing can move, if you buff damage she will become the new  Nova  Mirage. Even more if you allow her to move. SQ is a sacrifice of your own mobility for a great area-long duration stun. It doesn't need anything. 

Silence doesn't need anything neither. Officially a stealth skill, but can be used as a mobile stun (perfect to quickly immobilize a group of enemies before attacking. Really useful in any mission type. 

Sonic boom could get a range buff but it's okay since it's cheap and allows quick stun and ground finishers at the same time. 

Sonar could target only already weak spots so that it becomes useful in any situation. Currently it's ineffective against most of the bosses so it makes Banshee useless in boss fights.

That's the only true problem. The rest is very fine and makes of Banshee a high tier frame. if you don't use her properly, that's your problem.

How to fix silence.

1. All sounds INSIDE the AoE are muffled. So those pesky grineer from 100m away won't be able to hear anything.
2. Better effects that show just how big the AoE is.

3. Enemies with hitscan weapons have their accuracy reduced. If silence already does this then make their aim terrible.

Why is everyone so bitter in here? Silence is shi*. Period. Doubt any of you use it, and if you do, i'm sorry, i'll gladly take your hand and guide you to a better banshee, anyways, she NEEDS to be invulnerable while casting quake, the thing scales BADLY and deals probably the worst damage type, good for procs, which leads me to think that quake is more about defense than offense, so why the hell leave her like a sitting duck with her sorry as* stats? no reason, to bad DE takes too long, if at all, to revisit old frames and weapons, while releasing new ones non stop, guess that grabbing more money from new goodies is priority rather than fixing stuff.

Why is everyone so bitter in here? Silence is shi*. Period. Doubt any of you use it, and if you do, i'm sorry, i'll gladly take your hand and guide you to a better banshee, anyways, she NEEDS to be invulnerable while casting quake, the thing scales BADLY and deals probably the worst damage type, good for procs, which leads me to think that quake is more about defense than offense, so why the hell leave her like a sitting duck with her sorry as* stats? no reason, to bad DE takes too long, if at all, to revisit old frames and weapons, while releasing new ones non stop, guess that grabbing more money from new goodies is priority rather than fixing stuff.

Silence would be fine if it actually made enemies unaware; that's all it needs.  

Quake's damage is not bad (especially spamming it at close range for headshots) and Blast is only bad against Ferrite while being strong against Infested Ancients.  There's no need for invulnerability for the quake; mod for more range or position yourself better so that enemies can't retaliate.  Now that you can cancel the quake at any time you're no longer in danger of dying when you cast it in a vulnerable position so the invulnerability is not necessary.

Edited by RealPandemonium

would be damn OP, it's weak because nothing can move, if you buff damage she will become the new  Nova  Mirage. Even more if you allow her to move. SQ is a sacrifice of your own mobility for a great area-long duration stun. It doesn't need anything. 

Silence doesn't need anything neither. Officially a stealth skill, but can be used as a mobile stun (perfect to quickly immobilize a group of enemies before attacking. Really useful in any mission type. 

Sonic boom could get a range buff but it's okay since it's cheap and allows quick stun and ground finishers at the same time. 

Sonar could target only already weak spots so that it becomes useful in any situation. Currently it's ineffective against most of the bosses so it makes Banshee useless in boss fights.

That's the only true problem. The rest is very fine and makes of Banshee a high tier frame. if you don't use her properly, that's your problem.

okay her ult has never actually been just about CC and if it was they wouldnt have nerfed the range. It was a damage ult with a little cc and now its just an ult with a little cc that doesnt always work and allows you to get shot like a sitting duck. It needs a buff and if they wont buff the damage then they need to change it so you can move with it. Only then would the CC be worth it.

I love the "grabbing money" argument. Were you forced to buy anything? Are you paying a monthly fee that allows you to make demands on the direction of the game? Have you ever made suggestions in ANY games out there and were those magical ideas of your ever implemented?

I have a maxed distance, min cost Banshee that keeps up Sound Quake for entire missions, especially when my mates drop Energy Restores on me, and yes, it's for defense, because, you know, "team play"?

And Silence allows slaughtering of entire tiles with any guns we see fit to use without having the NEXT tile call a lockdown and making us play Puzzle Pirates.

You play YOUR way, I'll play mine. I def don't need your help on how to have fun in my game. Since there is no "ladder" or "ranking" in PvE, how people have fun is not your concern. You want to min-max all day, go play another game, I mean, you obviously have issues with this one.

I love the "grabbing money" argument. Were you forced to buy anything? Are you paying a monthly fee that allows you to make demands on the direction of the game? Have you ever made suggestions in ANY games out there and were those magical ideas of your ever implemented?

I have a maxed distance, min cost Banshee that keeps up Sound Quake for entire missions, especially when my mates drop Energy Restores on me, and yes, it's for defense, because, you know, "team play"?

And Silence allows slaughtering of entire tiles with any guns we see fit to use without having the NEXT tile call a lockdown and making us play Puzzle Pirates.

You play YOUR way, I'll play mine. I def don't need your help on how to have fun in my game. Since there is no "ladder" or "ranking" in PvE, how people have fun is not your concern. You want to min-max all day, go play another game, I mean, you obviously have issues with this one.

Morning to you too white knight, i never said i was forced to buy anything but i play this game regularly, MR 16, being on a moon clan i get to talk with many ppl during a play sit, enough to know that whenever new items arrive there's always that chunk of ppl that plat buy it to have it before. So yes, releasing new items move platinum way faster than revisiting old frames/weapon. Many of "my" suggestions that were not only mine but others as well were implemented to ME3 MP, a game which is very similar to this one btw and what brought me here as well.

And yes sir, i do know what team play is, that's why i have a max power strength sonar build to help decimating high lv enemies in T4s while other frames do CC better than a Banshee could ever hope to do; It's cute that you wanna play CC but i wouldn't rely on a sitting duck with half assed stats and no armor to keep enemies from hitting me, sure you could hide in a dark and small room and use quake from there, if that's your concept of fun, quaking the entire match...That said i do keep it in my build with a solid efficency as well allowing me to use that if the likes of nyx, loki, excal, mag, rhino,vauban all fail to do their job.

Then we have silence, which, like many others have expressed here, is pointless, even more so in defense or survivals, the chunk of our current end game content.

Last but not least, cut the hypocrisy, you advocate playing however suits one best and proceeds to suggest that i leave the game, if your assumption that i am a min-max guy is right, and even if it was, that'd be the way I have fun.

Morning to you too white knight, i never said i was forced to buy anything but i play this game regularly, MR 16, being on a moon clan i get to talk with many ppl during a play sit, enough to know that whenever new items arrive there's always that chunk of ppl that plat buy it to have it before. So yes, releasing new items move platinum way faster than revisiting old frames/weapon. Many of "my" suggestions that were not only mine but others as well were implemented to ME3 MP, a game which is very similar to this one btw and what brought me here as well.

And yes sir, i do know what team play is, that's why i have a max power strength sonar build to help decimating high lv enemies in T4s while other frames do CC better than a Banshee could ever hope to do; It's cute that you wanna play CC but i wouldn't rely on a sitting duck with half assed stats and no armor to keep enemies from hitting me, sure you could hide in a dark and small room and use quake from there, if that's your concept of fun, quaking the entire match...That said i do keep it in my build with a solid efficency as well allowing me to use that if the likes of nyx, loki, excal, mag, rhino,vauban all fail to do their job.

Then we have silence, which, like many others have expressed here, is pointless, even more so in defense or survivals, the chunk of our current end game content.

Last but not least, cut the hypocrisy, you advocate playing however suits one best and proceeds to suggest that i leave the game, if your assumption that i am a min-max guy is right, and even if it was, that'd be the way I have fun.

Not sure what the "white knight" comment means, but if it means that I want people that have no idea about game development to stay out of say, game development? then call me what you like. You are the one playing a free game complaining "things are not as I want them", well, leave then, or as we say in EvE, "can I have your stuff first?"

Point: Saying that you are MR16 is like saying to me that you can skateboard with your pants on your head, ie it's a meaningless metric. The fact that you think it does mean something shows an immediate problem.

If your idea of playing this game is "Defense" and "Survival" please go away and go play Dungeon Defenders, I want to play this game:

I watch that now to relax after this stupid conversations I constantly have with the direction of the game. The bit at 3:50 still give me goosebumps all the time. I want to play a Space Ninja game where we run missions, actual scripted missions, and YOU want to turn it into a "how long can we last in endless mob spam mode."

You think you know what the "chunk of game content" is and you are wrong. Hence why your other ideas are wrong.

okay her ult has never actually been just about CC and if it was they wouldnt have nerfed the range. It was a damage ult with a little cc and now its just an ult with a little cc that doesnt always work and allows you to get shot like a sitting duck. It needs a buff and if they wont buff the damage then they need to change it so you can move with it. Only then would the CC be worth it.

just reach cover before using

#skill

edit : and the guy above me is so true. Stop thinking endless missions are the only good HL things to do in this game. They are actually the most boring mission types. 

Just see how DE is experimenting with new difficulty in some missions (less HP but hellish enemy damage, ...) and you will see any warframe can be worth playing. 

And even though Banshee could be weak compared to another frame, she is by far the most funny to play imho.

Edited by DeadScream